Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Comparing this to OEM, if they were priced the same or the OEM was less and available (no 3 + month wait) which way would you go?
Priced the same with less availability? Anderson Composites hands down! Buying a second hand OEM is too risky for me and I'd be willing to wait for 6-12 months if it meant I'd get better quality.
Sponsored

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just published our 1 month review of the Hard Top if anyone is interested.

Nice review. I also like the “OEM” style better than the ADV. Do you have Morimoto headlights installed?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Out of curiosity, can we get an update on how you feel about the top now? I'm in the "wait" for one I ordered in May. So I'm just curious. Mine will be white, and of course the 12-16 week lead time is where I'm holding now.

OP
OP
Bird Dog Off Road

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of curiosity, can we get an update on how you feel about the top now? I'm in the "wait" for one I ordered in May. So I'm just curious. Mine will be white, and of course the 12-16 week lead time is where I'm holding now.
See 2 posts up, LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bird Dog Off Road

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice review. I also like the “OEM” style better than the ADV. Do you have Morimoto headlights installed?
I do, please check out my Youtube channel. Got tons of video installs and product reviews.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just realized something while browsing the Anderson Composites website. For those of you who like the Anderson Composites hard top, but don't like the textured finish, the "Primer Grey" version they offer has a smooth finish and not a textured finish. I can't 100% confirm this, but the black version is labeled as "Textured Black", the white version is labeled as "Textured White", and the primer version is just labeled "Primer Grey". Plus, take a look at the zoomed in photos of the Primer Grey version compared to the textured black/white versions and you can tell the primer grey is smooth.

So point being, if the textured finish is what is holding you back from ordering the Anderson Composites top, just buy the primer grey version and have it painted whatever color you want.

2021 - 2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door Fiberglass Hardtop (Textured Black) | Anderson Composites

2021 - 2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door Fiberglass Hardtop (Textured White) | Anderson Composites

2021 - 2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door Fiberglass Hardtop (Primer Grey) | Anderson Composites

Textured Black.jpg

Textured White.jpg

Primer Grey.jpg

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just realized something while browsing the Anderson Composites website. For those of you who like the Anderson Composites hard top, but don't like the textured finish, the "Primer Grey" version they offer has a smooth finish and not a textured finish. I can't 100% confirm this, but the black version is labeled as "Textured Black", the white version is labeled as "Textured White", and the primer version is just labeled "Primer Grey". Plus, take a look at the zoomed in photos of the Primer Grey version compared to the textured black/white versions and you can tell the primer grey is smooth.

So point being, if the textured finish is what is holding you back from ordering the Anderson Composites top, just buy the primer grey version and have it painted whatever color you want.

2021 - 2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door Fiberglass Hardtop (Textured Black) | Anderson Composites

2021 - 2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door Fiberglass Hardtop (Textured White) | Anderson Composites

2021 - 2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door Fiberglass Hardtop (Primer Grey) | Anderson Composites

Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hard Top installed photos! Primer Grey

Why would they do a texture like that to begin with? Looks heavier than what you see on the oem top. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me. Almost looks like it got a coat of line-x or something.

Shoe

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Early in April 2023 I order the white Anderson Bronco Hardtop. Two weeks after completing the order through a local representative I called to get the order number, which they gave happily. Before ordering the local dealer indicated that Anderson was known for not delivering on schedule. A good thing was that I was verifying, Anderson had internal issues and the order had not been placed, they had my money but no order on record. The official order was assigned April 17, 2023. After about a month I called Anderson to verify the status of the order. George Gonzales, the assigned Bronce representative told me that delivery would be between 12-16 weeks. At 12 weeks I called back, at that time George told me that they stopped producing white roofs and that the delivery would be 16 weeks as originally committed. Apparently, they have more orders for black than white and can't produce both at the same time.

Today, July 18th, I called, and George answered. Gave me the order number and he came back and said mine was "tentatively" scheduled to ship at the end of August. Told him that I planned to comment on the Bronco Forum, he didn't seem to care. His attitude was, take it or leave it. I don't believe that they will deliver in August, maybe September. Damned unfortunate incompetency, unacceptable practices!

Shoe

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Early in April 2023 I order the white Anderson Bronco Hardtop. Two weeks after completing the order through a local representative I called to get the order number, which they gave happily. Before ordering the local dealer indicated that Anderson was known for not delivering on schedule. A good thing was that I was verifying, Anderson had internal issues and the order had not been placed, they had my money but no order on record. The official order was assigned April 17, 2023. After about a month I called Anderson to verify the status of the order. George Gonzales, the assigned Bronce representative told me that delivery would be between 12-16 weeks. At 12 weeks I called back, at that time George told me that they stopped producing white roofs and that the delivery would be 16 weeks as originally committed. Apparently, they have more orders for black than white and can't produce both at the same time.

Today, July 18th, I called, and George answered. Gave me the order number and he came back and said mine was "tentatively" scheduled to ship at the end of August. Told him that I planned to comment on the Bronco Forum, he didn't seem to care. His attitude was, take it or leave it. I don't believe that they will deliver in August, maybe September. Damned unfortunate incompetency, unacceptable practices!
Forgot to mention, more that 16 weeks have passed since the original order date, now they are saying 6 additional weeks, total of 24 weeks, approximately double their commitment at ordering. Wanted the new roof to mitigate summer heat issues in Texas, worst summer ever. Hopefully it'll come before winter..

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Textured Black.jpg

Textured White.jpg

Primer Grey.jpg
You are correct. I ordered the primered and plan on having mine painted gloss black

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgot to mention, more that 16 weeks have passed since the original order date, now they are saying 6 additional weeks, total of 24 weeks, approximately double their commitment at ordering. Wanted the new roof to mitigate summer heat issues in Texas, worst summer ever. Hopefully it'll come before winter..
Sorry to hear that dude! The wait on everything sucks. I went into it with low expectations as far as timeline because they are using OEM parts which are all back ordered. I placed my order June 1st. Will let you guys know how long it takes. I think it will be a high quality top and worth it in the end
Sponsored