Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can’t do it yourself, and I don’t have any friends near Anaheim.
Gotcha. Well hopefully they don’t charge you anything since it sounds like it’s going back. I’d use those funds for a hoist lift so you can take on/off as you please.
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Soooo apparently Anderson is still having paint issues that they didn’t catch til assembly??? So my top that was supposed to be 2 weeks out is being held while they try to figure out what they’re gonna do….no new ETA provided. Local shop said maybe just get a primered one, but then when I asked if they’re gonna discount the cost to have a local body shop paint it for me he said he didn’t know. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Anderson’s lack of communication is getting worse and worse.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soooo apparently Anderson is still having paint issues that they didn’t catch til assembly??? So my top that was supposed to be 2 weeks out is being held while they try to figure out what they’re gonna do….no new ETA provided. Local shop said maybe just get a primered one, but then when I asked if they’re gonna discount the cost to have a local body shop paint it for me he said he didn’t know. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Anderson’s lack of communication is getting worse and worse.
I ordered the primered top and it’s the same price as the textured top unfortunately ☹

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This.

Me personally I was never going to be satisfied with the MIC because of the color. Even if I was fortunate to get one that was good quality, I can’t stand the gray. So I was always going to have to shell out more $$ to get the finish I wanted since the MOD top was vaporware. Aftermarket was the only way to go for me. With the extra cost and lying of ADV, the logo on Turn Off Road, AC is my fav so far. Armadillo is overbuilt for my needs. But I’m glad there are options out there for everyone!
That 2x2inch logo on the Turn top is a deal breaker for you, even though they said there will have a delete option?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That 2x2inch logo on the Turn top is a deal breaker for you, even though they said there will have a delete option?
Oh I didn’t know they’d have a delete option. That helps a lot!!

I’m big on things I add looking OEM so it was a deal breaker before. My work around would have been to remove it, add body filler and paint over it

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Busyhands did you ever get your paint issues resolved? I'm of course still waiting on mine.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Because of his issues I’m opting to have mine painted by APG off-road
and while that is a real option, I'm having some other issues financially with home repairs all hitting at once...and the extra cost of taking the hard top to a local body shop to get painted isn't something i can incur right now. Especially since they don't offer the primered at a cheaper price, or at least not cheap enough to offset the work of an auto shop to paint it.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and while that is a real option, I'm having some other issues financially with home repairs all hitting at once...and the extra cost of taking the hard top to a local body shop to get painted isn't something i can incur right now. Especially since they don't offer the primered at a cheaper price, or at least not cheap enough to offset the work of an auto shop to paint it.
Yeah I wonder why the primered isn’t cheaper? Totally understand because this stuff ain’t cheap

OP
OP

Busyhands

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Busyhands did you ever get your paint issues resolved? I'm of course still waiting on mine.
Just got off the phone with Anderson. They’ve been perfecting a new process for the white tops and I am told they just finished the first one that apparently looks incredible. So it sounds like my issues will be resolved in the next month or two, because they agreed that the finish on the one I was delivered was not right.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got off the phone with Anderson. They’ve been perfecting a new process for the white tops and I am told they just finished the first one that apparently looks incredible. So it sounds like my issues will be resolved in the next month or two, because they agreed that the finish on the one I was delivered was not right.
That’s great news!! Did autoAddicts ever address the issues they caused when they installed your top?

OP
OP

Busyhands

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s great news!! Did autoAddicts ever address the issues they caused when they installed your top?
After my experience I made it clear to Anderson that I wouldn’t be dealing with Auto addicts in any way going forward. With the behavior of the owner of AA I’ll be surprised if they’re still in business in five years.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well hopefully that means I'll be getting mine next week as I've been told mine is one of the "samples" scheduled for delivery at their offices this week.

OP
OP

Busyhands

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well hopefully that means I'll be getting mine next week as I've been told mine is one of the "samples" scheduled for delivery at their offices this week.
I hope you do! As I’ve said from the beginning these Anderson tops are incredible quality.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After my experience I made it clear to Anderson that I wouldn’t be dealing with Auto addicts in any way going forward. With the behavior of the owner of AA I’ll be surprised if they’re still in business in five years.
Well thank you for your review. Because of it I elected to have a different company do the painting on mine. I’m sorry they didn’t treat you well
Sponsored