Sponsored

Are there center caps (not just the logo piece) to fit open center wheels?

Murph_PEI

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Apologies if this is a duplicate but my original post yesterday seems to not have made, it so I will try again.
I admit messing up as I bought some cheap, sacrificial, steel wheels to run my winter tires so salt would not destroy my Big Bend wheels. I'm not used to there being exposed parts underneath the wheel so I did a head slap when I saw this... See pic.
Ford Bronco Are there center caps (not just the logo piece) to fit open center wheels? Wheel_small

I'm not finding any bolt-on or clip-on solutions that would fit when I search but I'm hoping someone here has an idea before I give up and spend more on new wheels. Thanks all!
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed them on a previous vehicle for the same reasons. I had to search to find a cap the correct size. Might of even been for a trailer? Doesn't really matter as long as it fits. Also packed them full of grease.

Look up wheel dust caps or wheel bearing caps. Amazon for one has a lot but you need to know your size.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Apologies if this is a duplicate but my original post yesterday seems to not have made, it so I will try again.
I admit messing up as I bought some cheap, sacrificial, steel wheels to run my winter tires so salt would not destroy my Big Bend wheels. I'm not used to there being exposed parts underneath the wheel so I did a head slap when I saw this... See pic.
Ford Bronco Are there center caps (not just the logo piece) to fit open center wheels? Wheel_small

I'm not finding any bolt-on or clip-on solutions that would fit when I search but I'm hoping someone here has an idea before I give up and spend more on new wheels. Thanks all!
I would go to ford and buy the black diamond steelie centre cap cover, it even has a bronco on it

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would go to ford and buy the black diamond steelie centre cap cover, it even has a bronco on it
If I recall, the BD cover clips to the lugnuts so it should work fine. The base caps are the same, as well as Ranger caps but they don't have the logo (and may be cheaper).

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I recall, the BD cover clips to the lugnuts so it should work fine. The base caps are the same, as well as Ranger caps but they don't have the logo (and may be cheaper).
I'd be careful that the Bronco Steel Wheel Hub cover has enough depth to clear your axle nut.
It doesn't look like it does to me.

Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yup

they go under the lug nuts and over the axle end

OP
OP

Murph_PEI

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the great ideas. Ford only mentioned replacement wheels to me when inquired but sometimes you have to know exactly what to ask for yourself, especially with a new product line. Now I do.

Re. a generic bolt on:
I've been looking for generic ones but have yet to find one that I'm confident will fit over the axle. If those dealers respond to my inquiries and I find one, I'll certainly post it so it's here for other's who make the same mistake.

Thanks all !!

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the great ideas. Ford only mentioned replacement wheels to me when inquired but sometimes you have to know exactly what to ask for yourself, especially with a new product line. Now I do.

Re. a generic bolt on:
I've been looking for generic ones but have yet to find one that I'm confident will fit over the axle. If those dealers respond to my inquiries and I find one, I'll certainly post it so it's here for other's who make the same mistake.

Thanks all !!
Not sure if you saw my reply but the black diamond steelies come with exactly what you are looking for.

OP
OP

Murph_PEI

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes I did. A huge Thank you.
That is exactly why I said, "Now I know what to ask for."

Sponsored

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Are there center caps (not just the logo piece) to fit open center wheels? 76809961-5B77-4FCA-A545-4E7C3FBE19E6

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands