Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Before I left for a deployment I dropped off my Bronco with Armadillo Designs so they could make Instagram Videos with it. But mostly so they could test out their Aluminum hard top! Well I’m finally back from my deployment and got some pictures of their mock-up on my Raptor! There were a few spots they have to adjust because of the brace the raptor has on the roof. Other than that it fits and looks great! Obviously there isn’t a window on the back, but I was able to play with one on the shop floor and it was much bigger than it looks in their pictures (so to speak). The interior sound deadening was a 1/2 inch hard foam material that seems like it’ll be good at sound deadening, but won’t hold any Velcro patches. While touring around their shop in Bellville, TX I was blown away with how much they have going on. Seems like they are going to have some super cool stuff coming to the market soon and I’m really looking forward to seeing their finished top in just a few months! If anyone has questions drop them here and I can probably answer them, I’m not sure they if they are on this forum or not. (I’m not paid or endorsed by them, just a fan of their hard top)
Ford Bronco Armadillo Designs Aluminum Hardtop CD027D27-22F2-4C40-BD60-962299D34C61

Ford Bronco Armadillo Designs Aluminum Hardtop 4CB284B1-6E3D-4AA3-9790-9AE8ACA1419B

Ford Bronco Armadillo Designs Aluminum Hardtop 3BD81659-5AE2-47AD-835A-7DEDDB2A07C5

Ford Bronco Armadillo Designs Aluminum Hardtop 920AECBC-D88B-4D9E-B4F4-066D9D137285
Sponsored

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bellville is right down the road from me. never new about them

OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Before I left for a deployment I dropped off my Bronco with Armadillo Designs so they could make Instagram Videos with it. But mostly so they could test out their Aluminum hard top! Well I’m finally back from my deployment and got some pictures of their mock-up on my Raptor! There were a few spots they have to adjust because of the brace the raptor has on the roof. Other than that it fits and looks great! Obviously there isn’t a window on the back, but I was able to play with one on the shop floor and it was much bigger than it looks in their pictures (so to speak). The interior sound deadening was a 1/2 inch hard foam material that seems like it’ll be good at sound deadening, but won’t hold any Velcro patches. While touring around their shop in Bellville, TX I was blown away with how much they have going on. Seems like they are going to have some super cool stuff coming to the market soon and I’m really looking forward to seeing their finished top in just a few months! If anyone has questions drop them here and I can probably answer them, I’m not sure they if they are on this forum or not. (I’m not paid or endorsed by them, just a fan of their hard top)
Ford Bronco Armadillo Designs Aluminum Hardtop 920AECBC-D88B-4D9E-B4F4-066D9D137285

Love the added details and thank you for sharing this!

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Armadillo tops are nice IMO. If I decide to get a hard top, that is the direction I will probably go. All of these tops are expensive. Having a aluminum top is IMO a great idea. I have heard people say what about the heat? But cars now have aluminum roofs now.

How is the sound deadening in the top? It seems prices go up a bit when you choose it. Any info on that?

OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The Armadillo tops are nice IMO. If I decide to get a hard top, that is the direction I will probably go. All of these tops are expensive. Having a aluminum top is IMO a great idea. I have heard people say what about the heat? But cars now have aluminum roofs now.

How is the sound deadening in the top? It seems prices go up a bit when you choose it. Any info on that?
They look and feel very sturdy. I found out when I was there that the roof panels will fit in the back of the bronco too which is awesome

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wish the default wasn’t always a slant back.
I really wanted to like them, but even the "square back" is still slant. As Randy Jackson always said "That's a no from me dawg"

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I really wanted to like them, but even the "square back" is still slant. As Randy Jackson always said "That's a no from me dawg"
Yeah I get that. The slant back isn’t for everyone!

OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Update video from armadillo designs! Looks like things are moving along and they are still expecting December for 4 door slant back. 2 door and square-ish back to come soon after.

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope no slant back for me!

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update video from armadillo designs! Looks like things are moving along and they are still expecting December for 4 door slant back. 2 door and square-ish back to come soon after.
Waiting for 2 door top!