First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be interested to see how they package it for shipment. I assume a big A.S.S. crate. lol
Beautiful workmanship, but that thing has to be crazy expensive. I’d guess $10k minimum.

I’d actually be surprised Ford doesn’t release a fixed roof (metal) version of the Bronco in 25 or 26.
Nope. Though it looks really expensive, it is one of the most affordable aftermarket tops on the market as of now. I say it falls right in line to what other offerings are, and you even have a choice of adding things later.

basically depending on what you want with the top, it is 4~7k.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. Though it looks really expensive, it is one of the most affordable aftermarket tops on the market as of now. I say it falls right in line to what other offerings are, and you even have a choice of adding things later.

basically depending on what you want with the top, it is 4~7k.
I would think it should be price-competitive, since it's sheet aluminum (?), which is easier to form and more durable, so no injection molding equipment, difficult production process, lower insurance for later returns due to XYZ problems, etc. This has got to make it easier to manufacturer within reasonable tolerances, as well as last longer. If/when I need to replace my top, I'd be hard pressed not to get one of these.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, huge points for the rain/water channel and care for proper sealing!

Defroster is standard, but they nixed the rear wiper/washer though. Not sure I like that, but guess it’s not a huge deal…
Hey, a wiper delete was the 1st mod I did once the WT arrived. I don't even notice it gone and the window stays clean.

OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hey, a wiper delete was the 1st mod I did once the WT arrived. I don't even notice it gone and the window stays clean.
I have never used my rear wiper and was genuinely considering just getting rid of my rearview mirror. The 37” on the back with the brake light makes the rear visibility non-existent 😂

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Beautiful workmanship, but that thing has to be crazy expensive. I’d guess $10k minimum.

I’d actually be surprised Ford doesn’t release a fixed roof (metal) version of the Bronco in 25 or 26.
Fixed roof/panoramic moon roof would be great.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A good update video from Armadillo Designs! Their story on IG has some more updates too
I like what I see, except one quibble: Having a straight back instead of the slant only as an option would be nice (2dr). Not a deal breaker if I did get one, but the one thing I'm meh about. Still the best looking top without being able to see any of the aftermarket options so far.

Is that guy wearing a red Havok shirt? Literally just noticed we have a Havok storefront in Denton right by me. Not even sure what they do, but they have a big ol' buggy sitting out front.

OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I like what I see, except one quibble: Having a straight back instead of the slant only as an option would be nice (2dr). Not a deal breaker if I did get one, but the one thing I'm meh about. Still the best looking top without being able to see any of the aftermarket options so far.

Is that guy wearing a red Havok shirt? Literally just noticed we have a Havok storefront in Denton right by me. Not even sure what they do, but they have a big ol' buggy sitting out front.
Yeah I see what you’re saying. I think the 2 door “slant back” is as square as they could go for the two door. It’s not at slanted as the 4-door slant and not as square and the 4-door square, so in between.

For comparison:
4-Door Slant Back: 40 degrees
4-Door Square Back: 10 degrees
2-Door Slant Back: 20 degrees

I think he’s wearing a Velox Off-road shirt, which works out of the same shop.

PolarVortex

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Black Diamond, Craftsman tractor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Their website shows $4895 for the regular 4 dr square back in plain aluminum, no liner. If you want black or white, add liner etc, it goes up into the $7k range, and shipping in fourth quarter of this year. Not too bad I'd say.

Sponsored

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From what I was told in communication with them, it will come on a pallet. The pieces will be separated, and you assemble them together on your RIG.

It is a MOD design, not exactly like the MIC top, but it has a back, middle, and front section. So I guess that is the way it will come.
Please keep us updated.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, I am loving the new design. It's coming along nicely. Subtle changes that I feel will make a big difference and improve the quality overall. I really like how they redesigned the front.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh, I am loving the new design. It's coming along nicely. Subtle changes that I feel will make a big difference and improve the quality overall. I really like how they redesigned the front.
It definitely looks more refined. Looking forward to seeing how the updated design flows now with the removable roof panels in place. They addressed the front to help with sealing and airflow, but I'd like to see them make a smoother transition on the sides as well so they don't look as much like a couple squares sitting on top. The sides should slope upward similar to the front so they look more integrated. From the renderings, it only looked like they were addressing the front though...

BroncoBill44

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No comment
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took the plunge today and ordered the 4 door square back. The more I look at this and its uniqueness, I was more excited about it. The team has been great communicating to me with questions etc and any concerns I had. Super excited and hope to have mine early next year. The slant back will be shipped out first and hopefully soon after the square back models.

OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model