Sponsored

Attaching MY22 White Hard Top to MY21 Bronco?

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, I tried the search feature and may have missed something, so forgive me if I'm asking a question that's already been answered.
I'm still not sure what the build timeline will be for the MY21 Badlands I've ordered. My timestamp is early-ish, but it may end up being a '22 build with the Lux and 2.7 engine I'd like. But if it does end up being allocated for this year, I think I'd like to order with a soft top and hold out to purchase one of the white hard tops separately from parts dept. next year. Does anyone here know for sure yet if any changes might be planned for the way the roof installs from MY21-22? If it sounds like Ford will be making a change with regards to that, I may opt for just the regular MIC hard top this year and nix the soft top. Thanks in advance, and apologies if this is a repeat question that's already been gone over (tough to keep track of all the great discussions on this site!)
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good question but no one knows at this time. 3 thoughts:

1. likely any new roof wI’ll fit the MY21 Bronco. It would be a major bad decision to make 22 and beyond roofs not fit the 21s. Plus, all the engineering and testing with government is done with this current roof type/configuration so they likely must keep this roof but may change the bolt pattern or way the rack fits but the roof likely will stay the same.

2. Although ford is saying the white roof will be available in MY22, I highly doubt you will be able to buy one from parts until mid 23 at the earliest as any roofs made will go directly to Bronco being built on the line and they won’t have extras to sell until they have ample supply, which will be in mid 23.

3. The white roof will cost about $4k through parts I’m guessing.

just my 2 cents.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I elected to go '22 because of the white top but haven't heard/read anything that said '22 will be a different top. There was something about the rack mounting points so maybe that's the confusion. Anyrate, if you stay soft top you won't get the pigtail for the chmsl and wiper connections if you plan to go HT later then at least order the MIC now or elect to go '22 and get the white HT and be done with it.

Last edited:

CORick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Diesel, Audi S4 Cabrio, Buick Enclave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft top doesn't come with connections for rear wiper and what-not
If you had ordered a hard top '21, and then later switched to soft; ford provided a prep kit for the hard top...from my monroney...SOFT TOP, CLOTH W/PREP KIT. What they didn't tell me was it was...for discussion, a 2K option to buy with the bronco, and 4-5K through parts...that's what's annoying for me...and the aftermarket white top is closer to 9K. I did try to get my info from the dealer...but all they could tell me is that they had no idea what pricing would be for a parts dept. hardtop.

Only other thing I had overlooked was I wish I had paid more attention to when I ordered was the power ratings between the 4 and the 6...at this point I wish I had ordered the 4 with a manual trans...It's crying for a manual transmission. Otherwise love my Bronco!
Sponsored