Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Infiniti G37S, 20 Subaru Crosstrek, 21 Jeep JT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all. I won't repeat the experience in my review as all of that was described in previous posts. I have a Badlands Sasquatch 4dr on reserve that will likely be pushed to 2023. Having learned that, I decided to pull the trigger on a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave and keep my Bronco reservation and went to Austin hoping that the Bronco would convince me to trade in the Gladiator once my build has arrived. I've never had any formal 4 wheeling experience but after going through the trails, all the obstacles, learning the tech, and capabilities of the bronco, I am convinced that this thing is a cheat code on 4 wheels when it comes to off-roading. I was only even in a basesquatch 2 door and it handled the trail like a champ. Granted that I wasn't on the Rubicon trail or anything, but the whole experience had me thinking of ways to keep both the jeep and bronco. I have yet to take the Gladiator to the dunes or any higher-speed trails that highlight its capabilities, but I didn't think I would have this much fun going less than 10 mph. The staff was great, and I learned TONS with what these vehicles can do.

Ford Bronco Austin, TX experience basesquatch
Sponsored

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad to hear you had a good experience too! I went there this past Sunday, and it made me realize how damn capable these Broncos are!! Lockers and 35”s will get you anywhere. And underbody armor alleviates the worries of small scrapes and rubs. And yes the staff is awesome and very informative (John and Mia I believe). That reminds me, I need to give them a 5 star google review. I’m an off-road noob too, and what they taught seemed to be very intuitive. Most importantly the Bronco I was in (4dr BL soft squatch mid) and the staff gave me the confidence to tackle off-road obstacles! It also solidified my order as 35”s and lockers are the most important tools needed off-road. The soft top was much nicer than expected and will easily get me by for a couple years and I don’t need anything in the high or lux packages. While the sway-bar disconnected made the ride smoother, it isn’t necessary and IMO not worth the $3k to move up from a BD squatch to a BL squatch. (Most of my time was done with the stabar connected). My only complaint about the Broncos is the sound system (its much worse than my enconobox vw rabbit), but I’m sure I can upgrade that aftermarket for drastically less than moving up from BD mid to BL lux ($7k!!)

Fingers crossed my 8/22/20 soft top squatch res gets picked for scheduling this Thursday!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SkeetzMcGee

SkeetzMcGee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Infiniti G37S, 20 Subaru Crosstrek, 21 Jeep JT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to hear you had a good experience too! I went there this past Sunday, and it made me realize how damn capable these Broncos are!! Lockers and 35”s will get you anywhere. And underbody armor alleviates the worries of small scrapes and rubs. And yes the staff is awesome and very informative (John and Mia I believe). That reminds me, I need to give them a 5 star google review. I’m an off-road noob too, and what they taught seemed to be very intuitive. Most importantly the Bronco I was in (4dr BL soft squatch mid) and the staff gave me the confidence to tackle off-road obstacles! It also solidified my order as 35”s and lockers are the most important tools needed off-road. The soft top was much nicer than expected and will easily get me by for a couple years and I don’t need anything in the high or lux packages. While the sway-bar disconnected made the ride smoother, it isn’t necessary and IMO not worth the $3k to move up from a BD squatch to a BL squatch. (Most of my time was done with the stabar connected). My phone only complaint about the Broncos is the sound system (its much worse than my enconobox vw rabbit), but I’m sure I can upgrade that aftermarket for drastically less than moving up from BD mid to BL lux ($7k!!)

Fingers crossed my 8/22/20 soft top squatch res gets picked for scheduling this Thursday!
Good luck! Yea, I had Cory in my group and he was very knowledgeable. I agree about the sway bar disconnect as I didn't have to face any obstacle that needed at most, either the front or rear lockers, but good to know that it is an option in the toolbelt with these rigs. I did have a good amount of people saying they were going to make some configuration changes after the experience.
Sponsored