Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought some pod lights I want to wire to my Aux switches. I've searched the forum but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Do I just need to wire in the hot to the switch and the ground to the truck? The switches already have fuses correct?
Sponsored

blackh8552

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Obx Sasquatch 2.7 and explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And there’s a bolt actually two blots right above where the aux switch wiring is in the engine compartment that’s where the ground goes and you tap one wire to the hot for the aux switch

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought some pod lights I want to wire to my Aux switches. I've searched the forum but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Do I just need to wire in the hot to the switch and the ground to the truck? The switches already have fuses correct?
You are correct, switches make it pretty simple. The manual says that you shouldn’t use the factory ground points but I’m not sure why, I did.

Be careful with the big one on the passenger side. I pulled the bolt to connect a ground wire and it started arcing some and threw a ton of dash lights. I pulled the neg battery terminal, did the work and re-connected everything with no issues. I didn’t expect there to be current flow through that ground with the ignition off.

I know better than to not disconnect the negative when doing electrical, just got lazy I guess.

OP
OP
Rhino67

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks fellas. I appreciate the advice and I will disconnect the negative as well.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
here's the diagrams. Power leads from each relay are taped in the harness. Last image shows which is where...looks like they spread them out through the vehicle at various points they thought people would use. DEFINITELY not intended to wire direct to the switches...they did alot of work for ya!

Ford Bronco Aux switch install question upfit1di

Ford Bronco Aux switch install question upfit2di

Ford Bronco Aux switch install question upfit3di

Ford Bronco Aux switch install question upfit4di

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rhino67

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
here's the diagrams. Power leads from each relay are taped in the harness. Last image shows which is where...looks like they spread them out through the vehicle at various points they thought people would use

Awesome. Thank you

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting that diagram doesn’t jive with the manual (page 456) on current ratings for the switches. For example Aux 1 per the manual is 30A, the above shows it as 25A.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting that diagram doesn’t jive with the manual (page 456) on current ratings for the switches. For example Aux 1 per the manual is 30A, the above shows it as 25A.
The relays are all the same, I'm sure you could use whatever fuse you wanted, but 30A? The thing already has a cooling fan and a blower motor...what could you possibly need 30A for?
Sponsored