Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aux beams. I have them. Hook it up to the battery and use a tester to see what color wires do what from the switch. The red wire to the switch is hot. Cut it off and tape off. Cut the switch off and Hook the other two wires to whatever aux wires at the cowel you want to use.
Does this help?

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dumb electrical question, aux switches. IMG_0551
Ford Bronco Dumb electrical question, aux switches. IMG_0550

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And my smartass answer… Ask your Left brain. Lol

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aux beams. I have them. Hook it up to the battery and use a tester to see what color wires do what from the switch. The red wire to the switch is hot. Cut it off and tape off. Cut the switch off and Hook the other two wires to whatever aux wires at the cowel you want to use.
Does this help?
I work on radios and telecom for a small cities police and fire departments. The Pd runs mostly Tahoe police interceptors. They have a factory installed auxiliary battery and DC system for all the cop stuff. Lights. Laptop . Radio. Sirens and all the cop stuff comes off of a cool fused and breakered DC system. NOTHING is connected to the vehicle system. That's the way to do it. All the truck does is charges the auxiliary battery.
Paul

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I work on radios and telecom for a small cities police and fire departments. The Pd runs mostly Tahoe police interceptors. They have a factory installed auxiliary battery and DC system for all the cop stuff. Lights. Laptop . Radio. Sirens and all the cop stuff comes off of a cool fused and breakered DC system. NOTHING is connected to the vehicle system. That's the way to do it. All the truck does is charges the auxiliary battery.
Paul
All of it is installed in the area on drivers side rear fender area. None of the Cop equipment connects under the hood or to any vehicle fuse blocks.
Paul

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All of it is installed in the area on drivers side rear fender area. None of the Cop equipment connects under the hood or to any vehicle fuse blocks.
Paul
So you’re saying we should all install completely separate auxiliary batteries and systems on our Broncos to run a few extra LED lights? 🤣

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So you’re saying we should all install completely separate auxiliary batteries and systems on our Broncos to run a few extra LED lights? 🤣
When you’re spending other people’s money it’s easy to be frivolous
Sponsored