Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Obx SaS/2021 Bronco sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do NOT have aux switches. I have a 2022 Obx with sas and lux. I have 9 capped wires under the hood. Someone said the y do not go anywhere. But the have to go somewhere. After all there is another end to them. Any Ideas? All searching ends up at Aux switches.
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do NOT have aux switches. I have a 2022 Obx with sas and lux. I have 9 capped wires under the hood. Someone said the y do not go anywhere. But the have to go somewhere. After all there is another end to them. Any Ideas? All searching ends up at Aux switches.
Pretty sure Ford ran the wires on both those with and without the AUX switches. That said you if you wanted to add the aux switches you need the switch panel, new fuse box, and main harness.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are pre ran wires independent of having aux switches. You might not have aux switches but you have these 5 wires.
Ford Bronco Not Aux switches 1694015299217
So in theory I should find the other end at the locations shown on the diagram. The glove box seems the easiest to possibly find. I'll have to take a look this weekend. Thanks.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pretty sure Ford ran the wires on both those with and without the AUX switches. That said you if you wanted to add the aux switches you need the switch panel, new fuse box, and main harness.
I've seen the posts about adding the aux switches. To costly for me. And I am not sure on the patience level to do it.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've seen the posts about adding the aux switches. To costly for me. And I am not sure on the patience level to do it.
Middleton Motorsports will do it for 899 right now. You’ll just need to drive up north a little.

You might have met them when you were up at the Bronco event in the Dells.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Middleton Motorsports will do it for 899 right now. You’ll just need to drive up north a little.

You might have met them when you were up at the Bronco event in the Dells.
Parts and Labor? Installed? I did the ride with them.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Based on the price it seemed about right. But you never know. They could have been getting a good deal on pricing. And for all we know it's a quick and easy job lol. It didn't look to terrible in the videos just tedious.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
I researched adding the OEM aux switches since mine came without them (the only option I ordered). AS mentioned you need the harness, switch/console, and a new fusebox for $900. At the time the fusebox was not available. The install looked fairly easy. I decided to just go with an aftermarket controller for $299.00. I was only going to add a coupe of items anyway so this was the easiest path for me.

IMG_3713 3.JPG

IMG_3714 3.JPG

IMG_3715 3.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I researched adding the OEM aux switches since mine came without them (the only option I ordered). AS mentioned you need the harness, switch/console, and a new fusebox for $900. At the time the fusebox was not available. The install looked fairly easy. I decided to just go with an aftermarket controller for $299.00. I was only going to add a coupe of items anyway so this was the easiest path for me.

Ford Bronco Not Aux switches IMG_3715 3.JPG

That's probably where i'll end up. I had an auxbeam before and liked it.

kmntc4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4-Door 2.3L 7-Spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SPOD, AuxBeam, several have some good options for adding switch panels that have just a single cable for switch controls and the actual distribution panel elsewhere. There was one that had a bracket that mounts where the Aux switches would go for those that dont have the Aux switches.

I just bought a Garmin PowerSwitch to experiment with and so far I like it. Controlled and programmed with smart phone / tablet and works with Carplay and Android Auto.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SPOD, AuxBeam, several have some good options for adding switch panels that have just a single cable for switch controls and the actual distribution panel elsewhere. There was one that had a bracket that mounts where the Aux switches would go for those that dont have the Aux switches.

I just bought a Garmin PowerSwitch to experiment with and so far I like it. Controlled and programmed with smart phone / tablet and works with Carplay and Android Auto.
I had the Auxbeam on my last vehicle. I am giving the Mictunning a try. They have more options and cost less.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

What accessories are connected to the Garmin, and any issues?

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is easy. Mine didn’t come with aux switches either. I’m glad though. It gave me some options. I used the trigger controller wireless system. It was easy to install. I opted for 4 switches but I can easily go to 6 or 8 if I need.
I added the switches inside the sunglass case for a bit of James Bond fun.
https://triggercontroller.com/trigger-controller-4-plus/

Here’s a link to the video demo I made: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0293oh_vRDbqqO31IL6ViBlSg
Sponsored