First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, Shelby GT500, VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for pics, for switches at the bottom, why you didn't integrate with the factory? Is it because there no aftermarket swap out?
Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

But what does the "fuck off" button do? :unsure:
Typically turn on rear facing spot/flood lights. Good for people who don't know how to dim their lights or have LEDs in their factory housings....

Joshua_D_44

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I may be about to sound dumb, but these aux switches are different from the switches shown on the top of the dash, correct?

OP
OP
VelocityBronco

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be about to sound dumb, but these aux switches are different from the switches shown on the top of the dash, correct?
Yes, comes standard on Badlands, but optional on others. There are 6 switches overhead between the visors. They are prewired to a box under the hood for easily hooking up lights and accessories.
Ones on top of dash are the "Hero" buttons for lockers, turn assist, traction control...

Sponsored

Joshua_D_44

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, comes standard on Badlands, but optional on others. There are 6 switches overhead between the visors. They are prewired to a box under the hood for easily hooking up lights and accessories.
Ones on top of dash are the "Hero" buttons for lockers, turn assist, traction control...
Gotcha. That’s what I thought, but wanted to make sure I wasn’t confusing myself. Thank you. ??

jimmycarter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

those auxiliary switches are the same ones used on the SD trucks and the Raptors for 10+ years. No one makes labels for them. Some guys just make their own stick on labels (see below) BUT no one makes them and sells them. Maybe I should? :)

Ford Bronco AUX Switch Labels? 1E39441D-3736-4DA6-9DDC-64F280EC547F
I dont know what Aux4 is connected to, but I hope its one of the 200 accessories being offered

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, for your inputs. This is the information I'm looking. Our design will have the look and feel of switches in cockpit of a airplane. Our design will be a derivative of our high end (industrial applications). We might even looking into a back light panel integrate with our new switches. This will be later because we need to get our hands on the the new Bronco.
Lighting for an add-on switch has always been a trick in my Toyota. Most are unlit, or offer no lighting behind the words. The best of all worlds is to have a limited character set that is backlit so you can locate it easily in all conditions. But then you also need an activation light of some kind to indicate the accessory is activated (and unlit means it's deactivated). I'm hopeful that photos of the under-the-hood electrical gets released eventually, whether it be a standalone bus for all the aux hookups or whatever. If it's factory-built, there must be a hookup box under the hood that is prewired through the firewall to the AUX switch panel in the cabin. Pos/Neg terminals with a number, bang. Should be super easy if they do it right. Then the hard part is yours ;) -- figuring out how to swap switches.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Typically turn on rear facing spot/flood lights. Good for people who don't know how to dim their lights or have LEDs in their factory housings....
I have a rear FU light on my FJ, too. I have it marked on a switch as "GATLING GUN" while my fogs are "NUCLEAR REACTOR" and my front spots are "MACHINE GUN." This is why so many people love personalizing these switches.

Colt

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, Shelby GT500, VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lighting for an add-on switch has always been a trick in my Toyota. Most are unlit, or offer no lighting behind the words. The best of all worlds is to have a limited character set that is backlit so you can locate it easily in all conditions. But then you also need an activation light of some kind to indicate the accessory is activated (and unlit means it's deactivated). I'm hopeful that photos of the under-the-hood electrical gets released eventually, whether it be a standalone bus for all the aux hookups or whatever. If it's factory-built, there must be a hookup box under the hood that is prewired through the firewall to the AUX switch panel in the cabin. Pos/Neg terminals with a number, bang. Should be super easy if they do it right. Then the hard part is yours ;) -- figuring out how to swap switches.
I thinking our design will be 2PDT maybe 4PDT. This will eliminate multiple switches. Of course you can hook up for one circuit. This eliminate clutter of switches. Yes, it will be back light and no hot spot on display. The legend will be interchangeable.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My company is developing a lighted electro-mechanical switches. The switch is design for rubberized applications - UV, IP65, glare management in the display. We can do any colors or make any legends on the display. The design we are developing is for industrial applications. I think we can adapt for aftermarket if there is enough demand. Of course, we will send out some samples to lucky few people on this forums to validate.
Im in!
Sponsored