First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered these side steps at the cost of $888.09 after tax and shipping. They arrived damaged, missing hardware, with no directions. When I called 4wheelparts they said they could send me a new set, but after my experience, along with reading another review, I didn't want to go that route.

I asked if they would be willing to compensate me for the damaged product if I were willing to either live with the damage or repaint them myself. They said they could offer me $75 off.... 8.4% of what I paid. I said that wasn't enough for my time and effort to which they offered $100 off.... I said no just refund me and they gave me two options:

Option 1:

They refund me in 5-7 days, but the parts may not be picked up for 2-3 weeks.

Option 2:

They pick the parts up in 2-3 days, then I have to wait 2-3 weeks for a refund.

Terrible customer service (poor options). I for sure didn't want these laying around for 2-3 weeks outside my garage while I wait for them to come pick them up. I asked for 20% off and hardware, they declined so now I want to let everyone else know to order from them cautiously.

I also wasn't a fan of how they would have mounted to the thin metal on the underside with only one bolt going into the actual frame. These are $300-500 side steps at best.

See pics below (there were places like these on all sides):

Ford Bronco Avoid 4wheelparts:  2 door bronco side steps poor experience IMG_20220208_002131
Ford Bronco Avoid 4wheelparts:  2 door bronco side steps poor experience IMG_20220208_105043
Ford Bronco Avoid 4wheelparts:  2 door bronco side steps poor experience IMG_20220208_104136
Ford Bronco Avoid 4wheelparts:  2 door bronco side steps poor experience IMG_20220208_105027
Ford Bronco Avoid 4wheelparts:  2 door bronco side steps poor experience IMG_20220208_105215
Sponsored

Last edited:

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shit, I'd take the $75 with the promise of sending hardware and Instructions, and just blast it with some bed liner paint. You're gonna need that paint for touchups anyhoo. Freight is a mess nowadays, to where you can almost be considered lucky to even receive shit.

OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Shit, I'd take the $75 with the promise of sending hardware and Instructions, and just blast it with some bed liner paint. You're gonna need that paint for touchups anyhoo. Freight is a mess nowadays, to where you can almost be considered lucky to even receive shit.
I considered it, but to be honest I wasn't thrilled with the mounting design. It's also the principle of the whole thing; I didn't buy scratch and dent sale items and if I did I'd expect more than 9% off.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Standard resolution for items arriving damaged is return & replace, or return for $. Sounds like they offered both of these. I donā€™t see any terrible customer service going on here.

ā€œKeep damaged item for significant discountā€ is much less common, usually not even mentioned in official ā€œreturns & exchangesā€ policiesā€¦ And definitely should not be the assumed resolution, given vendors often have options to be made whole for defective or damaged items.

OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Standard resolution for items arriving damaged is return & replace, or return for $. Sounds like they offered both of these. I donā€™t see any terrible customer service going on here.
I thought the offer was a little light. Buy with confidence that they will take care of the issue, just not real thrilled with $75 off or a 2-3 week wait on my refund. It's why I said poor experience, not terrible.

Sponsored

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Avoid 4WP everything. Their products, their stores, literally everything.

Their customer service is garbage, their store employees donā€™t follow up. Their management doesnā€™t follow up. Their upper management doesnā€™t follow up. Theyā€™re trash.

OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Youā€™re mad because they were damaged in shipping and they didnā€™t let you them keep them for free šŸ¤”
I only see one unreasonable party here.
I asked for 20% off. Very reasonable.

OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyway this isn't a debate. I just wanted to post my experience so you pick and choose who you deal with.

If you think I'm wrong, cool. This was simply what happened to me so use it as you like.

No further response from me on the subject.

Thanks

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Terrible customer service. I for sure didn't want these laying around for 2-3 weeks outside my garage while I wait for them to come pick them up. I asked for 20% off and hardware, they declined so now I want to let everyone else know to order from them cautiously.
They offered you a few options including up to $100 off for damages, refund in 5-7 days or refund in a few weeks. How is this terrible customer service again?

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Donā€™t remember if directions came with mine on how to install but if you need directions on how to install something with two brackets already installed, well, I just donā€™t know what to say. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyway this isn't a debate. I just wanted to post my experience so you pick and choose who you deal with.

If you think I'm wrong, cool. This was simply what happened to me so use it as you like.

No further response from me on the subject.

Thanks
Learn this lesson well Grasshopper: ā€œThere is no such thing as just posting your experience.ā€ Everyone here has learned this lesson the hard way. We do, however appreciate your efforts to try to help everyone. :)

Ford Bronco Avoid 4wheelparts:  2 door bronco side steps poor experience 9E69449A-25C3-4904-86BB-D55BE74F56C7

Last edited:

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Being in a business that ships daily I think they offered a fair resolution. Also I always find it odd when people get mad at the shipper when something gets damaged IN TRANSIT. You should be mad at whatever carrier brought it and file a claim with them.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Avoid 4wheelparts:  2 door bronco side steps poor experience 1644341987097
Sponsored