Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a lot of photos out there of the lightshield pro, so either nobody cares or nobody has uploaded photos yet so here goes.

Price: $249.99

AVS has three basic types. Note there are a few more types without lights.
No lights
Marker lights similar to Raptor, but on hood
Pro lights w/ sequential turn signals

I went for the pro after watching a review that showed the non pro model to have a cheap light strip. Having installed the pro, I’m not sure there is any difference.

First step is to apply the light strip to guard with supplied tape. The issue here is the light strip ends have to bend quite a bit to meet the deflector surface. They don’t bend, so you wind up with the ends proud of the deflector. Not great, but I’m hoping it will be ok. If I have to I guess I can silicon the void and redo it all.

Next step is to adhere the deflector. Pretty straightforward, but two people would have been nice to help center and pull the tape liner. I wish the center of the deflector was marked to help out. and the leading edge extended a bit more to help conceal the wires and hood lip.

Wiring was straight forward, but I only hooked up an upfitter switch and ground. I’m not sure about the animated turn signals. There are two 8mm weld nuts above the aux wiring pigtails. I tapped both and used one to bolt a ground distribution block, and the other to terminate a 10ga ground lead to the block. I wrapped the wires in loom and ran it inside the hood to the hinge. A 1” square piece of foam tape is supplied to conceal the wires as they wrap around the leading edge of the hood. The foam immediately fell off.

If anyone is interested I can update with better pictures and videos.
Ford Bronco AVS Lightshield Pro installed FB030EF2-6587-43CC-B560-F28DE52E2994
Ford Bronco AVS Lightshield Pro installed D684588D-10D9-4804-BB03-1D134CE4AD6F
Ford Bronco AVS Lightshield Pro installed 9E081E7C-3794-4D0A-8577-654F30CA832E
Ford Bronco AVS Lightshield Pro installed 246C2A88-07B4-4421-9831-2F5E563F326B
Ford Bronco AVS Lightshield Pro installed 9A063A2D-0316-44AA-8098-2837A0953EEA

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i like it and also like knight rider.

OP
OP
Murph914

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

hack them so they do the kit thing.

Geaux Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info and pictures. Do you like it? Trying to figure out if you’re happy with the looks and quality of this lighted deflector.

Not a lot of photos out there of the lightshield pro, so either nobody cares or nobody has uploaded photos yet so here goes.

No lights

I went for the pro after watching a review that showed the non pro model to have a cheap light strip. Having installed the pro, I’m not sure there is any difference.

First step is to apply the light strip to guard with supplied tape. The issue here is the light strip ends have to bend quite a bit to meet the deflector surface. They don’t bend, so you wind up with the ends proud of the deflector. Not great, but I’m hoping it will be ok. If I have to I guess I can silicon the void and redo it all.

Next step is to adhere the deflector. Pretty straightforward, but two people would have been nice to help center and pull the tape liner. I wish the center of the deflector was marked to help out. and the leading edge extended a bit more to help conceal the wires and hood lip.

Wiring was straight forward, but I only hooked up an upfitter switch and ground. I’m not sure about the animated turn signals. There are two 8mm weld nuts above the aux wiring pigtails. I tapped both and used one to bolt a ground distribution block, and the other to terminate a 10ga ground lead to the block. I wrapped the wires in loom and ran it inside the hood to the hinge. A 1” square piece of foam tape is supplied to conceal the wires as they wrap around the leading edge of the hood. The foam immediately fell off.

Ford Bronco AVS Lightshield Pro installed IMG_5221.MOV

Sponsored
OP
OP
Murph914

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info and pictures. Do you like it? Trying to figure out if you’re happy with the looks and quality of this lighted deflector.
I do, but it does come close to the fast and furious look.

In person it looks cool, and so far all positive reactions. My buddy that usually jumps to bust me on these things said he loved it. I wonder if the directionals would be too much. Time will tell if the knock off supplied 3m will hold up to touchfree carwashes and. New England weather.

I did notice a pretty 20 something girl in the passenger seat of a car on the highway last week. She turned in her seat as she passed me on the highway. I could tell she liked it, but Inwonder what her boyfriend had to say about it!

Jfoster05

Big Bend
First Name
Joanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No lights

Hey Mike, I could really use some help here. Got this installed and have run the wiring where it needs to be. The challenge I’m facing is finding the right wiring harness to actually hook this up. Could you please go into more detail about the wiring.? Thank you!

OP
OP
Murph914

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Mike, I could really use some help here. Got this installed and have run the wiring where it needs to be. The challenge I’m facing is finding the right wiring harness to actually hook this up. Could you please go into more detail about the wiring.? Thank you!
I wired the ground to a distribution blocknear the hoods drivers side hinge. The positive was wired into an upfitter switch for the running light only. So I did not tap into the existing lighting circuit at all. I think I will wire it up properly, and at that time I too will need to find the right place to tap.

It would super simple to use fuse taps, but I doubt that will work. Most likely have to look at a diagram and find the right wire, chase it to a convenient apot and splice into it.

Looks like a great time to try out wagos. i will update here if I find a good way to do it.

Jfoster05

Big Bend
First Name
Joanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you! I'm going to share this with my friend and hopefully we can get this thing to work. The diagrams that you used, were those the same that have been shared on various threads here? Because I found someone who had shared pics. We were able to identify what the diagrams were for, but realized that they weren't useful to hook up the LED bar.

Sponsored

Jfoster05

Big Bend
First Name
Joanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you! I'm going to share this with my friend and hopefully we can get this thing to work. The diagrams that you used, were those the same that have been shared on various threads here? Because I found someone who had shared pics. We were able to identify what the diagrams were for, but realized that they weren't useful to hook up the LED bar.
Also, do you know where the headlight wire harness is located? We couldn't find the damn thing. Maybe you have a pic you can share?

Jfoster05

Big Bend
First Name
Joanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wired the ground to a distribution blocknear the hoods drivers side hinge. The positive was wired into an upfitter switch for the running light only. So I did not tap into the existing lighting circuit at all. I think I will wire it up properly, and at that time I too will need to find the right place to tap.

It would super simple to use fuse taps, but I doubt that will work. Most likely have to look at a diagram and find the right wire, chase it to a convenient apot and splice into it.

Looks like a great time to try out wagos. i will update here if I find a good way to do it.
Hi Mike, just wanted to follow up on this and noticing I didn’t tag you in this. Could you share more info on where the headlight wire harness is located? We couldn't find the damn thing. Maybe you have a pic you can share?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Jfoster05 You may have some luck perusing the other threads on this product. Just look below at the Similar Threads. There are 2 different threads with close to 30 replies on each thread. Not sure how helpful they are, but are worth perusing.

Jfoster05

Big Bend
First Name
Joanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Jfoster05 You may have some luck perusing the other threads on this product. Just look below at the Similar Threads. There are 2 different threads with close to 30 replies on each thread. Not sure how helpful they are, but are worth perusing.
Thank you!!

OP
OP
Murph914

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!!
I never did find the headlight wires. I just used ground and one of the aux wires, so it is on when the car is running and the switch is on.
Ford Bronco AVS Lightshield Pro installed 6B469F55-66B1-4C3C-9410-ACF9995D9374
Sponsored