First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nissan Armada Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did you end up getting your feed for turn signals, and do you have any pictures?
I tapped into the wires for the parking and signal lights in the headlamp wiring harness. You have to tap each side for the signal lights, but only driver side for the parking. I was hoping to trace all of the wiring back the fuse box and tap in there somewhere, but that proved to be too complicated. I accessed the headlamp wiring harnesses through the wheel wells, as explained by some others on the forum. Much easier than taking off the front.

sorry. No pics

OP
OP

Jaymanire

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tapped into the wires for the parking and signal lights in the headlamp wiring harness. You have to tap each side for the signal lights, but only driver side for the parking. I was hoping to trace all of the wiring back the fuse box and tap in there somewhere, but that proved to be too complicated. I accessed the headlamp wiring harnesses through the wheel wells, as explained by some others on the forum. Much easier than taking off the front.

sorry. No pics
Also, I concealed everything with wire wrap.
https://www.harborfreight.com/3-8-e...hqBubPkseqKszHq17aO1hBUr74GIOQR4aAq6sEALw_wcB

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the way this looks, thank you for posting a video of the working sequential patterns. The product page for this could definitely use a video demo of that in action.

Any impressions after using it for a while? Experiencing any hood "flutter" at higher speeds? Any reliability concerns?

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm wondering if these can function without tapping the turn signals? I'm not feeling the turn signal. I just like the look of the parking lights and hazard.

Sponsored

RickDeckard

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

sorry. No pics
Looks great. I'm considering it myself. How did you know which wires to tap into?

OP
OP

Jaymanire

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the way this looks, thank you for posting a video of the working sequential patterns. The product page for this could definitely use a video demo of that in action.

Any impressions after using it for a while? Experiencing any hood "flutter" at higher speeds? Any reliability concerns?
I haven’t had any real negative experience with it. Hood flutter is minimal, but honestly the flutter could have been there before and I just did not notice it. For what it’s worth, I’ve not had any rocks hit my windshield since installing it. My only complaint is the light bar needs to be bent on each end a little more in order to conform to deflector. I will have to get some gorilla glue or other adhesive to hold it down better.

OP
OP

Jaymanire

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm wondering if these can function without tapping the turn signals? I'm not feeling the turn signal. I just like the look of the parking lights and hazard.
Yes, it will work with parking light only if you only tap that wire and not the others. However, the hazard light will not work unless you tap the turn signal wires. Personally, I think the turn signals are coolest thing about it, but to each there own.

RickDeckard

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone have experience installing the AVS Aeroskin Lightshield Pro Hood Shield? Specifically, looking for guidance on how to connect the light bar to the parking and signal lights. Is there way to do it via the fuse box? I really do not want to pop off the grill and headlamp assembly to tap the harness wiring, like others have done for the “raptor” grill lights and LED letters from Oracle. Plus, I’m not sure the length of the included wiring will reach back to the front. I also do not want to wire to an auxiliary switch. It should come on with the parking lights and the sequence triggered with the signal lights. What am I missing?

https://www.autoventshade.com/produ...9VAQtUg-14UGF_ATGHpDX9UW9sr9boDcaAlsPEALw_wcB

C91B3387-1881-4220-81F6-11E206D667D6.jpeg

3CDD85A0-26A8-4AAC-87B9-E84BDC2583DA.jpeg

F2AB3709-9128-4FEA-A4A7-C9914D5415E7.jpeg

5BD0DB6D-085A-4EC4-97D9-FAE6A4C4967B.jpeg
Did you figure this out? I bought one and am stuck in the same place.

OP
OP

Jaymanire

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you figure this out? I bought one and am stuck in the same place.
Yes. See video above. You have to tap in the parking light (just one side) and signal wires (both sides) of the headlamp harnesses. Someone previously posted a diagram of the wiring harness in the forum, showing which wires do what.

Sponsored

WilPower

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hood flutter is minimal, but honestly the flutter could have been there before and I just did not notice it.
On my BadSas, I went on a 10-hr roadtrip and I noticed quite a bit of hoodflap to the point of checking it, thinking I left my hood unsecured but it was not. Its not the most aerodynamic vehicle and offroad tires don't help quelling the vibration at 70+ mph so it is normal to see hood flaps. I also saw this on my F150 on road trips so I'm used to it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On my BadSas, I went on a 10-hr roadtrip and I noticed quite a bit of hoodflap to the point of checking it, thinking I left my hood unsecured but it was not. Its not the most aerodynamic vehicle and offroad tires don't help quelling the vibration at 70+ mph so it is normal to see hood flaps. I also saw this on my F150 on road trips so I'm used to it.
Paging @Razorbak86 :cool:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Proper hood adjustment can eliminate flutter. Refer to the following posts for more info…

FWIW, my hood doesn’t flutter, even with gusts and semis passing on the freeway, but I carefully adjusted my hood bump stops, like I do on all my vehicles. Although the hood is fabricated from aluminum, it has honeycomb stiffeners below the skin that increases its rigidity. If your hood is properly anchored in all 5 locations (i.e., 2 front bump stops, 2 rear hinges, 1 front latch), I doubt you will notice any flutter. Conventional wisdom about what is “normal” is not always right.
@Razorbak86 Thanks buddy. Can you post a picture and description of what you did to yours please?
OK, I attached a photo below. In the middle of the photo, next to the hood support rod, is the hood bump stop on the driver’s front corner. There is an another one just like it on the passenger’s front corner. Twist it clockwise or counter-clockwise to adjust it up and down to remove slop in the hood alignment.

You want your hood properly anchored in all 5 locations (i.e., 2 front bump stops, 2 rear hinges, 1 front latch).

FAE5F26E-48AA-4DF0-84C6-C1E062632ED8.jpeg

When the hood is properly anchored, there should be very little movement when you press down on the front corners. The more slop in this adjustment, the easier it will be to close the hood. The less slop in this adjustment, the harder it will be to close the hood.

I’m pretty anal about this, so mine is adjusted with such little slop that I have to drop my hood from about 10” to close it, and then it doesn't move on the corners when pressed down. You may not want to remove that much slop, but that’s the secret to achieveing zero flutter.

WilPower

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Proper hood adjustment can eliminate flutter. Refer to the following posts for more info…
Interesting-- I'm going to fuss with this tonight and raise hell on the freeway to test it out!

Blueoval

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer & 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. See video above. You have to tap in the parking light (just one side) and signal wires (both sides) of the headlamp harnesses. Someone previously posted a diagram of the wiring harness in the forum, showing which wires do what.
@Jaymanire did you tap into the turn out (pin4) or the turn control module(pin2)? I have solid connections and no lights. I used 2,9 and 10. Not super difficult to double check the orientation of the plug plus 9 & 10 are the only ones used in the factor plug in the second row. P

Ford Bronco Hood Deflector with LED lights from AVS Auto Vent Shade - installed pics 4CB03FDB-0413-4B74-B701-D12BE1DF6E63

Ford Bronco Hood Deflector with LED lights from AVS Auto Vent Shade - installed pics 3812CF32-E8CC-4A7A-9214-DA4B065EA0B8
Sponsored

Last edited: