First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Maverick, 84 Mustang GT350, Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are other options, like this clear one. I've been very curious about it, as I don't like the look of the factory option. I've not seen anyone post anything about them.

https://www.jegs.com/i/GT+Styling/4...MIscus-d_PgQMV2szCBB0LUAA4EAQYByABEgLabfD_BwE
I just ordered one directly from GT Styling. 20% off coupon, no tax and free shipping. I’ll post a pic when it gets here and I install it. It’s already on its way, should have it next week
Sponsored

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The first one I put on flew off going 80 in some high winds because I forgot to tell the ppf and ceramic coating company to install until the end, the 2nd one worked much better. I used gorilla adhesive tape, and used clamps with the hood slightly open for 24hrs to help with adhesion. Definitely a good idea to have ppf under it. My only gripe is the water that pools on the corners. Otherwise it cuts down on bugs and rocks and I love how it blends the WT gloss black grille with the gloss black deflector against the white hood.

IMG_1950.JPG

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1943.JPG

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like mine and would recommend it. On any road trips I've taken the amount of bugs on the A pillar crossbar greatly exceeds the amount on the windshield and after a year and 11,000 miles my windshield is still intact even though my wife is a notorious tailgater. If I ever went to remove it (no plans) I would just go slow with some heat and adhesive dissolver. If it damaged the hood, then I would have a reason to get an aftermarket hood!

357705921_10227263977438697_8727754905507371921_n.jpg

TCoupe

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, I had an enormous amount of bug splatter on my windshield from a road trip before I put this on my Bronco. And now I get almost no bugs on the road. It really is functional and looks good. I was a little worried about the prep on the hood damaging the paint, but it's under the aeroskin and if it comes off for any reason, I'll either put it back on (if not damaged) or get another one. I like it!

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After tons of bug splatter and a rock chip on the glass, I installed the AVS AeroSkin II Bug Shield (same as OP) almost 2 weeks ago. I like the look and texture, it matches well with the Bronco. It has drastically cut down on the bug splatter from the country roads/hwy so far and I expect it will help a lot with deflecting potential future chips...

Also note, my OCD chimed in after initial mount and I had to realign one edge ever so slightly. :ROFLMAO: I was able to pry 3/4 of it back up with some plastic trim tools, going very very slowly. This was within 24 hrs of the original application. I replaced a small square of the 3M tape in the corner, where I originated the prying, but it is holding strong since.

I also notice no more hood flutter than before it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First minor road trip... lottsa bugs... put on the deflector.... very few bugs... went on easy, tape held and I'm sure it kicked off a few road rocks over the past 9,100mi. PS... I also put corner guards on all four corners.
Ford Bronco Bug shield hood deflector. IMG_4699

Bsenecal

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger crew cab, '17 Fusion sport, '68 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just a POG to off roading. Minimal mods made. Curious about the bug shield for hood protection. Guy at the dealer mentioned that it has scratch his hood. Pain to remove. Not functional just looks good. Any comments, suggestions appreciated. I know Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Ford Bronco Bug shield hood deflector. IMG_4699
We put one on in an effort to protect the windshield from stones, so far so good, fairly cheap add and it looks on our White OB.
Brian

PA BRaptor

Raptor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I drove a month or two without the deflector and added it for chip protection. Definitely saw a reduction in bugs hitting the windshield after installation. It is attached with 3M tape, there is no way for it to cause scratches unless someone try to pry it off with tools.

IMG_0555.jpg

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That thing DEFINITELY works! I ordered mine when I built my rig online but decided to tell the dealer to not install. Drove the Bronco for 5 months and got tons of bug splatter and even pitted my windshield with small debris/rocks. I was lucky the windshield held up and I didn’t get a crack. I had forgotten I had the deflector in a box in the garage and found it one day. I was gonna sell it but decided to give it a try. It’s been on for about 3 months now and it works great! Definitely a big improvement on both bug splatter and shit hitting the windshield.

I still have the four body armor corners brand new in the box. If anyone is interested, hit me up. I’d be happy to sell them at a discounted price. Cheers!

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove a month or two without the deflector and added it for chip protection. Definitely saw a reduction in bugs hitting the windshield after installation. It is attached with 3M tape, there is no way for it to cause scratches unless someone try to pry it off with tools.
I guarantee there will be scratches when you take it off due to the way the plastic is trimmed around the edges if not addressed before installing. The plastic sticks down past the 3M tape in places and will touch the paint. It's a simple fix with an Xacto but only if you realize the issue before installing.

Sponsored

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guarantee there will be scratches when you take it off due to the way the plastic is trimmed around the edges if not addressed before installing. The plastic sticks down past the 3M tape in places and will touch the paint. It's a simple fix with an Xacto but only if you realize the issue before installing.
And what exactly is the easy fix with a Xacto - trimming the plastic where it is past the 3M tape ?

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I got the aeroskin II from ford accessories. During the install after wiping with the alcohol pad, I wiped it with the surface prep pad. The hood became very sticky instantly and the surface prep pad started disintegrating on the hood with white pieces of the pad stuck on to the hood. So I abandoned the install process and cleaned off the hood. What can I buy equivalent to the surface prep from a local store to redo the install process?

PA BRaptor

Raptor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Pre-fitting showed two places where the black plastic touched the paint. Those were easy to trim back.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I got the aeroskin II from ford accessories. During the install after wiping with the alcohol pad, I wiped it with the surface prep pad. The hood became very sticky instantly and the surface prep pad started disintegrating on the hood with white pieces of the pad stuck on to the hood. So I abandoned the install process and cleaned off the hood. What can I buy equivalent to the surface prep from a local store to redo the install process?
This post appears to have the Ford part number of the adhesion promoter. Other people in this thread with questions should read through this other thread too, lot of good info that's been discussed already.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hood-deflectors-worth-it.63457/post-1757515

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pre-fitting showed two places where the black plastic touched the paint. Those were easy to trim back.
Good to hear. It's an easy fix. Just wanted people to be aware and take a look before installing.
Sponsored