First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badland & 2017 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have all the "trail armor" including the hood deflector. Put it on as soon as I got the Bronco and its been holding for almost a year now. I like it, it seems to keep bugs and trail rocks from hitting the hood or windshield. More importantly it occasionally deflects brush and branches while off-roading. the texture absorbs any scratches and makes them unnoticeable. All in all its a great add-on and seems a lot easier to replace if it gets damaged than having to touch up the hood edge and corners.

334898971_572898464783506_7491415953720318293_n.jpg
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just a POG to off roading. Minimal mods made. Curious about the bug shield for hood protection. Guy at the dealer mentioned that it has scratch his hood. Pain to remove. Not functional just looks good. Any comments, suggestions appreciated. I know Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Ford Bronco Bug shield hood deflector. 334898971_572898464783506_7491415953720318293_n
Got the gloss black from IAG. Super happy with it. Cuts way down on bugs and no windshield chips yet. Got one first week of ownership before installed. Most can't even tell I have it blends right in with Black Bronco. If you have a gloss black grill might look really good.

20230706_144609.jpg

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes it protects the front of the hood from chips. That's pretty obvious.

The primary purpose is to deflect small rocks and bugs from hitting the windshield. It does that very well.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got the gloss black from IAG. Super happy with it. Cuts way down on bugs and no windshield chips yet. Got one first week of ownership before installed. Most can't even tell I have it blends right in with Black Bronco. If you have a gloss black grill might look really good.

20230706_144609.jpg
How would you rate the finish? I contemplated putting one on, but I am still not sold on the look. I also really wondered if the gloss black finish would last.

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was installed at dealership prior to purchase. I can’t swear to effectiveness, but I can say that after 15,000 miles, I still have my windshield.

Jeepbuster1!

Outer Banks
First Name
Bernard Kubat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've found that before you add anything that has the 2 sided tape to prep where it is going to stick to your hood with 3m adhesion promoter.

williamshafer

Black Diamond
First Name
William Shafer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just a POG to off roading. Minimal mods made. Curious about the bug shield for hood protection. Guy at the dealer mentioned that it has scratch his hood. Pain to remove. Not functional just looks good. Any comments, suggestions appreciated. I know Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Ford Bronco Bug shield hood deflector. 20230706_144609
Drove without it for a couple weeks before install. Definitely reduced bug splatter on windshield but doesn't eliminate it. If you drive at night in the summertime you'll have bugs. I've used on two different Broncos for year and a half without a single rock chip. As a note, I work near a quarry and drive behind rock haulers all the time.

BruceEnglish

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed on both my BRaptor and Wildtrak. I did apply PPF to the area from underground graphics before placing it down. The adhesive seems to stick a bit better to the PPF and if I ever wanted to remove it would be easy peasy.

As far as the effectiveness... It DOES cut down on the bugs that make it to the windshield. I cant say much about rocks but my windshield is still in tact.

One thing I noticed is that with my top off passengers in the back seat dont get blasted by as much air. I have had numerous passengers tell me this including the kiddos.
Interesting about the air in the backseat, I've had mine on for a few weeks now and before I put it on I could wear a hat no problem, now I can't, blows right off. This definitely indicates the deflector modified the air flow. Now I can't decide if I would rather be able to wear a hat or protect my windshield....

Packen8

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought the old school screw on one for full edge and width protection. Took 3 months to get 🫤
I didnt want the adhesive style as I didnt want any chance of it flying off if I didnt clean or adhere it properly. It could look better, and the fender corners have a gap for some reason, but removal will be easy and no cleanup.
And I found it on some shady website that had it on sale with a coupon. Total was $28
😳🤣 so I cant complain that it took 3 months. AVS Bugflector II

IMG_1437.jpeg

71686254718__5D99FD3A-037A-42FA-991E-C98BBD916642.jpeg

Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How would you rate the finish? I contemplated putting one on, but I am still not sold on the look. I also really wondered if the gloss black finish would last.
Very good finish. No scratches. And sticks on solid.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting about the air in the backseat, I've had mine on for a few weeks now and before I put it on I could wear a hat no problem, now I can't, blows right off. This definitely indicates the deflector modified the air flow. Now I can't decide if I would rather be able to wear a hat or protect my windshield....
I was trying to find online some actual wind tunnel type tests, showing impact of these sort of bug deflectors on airflow and such. Wasn't able to find much.

Found a youtube video showing airflow around a RAM pickup truck. It's theoretically possible that some small raised area on a leading edge bug deflector could impact the airflow, but would be nice to find some solid supporting data.

Ford Bronco Bug shield hood deflector. 1695999646049

Ed Morris

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have one, as I figured it was worth it just to protect the leading edge of the hood from rock chips. I don't think it does much for bug splatter when driving at highway speed, though. I still get TONS of that, noticeably more than on any other vehicle I've ever owned. I suppose it MIGHT keep some of the smaller bugs from hitting the windshield, but it definitely doesn't keep the bigger ones from doing so, and they're the ones that make the most mess.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've found that before you add anything that has the 2 sided tape to prep where it is going to stick to your hood with 3m adhesion promoter.
The one sold by Ford comes with the adhesion promoter.