Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just a POG to off roading. Minimal mods made. Curious about the bug shield for hood protection. Guy at the dealer mentioned that it has scratch his hood. Pain to remove. Not functional just looks good. Any comments, suggestions appreciated. I know Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

IMG_3724.jpeg
Sponsored

DougF

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a POG to off roading. Minimal mods made. Curious about the bug shield for hood protection. Guy at the dealer mentioned that it has scratch his hood. Pain to remove. Not functional just looks good. Any comments, suggestions appreciated. I know Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

IMG_3724.jpeg
I ordered the corner shields on my BadSquatch. When I picked up my Bronco from the dealer, the bug deflector had also been installed. I dont know if I’d buy it separately, but now that it’s there it looks good and makes the Bronco a little different. Just my two cents.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bug shield hood deflector. IMG_3724
I have had the same hood deflector since the day I took my vehicle off the lot a year and a half ago. Not sure what they mean by scratches the hood, didn't scratch my hood. As far as working, it definitely cuts way down on bugs and I am fairly convinced it helps with very small debris to lift it up over the hood and windshield as well, but really can't prove that one. As far as a pain to take it off, don't know about that either, I never plan to take it off and if it happens to come off I would replace it. I am a big fan as you can tell. Hope this helps.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have this one on my Bronco - One of my first mods.

I love the look of it (which I have never said about a hood deflector before), but it's done a great job in 1.5 years on protecting my windshield from rock chips and significantly cutting down the number of bugs hitting my windshield. I've gotten one rock chip, but it was a pretty big rock.

Plus it has helped protect the front lip of my hood from rock chips.

It was easy to install - Just take your time to properly clean the area and ensure everything is lined up before you press it down.

Ford Bronco Bug shield hood deflector. IMG_3371

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same one, not so much for looks...it does a pretty good job deflecting debris & bugs. I can confirm, if installed properly they are a bitch to remove.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got one and like it. Protects the front of the hood. Bug deflector? Not really sure it does much for that. As for scratching, I mentioned that issue when installing mine. The problem is that the plastic is not trimmed properly and sticks down lower than the double sided tape in places. If you don't address that, it can and will most likely scratch the hood. Simple fix with an xacto knife but you must do before installing. Only going to see the scratches if you remove the defector.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had it a few weeks. The only pain I know if is waiting the 72 hours to cure the glue/tape. It'll definitely stop rocks chips on the front edge of the hood. :whistle: And personally, I wouldn't use that guy's installer.

I bought mine with points; I might one day have been happier with PPF if you ever plan to remove it, you might think about PPF. The paint will fade more uniformly.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought and installed tge Ford oem smoked hood protector and was a little ticked that it does not have any uplifting contours. All it is is basically a 1/4" x4" plastic protector for front edge of hood, which it does. I just thought the back edge would be higher.

Anyway smoked black of AMB you hardly know it's there which begs the question why don't these hood bug deflectors come in colors?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyway smoked black of AMB you hardly know it's there which begs the question why don't these hood bug deflectors come in colors?
Could always have it painted. Probably more of a PITA for Ford to ship them painted and risk getting scratched/damaged. Plus most people probably don't care for a painted one too - At least I wouldn't want it painted, as it would be risk getting chipped from rocks.

It looks good complimenting the fender flares, IMO.

Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the old school screw on one for full edge and width protection. Took 3 months to get 🫤
I didnt want the adhesive style as I didnt want any chance of it flying off if I didnt clean or adhere it properly. It could look better, and the fender corners have a gap for some reason, but removal will be easy and no cleanup.
And I found it on some shady website that had it on sale with a coupon. Total was $28
😳🤣 so I cant complain that it took 3 months. AVS Bugflector II

IMG_1437.jpeg

71686254718__5D99FD3A-037A-42FA-991E-C98BBD916642.jpeg

ebrs929

Big Bend
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got a chip within one month of getting my Bronco last July. We patched it and installed this deflector. We have had numerous hits of other rocks/bugs/ etc through the last 14 months... not one additional chip.
This will definitely help!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco Bug shield hood deflector. 71686254718__5D99FD3A-037A-42FA-991E-C98BBD916642
A few Broncos in my area have the shield, and yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But hey variety is the spice of life.

In terms of deflecting bugs and stuff, I wonder about the effectiveness given the minimal lip. But at least it should protect the leading hood edge from chips. A question would be can water/contaminants collect between the shield and hood over time?

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put a narrow strip of PPF on the front of the hood before you install the deflector and you won't have to worry about it scratching your paint or leaving adhesive residue if you ever decide to take it off
I did this as well. I view these air deflectors as a wear and tear item that will need to be replaced at some point.

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have used them on all Wranglers, now on my Braptor, and ordering one for the wifes new Outerbanks....
Sponsored