David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking at hood/bug deflectors - impressed by the look of the lighted ones - wondering about the actual functionality of IAG or AVS - is one better than the other based on bug splatter reduction? It looks like the IAG is slightly easier install, but if it sucks at what it's supposed to really do, I'll pass and get the Ford OEM one. Any other suggestions for quality lighted deflectors that I might have missed are welcome.
Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered mine through ford with my points and installed it myself, we took a trip from San Diego to Sierra Mesa AZ. Not sure if just lucky but no rock hits and as far as bugs they seemed to hit on top quarter of the windshield and above my line of site so I'm happy with it. My front license plate took a bug beating though 😉

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ne13thdream

Black Diamond
First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 23 VB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never seen love shackles before.... Great now I have "Love Shack" stuck in my head 😅
My 8 year old calls them her earrings! Yes, I had a crack in the first 2 weeks and 3 more before I put the protector on. Haven't gotten a crack since and it's been 6 months! My dad installed it and said the hardest pert was figuring out the lights wiring to get the blinker and flash lights right. He watched a video bc the instructions weren't great!

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the attached the Ford Equipment Installation Guide in this post (and elsewhere here) to sort the wiring out. This is a fantastic document that I keep coming back to for my various installs. I recommend downloading it.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2024-bronco-equipment-install-guide-official.89188/

I also bought this so I could avoid tapping into the factory wiring, which is always advisable when possible:
https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...kers-spv-harness-system-works-w-many-vehicles

It has an additional bonus of providing a pigtail which makes powering backlighting for accessory lighting a breeze. Their entire modular lighting harness system is ingenious and the customer service has been incredible. Couldn’t recommend John and his team enough.

The wind deflector effect is marginal, but I enjoy the look. I grew up watching Night Rider as kid and it always makes me smile when I see the lights dance at startup. Plus anything I can do to improve visibility while driving is always a plus.

Good Luck with your install.

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered mine through ford with my points and installed it myself, we took a trip from San Diego to Sierra Mesa AZ. Not sure if just lucky but no rock hits and as far as bugs they seemed to hit on top quarter of the windshield and above my line of site so I'm happy with it. My front license plate took a bug beating though 😉

Same with mine from Ford. Easy install, functional and looks good

ne13thdream

Black Diamond
First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 23 VB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I used the attached the Ford Equipment Installation Guide in this post (and elsewhere here) to sort the wiring out. This is a fantastic document that I keep coming back to for my various installs. I recommend downloading it.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2024-bronco-equipment-install-guide-official.89188/

I also bought this so I could avoid tapping into the factory wiring, which is always advisable when possible:
https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...kers-spv-harness-system-works-w-many-vehicles

It has an additional bonus of providing a pigtail which makes powering backlighting for accessory lighting a breeze. Their entire modular lighting harness system is ingenious and the customer service has been incredible. Couldn’t recommend John and his team enough.

The wind deflector effect is marginal, but I enjoy the look. I grew up watching Night Rider as kid and it always makes me smile when I see the lights dance at startup. Plus anything I can do to improve visibility while driving is always a plus.

Good Luck with your install.
I want to add the front light up letters so this attachment looks like a great idea!
Sponsored