First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've had it a few weeks. The only pain I know if is waiting the 72 hours to cure the glue/tape. It'll definitely stop rocks chips on the front edge of the hood. :whistle: And personally, I wouldn't use that guy's installer.

I bought mine with points; I might one day have been happier with PPF if you ever plan to remove it, you might think about PPF. The paint will fade more uniformly.
They work. Last 4/hr road trip, had dozens of bug splats on grill, ony one on windshield 🤙🏽
Sponsored

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a POG to off roading. Minimal mods made. Curious about the bug shield for hood protection. Guy at the dealer mentioned that it has scratch his hood. Pain to remove. Not functional just looks good. Any comments, suggestions appreciated. I know Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

IMG_3724.jpeg
I was in dilemma. talked to a guy who had it, spoke good things about it. ordered it from Ford, and it WORKS. glad I bought it.

without it, I had to clean my windshield every time I stopped for gas. now I hardly clean.

it's the best mod for a Bronco.

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

AIG hood deflector gloss black, love the looks, about functionality i already have a chip and it crack my whole windshield in the right side "hard to see in picture" so doesn't work thaaat much but help a bit, helps more in scratches in the front part of the hood.

Ford Bronco Bug shield hood deflector. tec.JPG

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AIG hood deflector gloss black, love the looks, about functionality i already have a chip and it crack my whole windshield in the right side "hard to see in picture" so doesn't work thaaat much but help a bit, helps more in scratches in the front part of the hood.

Ford Bronco Bug shield hood deflector. tec.JPG
Are those LP4's on your middle bumper? How do you like them? I've been thinking about mounting two LP6's in a similar way but wondered if they'd be too large.

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are those LP4's on your middle bumper? How do you like them? I've been thinking about mounting two LP6's in a similar way but wondered if they'd be too large.
they are LP6s, Lp4 does not have the amber dot in the middle.
These Lp6s are very bright, once you have 2 of these you do not need anything else. no light bar on the roof. its enough light. i got them clear because I have the amber cover and the black one in the picture.

about the black cover, i like it because it cammo the lights into the car, most people don't even realize i have 1000usd in light in the front, they just don't see them.

here for the mount

https://swarfworks.com/ford-bronco-front-triple-lp6-light-mount/

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They work. Last 4/hr road trip, had dozens of bug splats on grill, ony one on windshield 🤙🏽
Just put in 2900 miles, Texas to New Mexico to Colorado and back, and I can say it blocks most bug splats to the bottom half of the windshield. The top half definitely still got hit.

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just ordered one directly from GT Styling. 20% off coupon, no tax and free shipping. I’ll post a pic when it gets here and I install it. It’s already on its way, should have it next week
Did you happen to install this yet?

Bobk

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Maverick, 84 Mustang GT350, Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you happen to install this yet?
So, It arrived and the shipping time was great. Unboxing it, the first thing I noticed is that the instructions were quite lame . It said to install under the rubber hood seal. Once I figured out that that wasn’t going to be easy I removed the seal using very long nose hobby needle nose pliers. Once that was removed it went on real easy. I then replaced the hood seal and done. Well it looked ok so I then tried to close the hood and that turned into an epic fail. No matter how hard I slammed it, it just wouldn’t latch.
Trying to contact the company was also an issue. They had an urgent response option but no one got back to me so at the end of the day I had to just remove it. The next day they finally gotback to me and was having one of their techs call. I sent them pics of it installed and so when they did finally get back to me they said maybe it was molded wrong and they are mailing me another. Not sure I’m going to be happy with the replacement.
I’ll repost once it’s here.

Last edited:

Bobk

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Maverick, 84 Mustang GT350, Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, the second one arrived in good shape once again. Again I took off the rubber hood seal to make it easier. Lost two clips down in the engine compartment somewhere. Installing it was fast and easy. This time I tried closing the hood before replacing the hood seal. It took three tries slamming it harder than you should have to but it closed. Replaced the hood seal (ordered another from Ford, clips not sold separately). Slammed the hood and it shut. Leaving it on for now but I think it looks cheap and I’m not thrilled with it.

IMG_0702.jpeg

IMG_0703.jpeg

KozKnowz

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought the old school screw on one for full edge and width protection. Took 3 months to get 🫤
I didnt want the adhesive style as I didnt want any chance of it flying off if I didnt clean or adhere it properly. It could look better, and the fender corners have a gap for some reason, but removal will be easy and no cleanup.
And I found it on some shady website that had it on sale with a coupon. Total was $28
😳🤣 so I cant complain that it took 3 months. AVS Bugflector II

Ford Bronco Bug shield hood deflector. IMG_0703

Ford Bronco Bug shield hood deflector. IMG_0703
Where did you get this specific deflector? I'd prefer something like this!!

KozKnowz

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry to ask another question... but how did it get mounted? Did you have drill into the bottom of the hood or did it use existing holes?
Sponsored