Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi! I am new to the forum and not an audiophile. I have a great sound system in my '07 mustang with the shaker 500 + aftermarket speakers in the doors and a little infinity basslink powered sub. I'm not looking for a top of the line sound system in my bronco, just an upgrade similar to my old mustang. Though I understand the acoustics will never be the same.

I have a 23 Lux/B&O (real amp and sub). I have scanned this forum for more hours than I care to count- including reading all 45 pages of the one detailed write-up. I am, however, still confused. I have already replaced the 3 dash speakers and 2 rear pods. All I want to do now is replace the sub. I understand I can use a Kicker 8" CompR with dual 4-ohm voice coils for the sub if I pry off the beauty ring. I also understand the factory amp is a DSP, and can't be easily replaced? This is above my pay-grade honestly and where I get lost. Can I just purchase the kicker compR and a kicker key 500.1 and nothing else? I'm assuming I also need a kit from plug n play? I have a chat out to them, but obviously won't hear back until Monday.

I want to do this simply and cost effectively, but the more I read the more I am honestly lost. It looks to me that replacing the DSP is a costly project. I also know I'll need some killmat and polyfill. Would it also be beneficial to use a kicker key 200.4 for the front speakers? I've read a lot about people doing this, but seems not so much with the B&O? Someone please help becuase I am SO lost.

TL;DR: wtf do I need to replace the OEM sub? Is an 8" kicker sub and 500.1 kicker key all I need? Plug n play kit too?
Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Honestly it can get as involved as you want. what's your budget?

Im almost $3k and probably got another $1500 to go

OP
OP
resie93

resie93

Outer Banks
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Honestly it can get as involved as you want. what's your budget?

Im almost $3k and probably got another $1500 to go
I mean just to do the sub- would like to keep materials under $500 ish if possible. The kicker key 500.1 and sub itself is $383 at the moment. I will likely pay for install too, so keeping that in mind. I just want the most simple low-key solution for a bit better sub/audio. I realize the killmat and polyfill will help some too.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I mean just to do the sub- would like to keep materials under $500 ish if possible. The kicker key 500.1 and sub itself is $383 at the moment. I will likely pay for install too, so keeping that in mind. I just want the most simple low-key solution for a bit better sub/audio. I realize the killmat and polyfill will help some too.
Im not familiar with kicker but I'm sure products alone are more than $500.

OP
OP
resie93

resie93

Outer Banks
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im not familiar with kicker but I'm sure products alone are more than $500.

The two kicker products are $383, as I said. Just didn't know if that was all I needed and wanted to ask someone who has done it. And I've watched that video, its not for a B&O, just uses the B&O stock enclosure. So it's not the same situation, but appreciate trying to help.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not following something here, if you have a B&O system but want to introduce the Kicker 500.1 amp how will that be integrated into the system? Perhaps a crude MS Paint diagram of what the new circuit flow is going to look like? I'm just not seeing how what you are trying to do will work but, as I said, I'm probably missing something. AFAIK the nature of the B&O system precludes the easy plug & play of just adding in an amp like that but I'm more than willing to be proven wrong and learn something in the process. Good luck and look forward to seeing your results!

Porque No

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Hummer, 2001 Viper, 2011 CTS-V, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I did pretty much what you are thinking about. I upgraded my 4” dash speakers, 6.5” kick panel speakers, increased POD speakers from 4” to 6.5”and upgraded the sub with the kicker comp R and Key 500.1 amp with Plug and Play harness. I’m pretty happy with it as I am not an audiophile and don’t listen to music super loud. I have not tried it with my top off yet so not sure how it will sound in the wind. The one thing you did not mention is a bass volume switch running from the Key amp to dash. Pretty easy to install and not necessary but nice to have.

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The two kicker products are $383, as I said. Just didn't know if that was all I needed and wanted to ask someone who has done it. And I've watched that video, its not for a B&O, just uses the B&O stock enclosure. So it's not the same situation, but appreciate trying to help.
Just buy your Kicker Subwoofer (4ohm Dual Voice Coil) Comp R or Comp RT and then buy the kit from PlugNPlay - 2018 - 2023 FORD WITH B&O PREMIUM SOUND PLUG & PLAY HARNESS KITS – Plug N Play Kits
Sponsored