Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good Morning,
Needing some help as I am not to familiar with this.

If i just replace the factory B&O speakers and upgrade them with other speakers will I achieve a louder sound? Or do I have to install an amp in order to do so? I dont want anything too crazy but with the top down and wind blowing I wouldnt mind some louder tunes. Thank you in advance for the help.
Sponsored

ilostmydrink

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Speakers have a "sensitivity" rating that you should get familiar with. The rating is a measured loudness at one meter given the same input power of 1 watt.

Comparing two speakers, one with a sensitivity of 87 dB will not play as loud as one with a rating of 88 dB. With decibels being logarithmic, large differences in speaker sensitivity will make a difference in your perceived loudness. From what I've seen as factory speaker replacement only you'll not see significant difference in loudness, but you should find real world differences in clarity.

To get top down, wind blowing loudness you will most likely need to add an amp to provide more power to the speakers.

There are several threads on the forum that detail other user's installs and their results.

It is important to understand that the B&O system uses a Digital Signal Processor (DSP) to achieve the sound it does with the speakers that came with the vehicle. For example, the rear pods have a low end DSP rolloff at 300 Hz that, if you replace the speaker and nothing else, will not provide you any more bass upon replacement. Similarly, if you replace a full range speaker with one that is a two way speaker then you might find the sound too bright because the DSP may be boosted in a specific frequency range.

Last edited:
OP
OP

clos.hndz10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speakers have a "sensitivity" rating that you should get familiar with. The rating is a measured loudness at one meter given the same input power.

Comparing two speakers, one with a sensitivity of 87 dB will not play as loud as one with a rating of 88 dB. With decibels being logarithmic, large differences in speaker sensitivity will make a difference in your perceived loudness. From what I've seen as factory speaker replacement only you'll not see significant difference in loudness, but you should find real world differences in clarity.

To get top down, wind blowing loudness you will most likely need to add an amp to provide more power to the speakers.

There are several threads on the forum that detail other user's installs and their results.

It is important to understand that the B&O system uses a Digital Signal Processor (DSP) to achieve the sound it does with the speakers that came with the vehicle. For example, the rear pods have a low end DSP rolloff at 300 Hz that, if you replace the speaker and nothing else, will not provide you any more bass upon replacement. Similarly, if you replace a full range speaker with one that is a two way speaker then you might find the sound too bright.
Thank you very much for the explanation. I went to get some quotes and almost 1,800 for a bit more loudness was a bit too steep for me.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you very much for the explanation. I went to get some quotes and almost 1,800 for a bit more loudness was a bit too steep for me.
From what I've read on the forums, it's pretty easy to swap out the speakers yourself at the cost of just the speakers. I think the hardest part is picking the right ones but many people on here have recommended a few different types that you can go with.
Sponsored