First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4 door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
B&O owners…There are lots of threads about subs, sub choices, sub location, and the annoying sub rattle but nothing I can find seems to be a final solution. Has anyone cured the rattle with the factory speakers? Did the TSB update do it? Is it possible to add only a sub to the tailgate (move it out of side panel) but retain factory amp? Does that stop the rattle? Some final direction would be helpful. I feel like my head is rattling trying to sort through all of the threads. BTW, you guys do fantastic work on your rides!!
Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I've seen, it appears that everyone has a different issue that causes the rattles.

I'd recommend playing something that causes your sub to rattle and feeling around the cargo area to see if pressing on any specific panels reduces the rattle.

For me, I replaced the plastic panel clips with the ones from the TSB, but it still didn't get it where I wanted it to. So I put some sound deadening sheets, sound absorbing foam, and some weatherstripping to absorb some of the vibrations. I also had to put some weatherstripping on the B (or C?) brace's plastic cover as that was causing some buzzing too. Last thing I did was 3D print a cover and screw it into the soft top ready spots on the cargo panels to tighten them down a bit as well.

It's a lot better now, and there are only a few frequencies that come up in my playlists that causes the rattle/buzz at high volumes now.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Many people have just found the mounting bolts loose. Tightening them back up (with a bit of blue loctite for good measure) fixes it for some. (this was what caused my own rattle)

So, there are the clips mentioned in the TSB. I found that using the updated clips the panel was significantly harder to get back off - so be aware of that. (this didn't fix my rattle at all, and made it a giant pain to get the panel back off, but it's done so ...)

Some people have had luck wrapping the sub enclosure / inner surface of the quarter panel in Dynamat. (I did this when I had it apart just because it was there and accessible, and couldn't hurt, but it didn't fix my rattle)

For some, it's not the sub itself rattling, but something nearby - like stuff mounted on a molle panel or tailgate in the back. (I've had this happen before to me as well, but usually easy to figure out - first step in figuring out the rattle is get everything out of the rear end that you possibly can)

I've seen two occurrences of people having a cracked mount on the quarter panel itself and that causing a rattle. So that isn't exactly common but something to look out for

Kinetic

Raptor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just a hack I've found to identify the source of rattles.

Download an audio sweep app to your phone, turn up your stereo to a fairly loud volume and start adjusting the frequency until you hear the rattle you want to eliminate, go to the source and start pressing on pieces and panels until it stops. Once you find the exact spot it is much easier to fix.

Tukten

Badlands
First Name
Tukten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands with Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The TSB fixed it for me (sorta) but… I had already taken it to an audio shop to add dynamat, etc. So, it’s not clear if the new fastener from the TSB fix resolved it alone or if it was the new fastener + the dynamat that fixed it.

Sponsored

AJITO

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dynamat the ENTIRE TRUNK!!!!! Just do it and thank yourself later. Also, B&O system is just terrible for what it is. Replace your subwoofer either with another 8” or mount it to the tailgate in an enclosure. These are tried and true methods that are extensively documented all over the forums.
When in doubt, Google it!

OP
OP
stut1313

stut1313

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4 door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dynamat the ENTIRE TRUNK!!!!! Just do it and thank yourself later. Also, B&O system is just terrible for what it is. Replace your subwoofer either with another 8” or mount it to the tailgate in an enclosure. These are tried and true methods that are extensively documented all over the forums.
When in doubt, Google it!
Thank for the reply. I keep thinking dynamat/TSB/move sub are the best combination. And I did google and search here, it’s not that there was no information, there was entirely too much and no real consensus.

jabrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took mine back to Ford after just 2 weeks. They checked and said it needed a new sub. Taking back tomorrow to have it installed, I will report back afterwards

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did the TSB and still have rattle. Im about to change to the JL stealth box cause I do like the sub being tucked away in the oem spot as to relocation under back seat or on tailgate. I just need the space when I travel. It is too bad cause I purchased the lux package as all the other fords I’ve owned that had the B&O system worked great and this is the one vehicle I’ve had issues with. Ford dealer just tells me “yeah that’s how they all are” I don’t understand cause first 5-6 months it did great and never rattled. I might look into retightening the bolts and adding lock tite but this is a headache and I’m tired of having to mess with it. Want to enjoy my music on the way to work and on the open road. Can’t believe it’s still an ongoing issue this far into 6G.
Sponsored