Sponsored

#Badbatchbroncos who is sticking with it?

Flagstaff

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335ix / NB miata/ ‘60 TR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this new bad batch family has already caused me strife today.

So me trying to find some humor in this deal…I go to my local DMV website and check out a personalized plate availability of “BDBATCH” well it’s available and I chuckle. Then I notice my wife’s registration is overdue by a couple weeks and decide to get it paid….yep you guessed it the system took the personalized plate and put it on her Mazda CX-9….Ugggh.
I explain the situation to her and how I just paid $50 extra for a plate she doesn’t want that she now thinks says bad bitch or references that her family is a bad batch. I am in total panic and now have to wait for a representative from DMV, I explain how this is life and death situation. He laughs and said this for sure qualifies for a elevated response. He then transfers me to a level 2 representative. She says yes it will only take $ to correct the issue. I kindly fork over more $. I then go explain the situation to my wife and she says if the plate comes then it’s her Bronco. Way too stressful. I hope they still send me the BDBTCH plate to hang in the garage.

Edit…photo of plate

32DC67A7-3E88-4EC4-BA75-DBF5BF22F86F.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they already did ship vehicles that don’t meet quality, which is part of the reason for the current mess.
these issues appeared after shipping but I do agree the top should have been caught earlier. Sometimes it takes hundreds of units to expose a flaw

Flagstaff

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335ix / NB miata/ ‘60 TR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do wish Ford would offer the bad batchers an extended warranty, even if it was at cost I would gladly take that offer and feel much better.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wonder how long it will take to clear Dirt Mountain!

It’s not like they’ll be moving down the assembly line!
A pure manual effort!

Random thoughts and numbers (guesses)
Assume 30 minutes for a 2 person crew to swap a hardtop (guesstimate)

2,000 Broncos x 30 minutes = 60,000 min
60,000 mins / 60 = 1,000 hours
1,000 hrs / 40 hrs = 25 weeks

(10)2 person crews
25 weeks / 10 = 2.5 weeks

🤔

Can’t wait until we can all come back on the forum and obsess over the Clearing of Dirt Mountain!!

#BadBatchBroncos Reunion
October 2021
Main event-Clearing of Dirt Mountain!

MAJOR ASSUMPTION IS THAT QUALITY MIC TOPS CAN BE MANUFACTURED
We need someone to put eyes on Webasto, to verify when V2 tops start popping then we can do some maths.

Serious question though: Is Webasto still making bad tops and is Ford still putting them on production Broncos to go wait in the dirt lot?

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We need someone to put eyes on Webasto, to verify when V2 tops start popping then we can do some maths.

Serious question though: Is Webasto still making bad tops and is Ford still putting them on production Broncos to go wait in the dirt lot?
I think this applies to Scheduled Not Built
Ford Bronco #Badbatchbroncos who is sticking with it? BDD35477-DCF6-49D0-9220-85EC53E47F24

307Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mitsubishi Evo MR 2012 Mercedes AMG C63
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

06-28 blend here, built since 06-29. Been an original Bad Batch Dirt Mountain Kid since the get go, I can't abandon my fellow brothers and sisters in misery now! I've wanted a Bronco since 1995, and like others have said, there's nothing else out there now that I'd rather have. I think (hope 🤞 🤞 🤞) my car will get me through the inevitable crap weather we'll have here in WY til I get my Bronco, so I'll stick it out. But I have to say the way they've handled this fiasco has definitely put a damper on my Ford enthusiasm.
Sponsored

Last edited: