Sponsored

#Badbatchbroncos who is sticking with it?

LeeMac

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350/Expedition/Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m still in it. It has been a drain lately and I’ve questioned it myself, but then I ask myself “What else am I going to buy? “ “Would I enjoy that more than a Bronco?” “Is there more value in the other options?. For me I’m here and just going to save more money. As far as getting a 21 at the end of 21 with no rebates. To make myself feel better about it I think about it like this. The prices for the Bronco were out ahead of the car market going crazy. Prices on all used vehicles have risen sharply. I think the vehicles are worth more than we are paying for them and that’s part of the reason Ford hasn’t offered any rebates or incentives on pricing. Maybe I tell myself these things to make myself feel better about sticking with it.
Sponsored

Stojanowski

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess it depends if the wife gets pregnant then we get something with a third row

Sikinboat

First Edition
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Waiting it out on my 1st edition what a joke of a name but 99.9% sure I will keep it a day or two and put it up for sale I’d cancel but don’t want the dealer to make bank off me. Sold my raptor with plans to have this by mid summer since originally they said April delivery start for 1st editions. I’m over it maybe when the warthog/raptor version comes out I’ll think of it again. Sadly probably buying my 1st non ford since 2002. The 392 Jeep will have to get me by till then.

Whotosh

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco,1965 Malibu,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a 7/19 build, 2 door Carb grey Badlands, I've been bombing to work in my 06 Jetta TDI for 6 years, 327,000 turns on it. I even vacuumed it out on the 19th and was going to put a sign on it by the road figuring I could DD my DuraMax for a month to get by, what a bummer, but I'm told everyday "I see the Ford dealer has a bunch of Broncos in I can't imagine you driving one of those". No, sorry those are the Bronco Sports, they could've left those south of the border where they came from. I'm sticking with it until it's in my yard. At least I'm done checking the tracker 10 times a day.

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford's not going to ship a vehicle that doesn't meet quality as if it rolled off the line the same day.
they already did ship vehicles that don’t meet quality, which is part of the reason for the current mess.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s mine, it’s built. I own the VIN(somewhat) I’m holding firm. She will come when she’s ready. Race Red and Fall Foliage!! 🍁🍂🍁🍂
6-28 for Mae Pearl.
#badbatchkid

D06A05DB-0130-4611-BE3A-2C9FD001E215.jpeg
I'm of the mind we might see movement on the Dirt Mountain Broncos by fall also.
That is one of the primary "Dream Cruises" for the Bronco. Hilly So. Indiana, the curvey roads, cool fall weather, fall colors and the top off.
Here's to hope.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess I'm sticking with it. There is no real alternative. I definitely don't want a soft top and with prices high on everything else...

I would maybe consider a trd pro 4runner but not at full price.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude you’re a baller.
To see the hooded man switch his DP to my badge, wow I'm honoured.

"Happy Birthdays" will seem a little less mystical now though 😂

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still processing this.
I just get the overall feeling Ford is taking us for fools. It's a win win for them, those Broncos will sell no matter what. They can afford a few thousand lost customers.

If I'm that displeased with it, I can walk and let the dealer make some big ADM ... or I can flip it myself and make some $$.
A 2021 2dr will be a rare bird some day.

Might as well as wait it out at this point and see what they have to say in September.

I'd deal with an Oct/ Nov delivery, but anything pushing into calendar 2022 ... I will probably move on to a new vehicle, different company, leave Ford behind for awhile.
Probaby a Taco, 4Runner or Chevy truck.
I wonder how long it will take to clear Dirt Mountain!

It’s not like they’ll be moving down the assembly line!
A pure manual effort!

Random thoughts and numbers (guesses)
Assume 30 minutes for a 2 person crew to swap a hardtop (guesstimate)

2,000 Broncos x 30 minutes = 60,000 min
60,000 mins / 60 = 1,000 hours
1,000 hrs / 40 hrs = 25 weeks

(10)2 person crews
25 weeks / 10 = 2.5 weeks

🤔

Can’t wait until we can all come back on the forum and obsess over the Clearing of Dirt Mountain!!

#BadBatchBroncos Reunion
October 2021
Main event-Clearing of Dirt Mountain!

MAJOR ASSUMPTION IS THAT QUALITY MIC TOPS CAN BE MANUFACTURED

Last edited:

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm of the mind we might see movement on the Dirt Mountain Broncos by fall also.
That is one of the primary "Dream Cruises" for the Bronco. Hilly So. Indiana, the curvey roads, cool fall weather, fall colors and the top off.
Here's to hope.
Add that to my list also! Sounds beautiful! I love a road trip.

Flagstaff

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335ix / NB miata/ ‘60 TR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My new adopted family!
I feel like you have been searching for a long time on the interweb to finally find me and bring me home.
I am a bit all over the place about my place on being a bad batch kid. Maybe we should have some garbage pail kid stickers made for each of our builds.
In all reality, it’s something I have wanted for a long time and still want. I guess the only reason I would turn away is if it shows up with any issues or to just in someway to spite Ford, but Ford already doesn’t care and they will have a buyer no matter what. So I guess I just settle in on the sofa and ask my new family for some comforting and turn my Bronco tracker off. Better yet, go take my new matching AMB yeti cooler and fill it with beverages and raise my glass in toast to my new family “the bad batch”. (Picture a scene from The Godfather)
Oh wait I think my tracker just moved…nope, that’s going to be a hard habit to break.

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to name my Bronco Mando..... But now I'm considering naming it BadBatch. Goes with my Star wars theme and will have a story to it.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to name my Bronco Mando..... But now I'm considering naming it BadBatch. Goes with my Star wars theme and will have a story to it.
Bad Beatch.
Sponsored