First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would have loved an AC cobra. Mine is the terminator.
Love your car choices. Having owned an 04 terminator, I doubt you will be able to pull that with a Bronco. They clock in around 3600 lbs. add a trailer and you will be well over 4000. The last thing you ever want to do is even come close to towing something at the limit. It is not the engine and torque. It deals much more with having a big vehicle that can keep it from dancing all over the road. You never want to let the tail wag the dog. Hence why you see most svt cobra/ Shelby gt500 owners pulling their cars with f-250 or even f-350’s. Wish you all the best in your Bronco purchase but wanted to make sure I shared my thoughts having owned one. That being said maybe your car has been stripped to run the 1/4 mile and it’s weight comes in way below stock. Either way I like your car choices.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reserved one as well I am thinking Mid, high, and Sasquatch. Maybe add the six?

Saying that is anyone thinking manual? Feel like I need to drive that first and see if the 4 is enough.

Also, Am I the only one feeling weird buying a car without a test drive? Sorry lots of questions. Looking for feedback.
Saying that is anyone thinking manual? Feel like I need to drive that first and see if the 4 is enough.
Manual or junk it here! Gonna have to figure out my own DIYsquatch and 2.3 tune...I guess the mustang guys are saying 2.3 is no joke...till it goes ecoBOOM! Ready to put a connecting rod through the bottom of a mud hole? Me too!

Lee Woiteshek

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Matrix
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going to try and option out a Badlands to a FE equal. I expect it will end up costing more than the real deal.

Jut

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Subaru Outback, 19 Cherokee Trail Hawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved a Badlands as well. I had a 2015 Rubicon I sank and I'm curious to see how the Bronco does. Im pretty excited.

Coffee.Guy

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Porsche Panamera, Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reserved a 4 door Badlands....then later, also reserved a Wildtrak, which I will likely cancel. Is the roof with 3 removable panels available on the Badlands? It’s gonna be a long way till next April/May.

Sponsored

Pwm317

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2dr Badlands reserved

Would love a manual but with my knee replacements will probably go auto.

Now I just cant wait for mid 2021 to get here!

Reactions: Jut

BootyWizard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Wildtrak | 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey y'all, new to the forum. Pulled the trigger on the 2dr Badlands reservation. Going to be doing the 2.7L, auto, at least high package (maybe lux to get the B&O sound system - love my music). Gonna go with cyber orange, really excited! Not sure whether to pull the trigger on the Sasquatch package since it seems like the only real differences are no beadlock and 2 inch smaller tires vs the 35s. Will see what the pricing is like.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved the 2d Badlands. I want the stick and I did want 35’s but I was on the fence after hearing some mutterings about shortened wheel travel.

does anyone have a source for suspension travel for the badlands vs other trims?

Also like others I wonder if the badlands has the same lift as the Sasquatch.
The preliminary spec sheet shows the BL trim with higher wheel travel than others.
Extra 40mm (1.6") up front and 45mm (1.8") in the rear.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Depending on the price for 'squatch package I may skip it and add my own set of wheels and 35's later. By then there will be aftermarket solutions for the Suspension if more travel/height.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been lurking for a few months I reserved on the first day.

2 door Badland
reason Rubber Floor and Vinyl seat Also Only one you can color hard top and pillars. That was a big deal for me I'm not sure on color yet but I want the option.
Many have talked about the Rubber Floor, I have a 98 jeep Sahara it has removable snap in carpet the way I see it I can alway buy some bronco carpet it whatever color I like and cut it to fit the way I want and can pull it out when I want.

People ask all the time does carpet matter in the my 98 jeep Sahara when its 105deg in the dessert the sand is 135deg sitting still the The floor will get up to 107deg (just metal no rubber flooring) with the carpet it will be mid 90s the hard roof with no insulation will get 125-135deg depending on front and back of the roof this is no insulation. the tented windows will get 125-140deg The inside of the jeep with AC running wide open will stay 80-85deg. yes I have a heat gun. (Keep in mind this is an extreme we are taking dessert and 100+ temp. I personally think the Rubber floor will work fine but I will test and it not add carpet Like I said above.

Mine will be loaded to the max
2.7 auto (I have a few stick shift cars so I want an auto)
Lux
Sasquatch
painted top and pillars
Hard top deadening is a must
Towing package (Little down about this one was hoping for at least 5k towing 7.5k would have been idle. I believe this is 3,500 because of they aren't upgrading the brakes and will have a 35in option)
Keyless entry keypad
If the pic with a factory 2in lift and 37s is real I will be adding this before it leaves the dealership.
Fingers crossed I'll be right at 60K

Still not sure on color Thinking Blue white top and white pillars.

Seen we have a few Mustang fans I have a 93 cobra with a Dart 363 and a T56 its a daily 400hp motor 600hp on nitrous. Also have a 92 GT I drive as my work ride drive it 600miles to work and back every month.

Love the idea of this Bronco have bought a new ride is years been saving for this. Love the idea of having a all around ride great for any type of driving. Drive to work no problem, Day at the lake no problem, Go hit the trails no problem. Again only down side is pulling the boat.

Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread IMG_5376-1

Sponsored

BootyWizard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Wildtrak | 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also Only one you can color hard top and pillars. That was a big deal for me I'm not sure on color yet but I want the option.

Still not sure on color Thinking Blue white top and white pillars.
You make a really good point about the paint. I love the look of cyber orange + black hard top, not really a fan of all orange body and top. But i'm also considering velocity blue + white pillars and hard top to keep that vintage feel. Can't wait for the builder/configurator to come out in August to see how it looks.

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only one you can color hard top and pillars.
I had no idea that was possible. In that case, red top, white pillars, blue body and a ‘MURICA’ personalized plate!

I need to read thread closer to find pillar paint info. If only Badlands I am surprised there are not more threads whining about it.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You make a really good point about the paint. I love the look of cyber orange + black hard top, not really a fan of all orange body and top. But i'm also considering velocity blue + white pillars and hard top to keep that vintage feel. Can't wait for the builder/configurator to come out in August to see how it looks.
I agree thats why I talked about it. (Everyone said they wanted a white top thats how you get it this package)

Click on exterior features and look at optional

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-badlands/

The other option I like that no one has said is the Keyless entry pad. I like that option but its on most if not all models.
Sponsored