Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any best guesses on MPG on the 2.3L with the manual vs the 2.7L 10-speed Auto? With our tiny tanks, I'm hoping not to carry a mass of extra fuel because a 200-300 mile day is nothing in my area without a gas station anywhere in sight. Let's say average off-roading at light to moderate speeds. Not extreme rock crawling and such. More average off-roading to faster open areas. I should say with 33s.
Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any best guesses on MPG on the 2.3L with the manual vs the 2.7L 10-speed Auto? With our tiny tanks, I'm hoping not to carry a mass of extra fuel because a 200-300 mile day is nothing in my area without a gas station anywhere in sight. Let's say average off-roading at light to moderate speeds. Not extreme rock crawling and such. More average off-roading to faster open areas.
Get the 2.3 EcoBoost with the 10-speed auto. It is the same combination used with the current Ford Ranger. It gets 22 mpg combined.

Check this out: https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=42339&id=42179

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get the 2.3 EcoBoost with the 10-speed auto. It is the same combination used with the current Ford Ranger. It gets 22 mpg combined.

Check this out: https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=42339&id=42179
I'd rather go with the manual or bigger motor. Right now as much as I enjoy shifting I'm slightly leaning towards the 2.7L. I think the 310hp and 400lb/tq will be a blast in the Badlands with 33s!

So I see a 2 mpg difference but that's with the F150. I wonder if they'd be much closer on our lighter Broncos? Plus I know some real world tests on the 2.3L came out well below the cafe numbers.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd rather go with the manual or bigger motor. Right now as much as I enjoy shifting I'm slightly leaning towards the 2.7L. I think the 310hp and 400lb/tq will be a blast in the Badlands with 33s!

So I see a 2 mpg difference but that's with the F150. I wonder if they'd be much closer on our lighter Broncos?
I use the f150 as a baseline for more real world MPG that you will get with the 2.7

Sponsored

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a little unsure of what the sasquatch package get you. If it's just the tires/wheels, I'll probably opt to not go with sasquatch, run thr 33s until I need tires, then maybe upgrade to a bigger tire. But it also appears that it might get you "high clearance suspension" anyone have any info on this?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm a little unsure of what the sasquatch package get you. If it's just the tires/wheels, I'll probably opt to not go with sasquatch, run thr 33s until I need tires, then maybe upgrade to a bigger tire. But it also appears that it might get you "high clearance suspension" anyone have any info on this?
Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread 1595846309805

Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread 1595846320691

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I've seen that, but it doesnt seem real clear to me whether the badlands suspension is the same as "high clearance suspension
Yeah, I've seen that, but if you look in the detailed break down on the website, it seems like the standard suspension on the badlands, appears to be the same as the upgraded sasquatch suspension. Trying to figure out what you actually get on a badlands with the sasquatch. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone seen anything about cooled seats as an option on any model? I may just stick with the marine grade vinyl interior but I have to admit I've been spoiled with leather and cooled seats on my last few vehicles. Off-roading on hot, dusty days, it's so nice! C'mon I know deep down some of you are the same lol!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Has anyone seen anything about cooled seats as an option on any model? I may just stick with the marine grade vinyl interior but I have to admit I've been spoiled with leather and cooled seats on my last few vehicles. Off-roading on hot, dusty days, it's so nice! C'mon I know deep down some of you are the same lol!
Yes, I want them as well please, Texas heat and HUMIDITY.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unfortunately it doesn't look like they're an option, which I'm very disappointed in.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately it doesn't look like they're an option, which I'm very disappointed in.
I too wish they were an option as I have them in my f150 and the wife's grand Cherokee. But that doesn't mean I can't figure out how to install them, just prefer not too.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

So I see a 2 mpg difference but that's with the F150. I wonder if they'd be much closer on our lighter Broncos? Plus I know some real world tests on the 2.3L came out well below the cafe numbers.
If I get 18mpg highway going 70-75mph in my '17 F150 with the 3.5EB/10-speed, 6" lift w/ 35" MT tires, I would hope the Bronco Badlands with the 2.7EB/10-speed would get 20+ mpg. Looks like its a 20gallon tank on 4doors so roughly 400 miles. Damn I'm spoiled with my 36-gallon tank on the f150.
Sponsored