Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 35” tires on the WT will help avoid the limousine look. You can rock crawl with a WT, just slightly less capable than a BL
But only due to the lack of sway bar disconnect.
Sponsored

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For me, I won't be rock crawling so no need for BL. Also doesn't hurt that my 5yo son loves the camo seats and I actually don't hate it. Win win?

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

not rock crawling a 60k ride for the first 5 years or so, if needed will add manual disconnect to wildtrak at some point. Will enjoy my sport mode and kick ass exterior styling until that time, also the leather seating is growing on me as well 🙂

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They’re both bad ass. Went BL because of the interior.

Sponsored

BiggieStallz

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For me, I won't be rock crawling so no need for BL. Also doesn't hurt that my 5yo son loves the camo seats and I actually don't hate it. Win win?
Definitely a win win

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dig them as well. Reminds me of my veteran brothers and sisters. No rock crawling for this guy either! 🤙🏼

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interior and tires. If you are getting High and the 2.7L these are the only 2 real differences. I’d add the modular bumper and bash plates to the Wildtrack to be priced equal to the BL (and I want them).

If Ford fixes the Wildtrack interior for MY22 I’ll go that route. As is, I’m going BL. I slightly prefer 33s actually, but love the blackout wheels. With those about a wash, give me MGV over that terrible WT interior.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Slightly off topic from the OP's question, but I think it's relevant in seeking the final answer.

I'm still grappling with this today. I've spec'ed out the WT in cloth (which I think looks so-so, not heinous; the leather color palate is a non-starter for me) but keep going back to how much I loved the MGV when I sat in a BL last month. If there is a trail that requires a BL capability above what the WT can do, I highly doubt I'll be on that trail. And I am sold on Sasquatch and high packages. Seems to me that other than folks who want the rock crawl GOAT mode and the washout floors, a primary differentiator is getting around the WT interior.

So here's my question- what's the aftermarket shaping up so far for quality seat covers? It'd be awesome to get the feel and look of something like the MGV covers even if they needed replacing every so often (like the rubber floor mats I also plan to buy).

Thanks.

PS- not sure what can be done for the dash color but I think it'll be less of an annoyance since, other than paying attention to driving, I'll be all up on the gorgeous 12" display. My 2 cents.

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cheers!
I love the wildtrak but like you, I only plan on doing some basic after market stuff, so I went with the badlands. “Out of the box” it’s got everything I need to go do whatever I want. We are more beach oriented so I was big on the MGV and the washout floors. I really do like the wild trak.

I think you’ll be happy either way and my response might not be extremely helpful, but it’s a +1 for the badlands vote.

write down your must have features and then separate them into the ones you can add after market and cant. Ex: interior color, seat material, etc. while if you like the grille on the BL vs the WT you can always swap for fairly cheap, if not straight up.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my exact dilemma. I prefer the mgv interior of BL but also prefer the black grill, mirror caps, wheels, and bronco emblem of the WT
Which are easier and cheaper to convert to what you want?

KFreakin

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which are easier and cheaper to convert to what you want?
I ended up Badlands. Maybe there’ll be someone who wants to swap out grills. Emblems will be easy and mirror caps and beauty rings shouldn’t be hard to replace

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So many have started with BL or WT and then realized that if you want a higher trim, due to access to the high or lux package, it comes down to interior.

1. Badlands only if a sway bar disconnect is a must have. From the OP’s self description, he will never, ever need that. Less than 1% of buyers actually do.

2. Wildtrak since they dropped the choices of tops and color matched mirrors has become a simple SAS’d OBX with a hood sticker and Baja mode. And Baja mode can be added more easily than even a hood sticker. If you want all the options and like neo-camo seats, it’s the one for you.

3. OBX is the other option. Without SAS, it is the best optioned of the Broncos not built primarily for off road. If you want off road too, it’s as simple as adding SAS. If you want options for aftermarket add-ons, add the modular bumper and aux switches. Add Baja with FORSCAN. It then has everything a WT has except a hood sticker, and everything BL has except sway bar disconnect. In addition, it has two cloth and two leather options, a tube step, color matched handles and mirrors, and IMO a nicer grill.

Sounds like the OP doesn’t need SAS, but either way I actually think OBX is the answer unless he wants vinyl seats or likes the interiors of the others better.

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2007 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I liked the Badlands package so that's what I got. Can't really go wrong with any though depends on the budget.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe someone already mentioned this but I totally despise the plastic rear bumper on the Wildtrack. Badlands wins in so many areas. No brainer.
Sponsored