Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can disagree, but for hard core rock crawling you would be wrong. The SFA is better.
I'm definitely not wrong lol. Like I said it's a matter of cost however. It would take easily $25k on an IFS truck of your choice, to accomplish what a few grand and some 40s on an old rubicon can do. That is mainly because of strength and durability of the components. More moving parts, and far more complicated, which necessitates stronger more expensive materials and more severe changes to the donor vehicles chassis.

I 100% guarantee you, a built IFS suspension like that will do literally anything a solid axle can do. Is it worth the cost? That's debatable, and subjective for that matter. For that 1% of "real rock crawlers" it makes more sense to use a solid axle, I wouldn't argue that, and for 99.99% of off-road vehicles, you'd be right, but you'd be mistaken saying it is better 100% of the time.

And the goat mode doesn’t do magic things with traction control, it locks the axles which will disable traction control.
Ok so my saying "magical things" was just me being lazy and not wanting to type it all out. Yes, it does change more. In short, in addition to the lockers and sway bar, it changes the throttle response, the shift points, the steering feel, and the brake calibration in dealing with wheel spin and torque vectoring (I.e. it disables or changes some aspects of the traction control to do that).
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zenithon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Dodge Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Wildtrack is the Mall Crawler package. Gives the look without the extra functionality (ie Rock Crawl mode, and sway bar disconnect). If you are just doing light 4x4ing its a good way to save some money. But if you watch any of the pro drivers they were all in Badlands or First Editions to get those 2 features.
Really "light 4x4ing"? Not sure if it's intentional or unintentional, but I'm smelling me a troll here. Both of these vehicles are going to be bad ass off road. Like you I picked the Badlands, mainly due to marine grade vinyl seats & rubberized flooring, but think the Wildtrack is cool too. I'm even a little jealous that I won't have Sport mode available for where the majority of my driving will take place, which for most of us will be on paved roads, hopefully on our way to some unpaved ones.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Geez this tread went sideways fast. I think it started out as a simple "how does everyone think of the height/stance appearance difference of these 2 models seem to you" to "your model sucks its not a real rock crawler because blah blah blah".
Maybe we have too much time on our hands waiting for our Broncos?

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very subtle differences. I still like the idea of a Sasquatch with skinny flares.
I have a 4 door badlands ordered and I’m getting 35’s, do you think the badlands fender flares will still look good with 35’s?

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes !!!!!! ........... Mine too !!!!!!!

86C4ADD0-6A3E-4439-97B3-D5D183A6D3C5.jpeg

5A1901BD-14EB-4570-AA82-79B598BC7BE1.jpeg
Is this a badlands with just 35’s added? I think it looks good even with the smaller flares, that’s my plan is to add 35’s on my badlands, will they fit without a lift? Anyone know the details on the sas wheels? Offsets and such.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sasquatch wheels have +30 offset versus +55 on the non Sasquatch. Not sure about the wheel width difference, and don’t have time to find it. There is a lot of info on it if you can sift through the search though.
@Thomas1984

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My two door 2.7 auto, high package Bad Lands in Cyber Orange on optional 33’s is going to look fantastic in the mall parking lot.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, Ford was the first to do this. And here it is, the Overland concept revealed last October. I was there and spoke to the driver and he said it’s fine most of the time but rubs slightly at full turn and probably off road ing at full flex. You can also see how the tires look stuffed in there as it needs bit more lift.

Ford straight out said this was a non squatch badlands with 35s added, except they did add sqautch flares.

2E47299C-027D-4B01-93D4-E9ABBAC7475A.jpeg
There was that A51 overlanding/camping model that they just threw 35s on standard BL suspension and it looked like it had no room in the wheel well and would probably rub
Everyone should be careful with the overland assumptions. That demonstrator was slapped together with the parts they had lying around.

What the Ford people said was that it wasn’t Squatched and that they intended to put a lift in it but ran out of time... they didn’t elaborate whether that meant squatch, some 2” thing, or even just the BL a suspension. I’m not confident it was a BL in anything more than name only.

Besides, how much weight is in and on that thing? That might be why those tires looked so stuffed.

Basically I point to that vehicles as an example of what 315s look on 0 offset wheels... we got reports they rubbed, but we don’t actually know what else is going on under there.
Is this a badlands with just 35’s added? I think it looks good even with the smaller flares, that’s my plan is to add 35’s on my badlands, will they fit without a lift? Anyone know the details on the sas wheels? Offsets and such.
The 35” tires are wider (315) and you need +30 offset wheels for them to clear the upper control arm. BL comes with +55 (closer to the center of the vehicle).

First step of swapping tires is new wheels. I know the first half of this post almost sounds like I’m suggesting 35s will fit no prob on a BL, but what I’m trying to say is, we just don’t know yet what happens when you put 35s on a BL.

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone should be careful with the overland assumptions. That demonstrator was slapped together with the parts they had lying around.

What the Ford people said was that it wasn’t Squatched and that they intended to put a lift in it but ran out of time... they didn’t elaborate whether that meant squatch, some 2” thing, or even just the BL a suspension. I’m not confident it was a BL in anything more than name only.

Besides, how much weight is in and on that thing? That might be why those tires looked so stuffed.

Basically I point to that vehicles as an example of what 315s look on 0 offset wheels... we got reports they rubbed, but we don’t actually know what else is going on under there.

The 35” tires are wider (315) and you need +30 offset wheels for them to clear the upper control arm. BL comes with +55 (closer to the center of the vehicle).

First step of swapping tires is new wheels. I know the first half of this post almost sounds like I’m suggesting 35s will fit no prob on a BL, but what I’m trying to say is, we just don’t know yet what happens when you put 35s on a BL.
I was planning on getting the fifteen52 traverse but they say on there site is zero offset, your saying they may not fit? I attached a pic. I also emailed fifteen52 and they told me the 139.7 is the best fit

0B19E6C5-B7FD-4893-A0EF-E5F27E20BC0A.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whats the difference between the OBX and WT? What makes the WT a "desert runner"?
Well let’s compare the tires on both models...... I don’t think I need to go any further lmfao

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Are we arguing Sasquatch vs Badlands suspension height based on that damned overlander Frankenthing again?

When looking at the two Broncos in the OPs picture, does the Badlands really look much more than an inch lower? (Not really.)

Would have been nice to have photos of the spring part number tabs from both of those.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the 315's look pretty good on the four door, however on the two door it is too much, puts the BRO in BRONCO.

Pennington

Badlands
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can't be serious?!? You do realize there's different types of Off-roading besides Rock crawling. Ground clearance, better suspension and bigger tires are pretty important. And I'm willing to bet that Wildtrak or any other Bronco equipped with Sasquatch package without sway bar disconnect can do extremely will in the Rocks. I personally would rather have the higher ground clearance and bigger tires especially in muddy situations, river crossing and desert running at high speeds.
My biggest issue with Badlands and rock crawl is you have to give up sport mode. Unfortunately I will spend more time on the highway than I will crawling over rocks. Easy choice to go Wildtrak.
Sponsored