Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They've got a burger with peanut butter here in Atlanta at the famous Vortex Bar and Grill. Want a few laughs, visit the website and read the menu and "rules"

Place is 21 and up so leave your damn rug rats with the in laws too. Place is awesome!

https://thevortexatl.com
Pretty mundane stuff, really. I was hoping for something 80% as saucy as the orgy dome rules since it's default world. Ultimately that place seems like a common sense establishment. Question is how they enforce it.

I do like their style and that they gently push the limits of how mainstream society thinks it needs to be dealt with (kid gloves, two pairs, ear plugs in all orifices, safety glasses on, mother on speed dial).

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Spotted: Bronco Badlands Cyber Orange vs Jeep Wrangler Sahara -- side by side 2021 Bronco 2-Door Badlands vs Jeep Wrangler 4-Door Sahara 3

I find it interesting that the slightly higher beltline on the Bronco makes it look huge compared to even a JLU. Yeah, it's a bit taller and wider but the visual comparison makes it look gigantic.

That being said, the 2 door Bronco has great proportions, even with the 33s and especially so with the 35s. My mind keeps telling me that the base base 2 door is great but my heart keeps going back to the base Squatch.

The wallet makes the final decision though lol.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mercy, that first picture scared me as the Bronco looks like the Titanic beside the Sahara. But, the optics changed in the following pictures. I'm feeling much better now......:) Thanks for the pics Doug. They give me an idea now that the Bronco will fit inside the garage beside my Ranger with a little ingenuity.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't have a bias against Jeep but am a big Ford fan due to many in my family being employed by Ford as far back as I can remember. This pic makes me think that some Jeep owners are not going to be happy with the Bronco entering the scene.
Agreed . . . I think that once these are finally available to the non-reservation holders (2023 or 4?!?) there will be many used Wranglers on the Ford lots! Personally - I have zero interest in the Jeep and it doesn't even matter to me how they look side by side . . . I had a jeep wrangler as a loaner when my Raptor was having timing phasers replaced (at the beginning of covid - was in the shop for 6 weeks, waiting for parts most of that time) and it was the worst vehicle I ever owned . . . rode, drove and handled horribly and I would not recommend it to anyone. By comparison my son has a Ranger XLT 4x4 with the fx4 pkg and it's night and day by comparison . . . I expect / hope the Wildtrak 4 door will be in that same vein . . . if not I'm sure I can sell it and trade the Raptor in for the 22 when that comes out!

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty mundane stuff, really. I was hoping for something 80% as saucy as the orgy dome rules since it's default world. Ultimately that place seems like a common sense establishment. Question is how they enforce it.

I do like their style and that they gently push the limits of how mainstream society thinks it needs to be dealt with (kid gloves, two pairs, ear plugs in all orifices, safety glasses on, mother on speed dial).
Trust that you may be underestimating The Vortex.

I've been a customer for over 20 years and have watched plenty of "undesirables" (tourists) get kicked out. Saw some tourist family try to insist upon bringing in a toddler in a stroller get put out almost instantly following a scene near the door. Place is small, eclectic, and no nonsense. If you're cool, they're cool. However, when you're in there, it's their way or the door.

Sending food back or trying to change the menu, or ordering something that you just don't like leads to you paying the bill then getting kicked out early.

Place has mellowed a tad in recent years, but early 2000s were a riot.

Best burgers also. There are many who do fancy things, but a Vortex coronary bypass or just Med Bacon Chz burger and some tots, rings, and a beer with a bourbon back are about as good as it gets.

Let me know when you're down for a visit.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Photo credit: RJ Armstrong (owner of the Jeep). The Jeep Sahara rides on Bridgestone Duellers 32's.

Ford Bronco Spotted: Bronco Badlands Cyber Orange vs Jeep Wrangler Sahara -- side by side 2021 Bronco 2-Door Badlands vs Jeep Wrangler 4-Door Sahara 3
I get the feeling Jeep owners are going to have an inferiority complex when the Bronco is out in the wild and they're side-by-side at traffic lights and such. 😄

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Trust that you may be underestimating The Vortex.

I've been a customer for over 20 years and have watched plenty of "undesirables" (tourists) get kicked out. Saw some tourist family try to insist upon bringing in a toddler in a stroller get put out almost instantly following a scene near the door. Place is small, eclectic, and no nonsense. If you're cool, they're cool. However, when you're in there, it's their way or the door.

Sending food back or trying to change the menu, or ordering something that you just don't like leads to you paying the bill then getting kicked out early.

Place has mellowed a tad in recent years, but early 2000s were a riot.

Best burgers also. There are many who do fancy things, but a Vortex coronary bypass or just Med Bacon Chz burger and some tots, rings, and a beer with a bourbon back are about as good as it gets.

Let me know when you're down for a visit.
if i'm ever in GA, i'll hit you up and we'll make it a great time with burgers!

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pineapple cheeseburger?!
Very nice shots!

FB_IMG_1614275539875.jpg
There was this restaurant in Waikiki called Cheeseburger Waikiki. They had an island style burger with pineapple, kulua pork , and Terri sauce. Pretty sure that bitch took years off my life but it was good.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Say whaaaaaaat?! The two-door Bronco is larger than the two door Jeep. It's a full seven inches longer, which makes a huge difference in the back seat space as well as some in the front row. It's also a couple inches wider, which adds space between passengers, again, especially benefitting the rear-seat passengers, but also large people in general.

Sponsored

1976BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 BRONCO, 89GRANDWAGONEER, 2014WRANGLER, 07FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think ill give my jeep to my son.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FYI - The Sahara stock wheels pictured are the same exact ones for the OBX - Bridgestone Duellers 32's.
Tires are the same. Wheels are different

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tires are the same. Wheels are different
Yes and No. They are both stock 18" wheels with machined face. When comparing the OBX to Sahara, Ford made a deliberate effort to replicate what Jeep offers.
Sponsored