OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well it's a lock nut... you can't hand tighten lock nuts.
What do you call the nuts you put in the kitted products. I have always called lock washer, washer that a split/over lap or the teeth style which are the ones that are used on the side of the light/bracket for adjusting up and down. I know know a nylon lock but as what is packaged to assemble the light bracket to the mounting bracket. What do you call them? And yes I did tighten them by hand.
I’m fact, after having to cut the first bolt off I stupidly pushed forward with the rest with antiseize lube. Unfortunately I had another seize and while on the bracket and had to cut that off as well scratching the hell out of the mounting bracket and lite scratch on the lense of the amber cover, not happy about this! I then decided to hand tighten and loosen each bolt/nut with lube prior to putting on the brackets.
You guys have some bad nuts and/or bolts you are sending out. No reason this should have happened to new hardware, especially how much I paid for the lights…
Sponsored

kennyg808

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma, Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same happened to me a while ago. I reached out to Baja and they provided new hardware. I’m glad I’m not the only one to hear about this.

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What do you call the nuts you put in the kitted products.
The nuts included with the kits that are packaged by Baja Designs are called Nyloks. If you can tighten them by hand your stronger than anyone I've ever met. Usually I just tighten them to the nylon than grab wrenches.
Why are cutting them?
Take the light off the bracket, put nut in a vise (refraining from obvious joke here), grab a cheater and twist that grade 3 bolt till she is no more.

I'm gonna go a head and repeat the part about how the bolts come from Baja Designs for you. And op has said he is taking measures to rectify the situation since he has become aware of said issue. Since apparently reading comprehension fails you.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What do you call the nuts you put in the kitted products. I have always called lock washer, washer that a split/over lap or the teeth style which are the ones that are used on the side of the light/bracket for adjusting up and down. I know know a nylon lock but as what is packaged to assemble the light bracket to the mounting bracket. What do you call them? And yes I did tighten them by hand.
I’m fact, after having to cut the first bolt off I stupidly pushed forward with the rest with antiseize lube. Unfortunately I had another seize and while on the bracket and had to cut that off as well scratching the hell out of the mounting bracket and lite scratch on the lense of the amber cover, not happy about this! I then decided to hand tighten and loosen each bolt/nut with lube prior to putting on the brackets.
You guys have some bad nuts and/or bolts you are sending out. No reason this should have happened to new hardware, especially how much I paid for the lights…
they are lock nuts (nylon insert in the nut) they also canbe called nylox

they are not provided by us - it’s part of the Baja Designs hardware kits they include with their lights

we’ve raised these concerns to Baja Designs which is why they are sending us anti seize lubricant to include with the lights - they believe they had a bad batch of hardware

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Baja Designs provided us with anti-seize lubricant

All orders for fog kits going out today from our warehouse will include a baggie of anti-seize lubricant

Ford Bronco Baja Design install help needed 6C384561-6F0B-4127-8BBA-4D57C24DDD50

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That there is classic galling ,stainless hardware will gall if you use too much speed or no anti seize.

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made same mistake. Never had a locknut seize on me before. Instructions clearly called for anti-seize. I was just playing around on the bench when it happened to me. 4X4TruckLED guys took care of me.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I made same mistake. Never had a locknut seize on me before. Instructions clearly called for anti-seize. I was just playing around on the bench when it happened to me. 4X4TruckLED guys took care of me.
RTFM!!!!!!

:)

Kidding, we never read instructions either till we get stuck or break something then go and read them "OHHH i was supposed to do that instead, woooops"

Sponsored

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RTFM!!!!!!

:)

Kidding, we never read instructions either till we get stuck or break something then go and read them "OHHH i was supposed to do that instead, woooops"
Sad fact is that I did RTFM first... and I had anti-seize! and I even had fitting non-locknuts to use for playing around on the bench which is actually what I used for all the pre-adjustments. A big 'doh' moment for me. Got the nut off, but the nut and bolt were damaged (1 set). Thanks again for the help.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Edit: wow a lot of people had the same problem here, sounds frustrating

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found a trick years ago, I use it a lot in wood working. I have a chunk of bees Wax , I put on all threads. As the bolt heats up from friction the wax melts lublicating the threads but dries and wont pick up dirt. It keeps wood from splitting if your driving a wood screw in when it melts in the wood it seals the wood spores and makes a real nice threaded hole. It works great for metal bolts too. Seals out moisture too, great stuff.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hold on, the fact is this should have never happened , that’s why they are including anti-seize giz… I have never had a bolt/nylonnut seize in my 45 year life… this is truely pathetic that it’s not being head on addressed by BD or 4x4 considering a 1,000+ purchase !!!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hold on, the fact is this should have never happened , that’s why they are including anti-seize giz… I have never had a bolt/nylonnut seize in my 45 year life… this is truely pathetic that it’s not being head on addressed by BD or 4x4 considering a 1,000+ purchase !!!
Hi there, welcome to the conversation :) If you scroll up you'll see we have been addressing this AND Baja Designs has addressed this as well...
Sponsored