First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I just got finished installing the three sets of Baja Design fog lights on my modular bumper. They look fantastic and can’t wait until nightfall. I got the kit from 4x4truckleds.com. The kit was great and came quick and at discount due to a 4th of July sale. That said, installing the lights onto the KR Off-road brackets was a pain in the butt. So you have to set the angles front/back, tilt up/down and pivot left/right. This required a lot of back and forth and takes quite a bit of time. All the videos I watched on YouTube made it seem much simpler. I guess that’s the magic of editing. All in all, good stuff and I’m happy to answer any questions you may have. For what it’s worth, I’m not super handy but was able to do it in my driveway by myself.

Ford Bronco Baja Design Fog Lights (x3) installed IMG_4969
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Glad you like them, but you actually just want to tighten them on the bracket enough that they don't move but you can still move them up/down/left/right. That allows you to install them and adjust the light. Once it's locked in you go back and tighten it down.

OP
OP
Taco2Bronco

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally understand...and after reading my original post, it certain does sound like I'm complaining. My point is that adjusting and dialing them in isn't simple. Not quite hard - it just takes a while of putting them on and off a bunch of times.

For instance, let's say you put the lights on the bracket all pointed dead center and hand tighten the screws. You then install the bracket onto the truck and adjust them so they are pointed in the proper direction. Once all in the right direction, you have to remove the bracket from the truck to tighten them all down. I couldn't fit the allen key in between the lights, so I had to remove the light next to it to tighten the one down. This ultimately caused me to have to take it on and off a bunch of times to dial each one in. Again, not hard per se, just time consuming.

All that BS aside, I'm happy with the product and purchase.

OP
OP
Taco2Bronco

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE: I finally was able to take it to an underground parking garage and properly aim the lights. The aiming process once the light are generally in the right spot was straightforward and easy. So very bright! I think I burnt six Baja design logos into the brick!

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great. What type of lights did you go with? Fog? Combo? Flood? Etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Taco2Bronco

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have squadron white driving combo lights, squadron amber wide cornering, and S2 pro spots. Haven't had to use any for anything other than looking cool. I had squadron driving combo fog lights on my Tacoma and they were fantastic!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Totally understand...and after reading my original post, it certain does sound like I'm complaining. My point is that adjusting and dialing them in isn't simple. Not quite hard - it just takes a while of putting them on and off a bunch of times.

For instance, let's say you put the lights on the bracket all pointed dead center and hand tighten the screws. You then install the bracket onto the truck and adjust them so they are pointed in the proper direction. Once all in the right direction, you have to remove the bracket from the truck to tighten them all down. I couldn't fit the allen key in between the lights, so I had to remove the light next to it to tighten the one down. This ultimately caused me to have to take it on and off a bunch of times to dial each one in. Again, not hard per se, just time consuming.

All that BS aside, I'm happy with the product and purchase.
We never have to go and re-tighten them. We tighten them down and install the kit. Then we just move the lights. We tighten them to the point where we can STILL move them and they maintain their position. Pretty easy once you do this a lot. But I get that you might have had issues since this is your first time installing them. Makes sense.

For those who are installing these... just tighten down the brackets to the lights (the side bolts that is). They can be a pain to get to once installed but if you tighten them down up front, you'll still be able to move them. You don't need to wrench them down to the point you are going to snap the bolt head either. Just GOODANDTIGHT.
Sponsored