Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know other brands do sell a la carte and somehow do make money, but if they/you say so...

Bumper option isn't the same - if it was this kit wouldn't exist in the first place.
Well the bracket that comes with their reverse kit is just part of the kit. We DO sell this one which you can probably use:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-rtl-m-spare-tire-mount-kit/
Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Reverse Kit Installed 1632599975175

It's designed for their RTL bar but you can certainly install a different pod on there.

There is also this one, which I've used in the past on another vehicle, where you can mount whatever you like

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-universal-lighting-license-plate-mount-us-plate/
Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Reverse Kit Installed 1632600017318

It's actually an add-on for their S2 Reverse Kit
Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well the bracket that comes with their reverse kit is just part of the kit. We DO sell this one which you can probably use:
Doesn't look that way to me, unless I want to ditch my camera or hack that bracket up. But thanks for brainstorming.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Doesn't look that way to me, unless I want to ditch my camera or hack that bracket up. But thanks for brainstorming.
Mount it under the camera then...

Sorry we don't have anything for you right now. Maybe in the future, but it's a new truck.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No sorry. Baja Designs brackets are only available when purchased as part of a complete kit.

I could custom design you a 1-off bracket however if you were interested in purchasing it. Lead time would be about 2 weeks to receive it since it's a 1-time laser cut job. PM me if interested.
So we finally got our Bronco back a few days ago (it was away from the shop all week) so I decided to spend some time this evening at home and install the Baja Designs S2 Reverse Kit (https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-reverse-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/)

We allow you to select either S1, S2 Sport, S2 Pro, Squadron Sport or Squadron Pros with the kit. For our demo truck, I went with S2 Sports. I ran S2 sport on my Raptor and they were plenty bright. I MIGHT upgrade them to S2 Pro later, but S2 Sport works fine for now.

So the kit out of the box is setup to be controlled from an upfitter or a toggle switch. I asked Baja Designs why this was, when the previous S2 Reverse kit for the Raptors tied into the factory reverse circuit. Basically, they didn't have a demo truck at their disposal that long and they couldn't go hacking apart the tail lights and splicing in wires.

BUT, because ya know we live and breath this stuff, we're going to explain how you can tie into your factory reverse circuit (at least on the trucks with BLIS/LED Tails).

So the kit includes a mount, which goes over your 3 lug nuts on your spare tire. They give you extension lugs so that you can mount the kit. On my factory wheel I had to use 4 washers behind the plate for the off-set (you get 5 washers in the kit).

Installation was honestly really easy, outside of the wiring part (and again, I did some custom stuff which I'll explain).

It's a BIG improvement over the factory reverse, and these are only the S2 Sport.

So what did I do different and how? Well I used an upfitter cable and I tapped into the hot leg on the factory tail circuit. It's the green wire shown here (bottom right corner of the image):

For a ground point, I went under the bumper where there was no painted metal.

Now I COULD have just kept everything inside the truck I learned at the end. As the tail light wires are inside the cabin as well I could have just as easily tied into without having to remove the tail light. Lesson learned.

I ran the wire through the boot behind the spare tire

And followed the 3rd brake light wire

Now I wanted a quick disconnect, similar to the factory in case service was ever needed. Being that I was at home, I didn't have my crimping tools for the Weatherpack connectors, so for now I used some spade terminals so that I could service it later (I will replace this with a Weatherpack connector down the road)

This then went through the rear fender area and back out another grommet behind the tail light

And then here is the hot lead from my harness poking out of my sheathing where I used a crimp on wire tap for that green wire above

PERFECT! No need for an upfitter or toggle switch now. They come on automatically in reverse. I did have to supply some of my own wire, since this is not how the Baja Designs kit is setup out of the box. BUT I did show my Baja rep the circuit I tapped into and where I tapped into a ground point (you can also tap into a ground point inside the cabin, which is pointed out in the Baja Designs instructions for the license plate bolts). So maybe in the future they will update the kit.

If you want your kit, we've got them in stock so grab one here:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-reverse-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/
I like the idea of this light kit, but not as an auto-on backup light, but as an on-demand rear vehicle light for use when working behind vehicle, loading bikes, locking the gates at our county park, etc. I would want to wire them to the ceiling switches in my OBX, which is what you have. Which harness would I purchase for that? Since you have the OBX, did you get the accessory switches?

My MIC OBX is getting its roof in October, and maybe I'll get it in November, this is a good project.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Apologies the back and forth threw me off a bit. You wired your lights to only come on in reverse correct?

I bought my Raptor S2’s from you and with the harness they come on in reverse (I tapped into the trailer wiring) AND I can activate them with one of the upfitter switches.
Great because I don’t have to do anything when in reverse they come on automatically but when loading the trailer or anything else behind the truck I can hit the switch and they are on.
I would want the same harness/ install for the Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like the idea of this light kit, but not as an auto-on backup light, but as an on-demand rear vehicle light for use when working behind vehicle, loading bikes, locking the gates at our county park, etc. I would want to wire them to the ceiling switches in my OBX, which is what you have. Which harness would I purchase for that? Since you have the OBX, did you get the accessory switches?

My MIC OBX is getting its roof in October, and maybe I'll get it in November, this is a good project.
The S2 Reverse Kit (out of the box) is turned on/off from either an upfitter or toggle switch. I didn't want that, which is why I wired it different.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Apologies the back and forth threw me off a bit. You wired your lights to only come on in reverse correct?

I bought my Raptor S2’s from you and with the harness they come on in reverse (I tapped into the trailer wiring) AND I can activate them with one of the upfitter switches.
Great because I don’t have to do anything when in reverse they come on automatically but when loading the trailer or anything else behind the truck I can hit the switch and they are on.
I would want the same harness/ install for the Bronco.
Correct. I didn't want to take over an upfitter switch (or in my case, a switch on my auxbeam panel) so I wired them into my reverse circuit. That's how I did it on my Raptor.

If you buy our harness then yes, you could have it come on automatically while going in reverse as well as control it from your upfitter (just like on your Raptor).

This is that harness: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...ness-for-2017-ford-raptor-s1-s2-reverse-kits/

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Correct. I didn't want to take over an upfitter switch (or in my case, a switch on my auxbeam panel) so I wired them into my reverse circuit. That's how I did it on my Raptor.

If you buy our harness then yes, you could have it come on automatically while going in reverse as well as control it from your upfitter (just like on your Raptor).

This is that harness: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...ness-for-2017-ford-raptor-s1-s2-reverse-kits/
Both! Now thats nice!

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Both! Now thats nice!
Yup. It's very popular with the Raptors, as they do a lot of runs where they want chase lights. So now they can throw those amber rock guards on and get the best of both worlds. I hated seeing trucks on the trails with their S2 lights turned on, but their factory reverse lights on as well. It was confusing (hey are you going backwards or what). Thus the development of our harness. I think there's only 1 other person who makes a harness like this but we were the original designers of this harness with built-in back-feed protection.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
for those of you installing rear lights, you can power the reverse circuit at the passenger side rear taillight , look for the green and brown wire. The yellow and white wire for connecting to the uplifter switch is under the right rear plastic quarter panel cover by the seat belt. It’s easiest to remove rear plastic floor edge trim piece then the rear floor by removing all 4 tie down D rings.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the tow package on mine, I haven’t received it yet but I’m hoping I can pull the reverse signal off the 7 pin connector.
Sponsored