First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Diode Dynamics lights. We've been selling them for months: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...-w-kr-off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

The SSSC2 (smaller 2" ligjht) have always had a back-lit option, which is what you see pictured. The SS3 (the larger 3" light on the inside) have a back-lit option coming soon (this week we're told we should be seeing our SS3 back-lit lights ship to us). That was a truck at SEMA so they were showing off the new back-light SS3 and the new bumper light bar you see there.
Iā€™m hoping someone can better explain to me the back light design. It sounds like both the back light and main beam are on at the same time. And you can mix/match colors? Any pictures of mixing colors?

I thought it would be cool if the back light, say in orange, could be a drl and the main beam could be on with the headlights in white(with the backlight off). Would look cool on the BD light set up.
Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Order #22770 is in! Looking forward to it šŸ˜‰.

blackh8552

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Obx Sasquatch 2.7 and explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered a set of the baja designs fog lights... kit came and had an issue with a scratched frame and a stainless steel bolt that froze... 10 minutes on the phone and replacements overnighted from baja at no charge. Customer service seems very good.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m hoping someone can better explain to me the back light design. It sounds like both the back light and main beam are on at the same time. And you can mix/match colors? Any pictures of mixing colors?

I thought it would be cool if the back light, say in orange, could be a drl and the main beam could be on with the headlights in white(with the backlight off). Would look cool on the BD light set up.
It's a back-light. You trigger it and an amber back light glows on the light. Turn on the forward lighting via a 2nd wire and that comes on (you won't be able to see the back light once the main light is on as it's so bright).

We only offer amber back-light. There are other colors but we're not about to make it more difficult to order a kit for that 1 or 2 customers out of a thousand who wants a different color. That and amber is the only color you won't get in trouble with, since other colors are ILLEGAL to use on public roads. Amber is at least an indicator lamp color

Sponsored

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey guys,

Appreciate the input and the conversation. I am sure you will consider any input from us to be a bit biased (I genuinely feel our build quality and off-road performance is top tier, in case you are wondering) but I am more than happy to chime in if you guys have specific questions.

I will weigh in on a couple things mentioned in the thread. Our warranty service is as true to a lifetime warranty as you will find anywhere. We take a lot of pride in our build quality and performance, so if you ever have an issue, we will make sure you end up 100% satisfied.

Anodized coating has been a struggle over the years, as it is one of the few compnents that we cannot directly QC before leaving the shop. We have had a few bad batches of UV ano coating over the years. It looks nice and black when it leaves the shop, and doesn't begin to fade until well after it has been installed. We have since remedied that on many of our products, and are working on implementing a new coating on the few remaining products that are affected. The Squadron and XL bezels that have been most affected historically have already been switched over to powder coat. That said, we cover any faulty coatings under our warranty policy, in case anyone currently has an issue.

Check out our Science of Lighting page and Lighting Zone tutorials to see features and support that we offer that help set us apart from the rest of the pack of imitators and clones :)
26032999-7C5C-4259-A93B-87C107243F44.jpeg

DC591A23-7CBE-42FD-B247-1F90E07FD3BE.jpeg

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This looks so great!! Do those white lights also have the backlight option so you could do amber across all three?

what did you order? And did you make that little plate that is around the lights or is that something you ordered? It looks so much more finished with the little gaps filled.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This looks so great!! Do those white lights also have the backlight option so you could do amber across all three?

what did you order? And did you make that little plate that is around the lights or is that something you ordered? It looks so much more finished with the little gaps filled.
We offer 2 kits. Both are available with or without back-lighting on the SS3 (the SSC2 always have the back-lighting)

Open Style Bracket:
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...-w-kr-off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Vs. Diode Dynamics 1645977909462

Flush Mount/Bezel Style:
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ad-bezel-flush-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Vs. Diode Dynamics 1645977928798

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm debating between Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics for my roof and bumper lighting...

1642111171162.png

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Ford-Bronco-21-On-XL-Linkable-Kits.asp

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Ford-Bronco-21-On-Roof-Bar-Kits.asp

IMG-4061.jpg

https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss5-windshield-crosslink-lightbar-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco.html

https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss5-grille-crosslink-lightbar-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco.html

I am not interested in Rigid, KC, or any other option except Baja and Diode Dynamics as they are the only true US-based brands at the present time sourcing as many components they can from the US and assembled in the US.

Which kit or brand do you prefer? Why?

Cheers,
Kenny
I went with baja designs. Liked their bracket ( best out there by far right now) and the installers I spoke with said they were of better quality than diode. Really think it's personal preference as both seemed like high quality products to me. Used two aux switches. # 2 and 3. Pod lights are on #1

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Vs. Diode Dynamics 20220203_115421

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Vs. Diode Dynamics 20220203_114932

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Vs. Diode Dynamics 20211224_105742

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Vs. Diode Dynamics 20211224_105702

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Vs. Diode Dynamics 20211224_105618

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Vs. Diode Dynamics 20220217_092500

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Vs. Diode Dynamics 20211230_150225

Last edited:

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice! Can't wait to receive mine. Are you still targeting March 1st availability for the flush mount kit and lights?
Yes we are. Freight truck was supposed to be here Friday, that never happened. Now it's at the local hub by us as of yesterday so we SHOULD be getting them tomorrow.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes we are. Freight truck was supposed to be here Friday, that never happened. Now it's at the local hub by us as of yesterday so we SHOULD be getting them tomorrow.
Awesome! Looking forward to it. Thanks for the quick response!

CyberVegas

First Edition
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have experience with both and in my opinion they are the best options in the off-road lightning game. If ur debating between the 2 I would just go with which one u like the look of better aesthetically and which one you like the mounting solutions/brackets better for. You canā€™t go wrong either one when it comes to their actual operation/performance but u can go wrong if you donā€™t like how they look on your truck. Hope this helps

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have experience with both and in my opinion they are the best options in the off-road lightning game. If ur debating between the 2 I would just go with which one u like the look of better aesthetically and which one you like the mounting solutions/brackets better for. You canā€™t go wrong either one when it comes to their actual operation/performance but u can go wrong if you donā€™t like how they look on your truck. Hope this helps
The kits install and use the same mounting brackets for both brands...

Choosing lights based on "looks" isn't honestly how one should choose a lighting package.

As I've said, Baja makes a better quality light. It can take more abuse and is more suited for folks who are going off-roading (as the lights will take rocks and debris better). They have better off-roading patterns.

Diode Dynamics is better for a street legal setup. If you don't plan to off-road a lot (or if you do, but you're not doing anything crazy with lots of rocks/debris flying aroun) then a Diode Dynamic setup is good. They have a better wide pattern, which is ideal for normal street driving. Their warranty isn't as long as Baja and their powder coating isn't as durable (baja adds another layer on top of their powder coated bezels)..

As for patterns, you have to pick what works for you. We offer the pre-configured "kits" from the manufacturers but our #1 sellers are the ones where you can PICK what lights you want, based on what conditions you drive in normally.

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ordered the Baja Designs fog pocket kit from 4x4leds.com. The whites donā€™t fill in amber - at least not the ones I got. They give you different options. Check ā€˜em out!
Sponsored