Sponsored

Baja Designs XL linkable with 6 lights instead of 8 as a roof / hood light bar?

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone used only 6 of the Baja Designs XL linkable lights as an over windshield / hood / roof light bar? I know the standard setup for a Bronco is 8, which fits nicely. I prefer a 40" light bar to a 50" on this vehicle, so that would be about the equivalent. No specific reason; I just think it looks better. On other trucks I've had the entire width. I know that from mounting screw to mounting screw (at least on their basic setup), Baja lists the width for 6 lights at 42.27". If this is what I want, any advice on if it can or has been done, what it took, or how it looks from anyone who has seen or done it?

Ford Bronco Baja Designs XL linkable with 6 lights instead of 8 as a roof / hood light bar? Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 5.28.36 PM
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can't... there would be nowhere to mount it... you need 8 so that you can mount it to the factory spots. Why not just do the 8 so it fits properly???

Ford Bronco Baja Designs XL linkable with 6 lights instead of 8 as a roof / hood light bar? Bronco5

If you had 6, it wouldn't look right, you'd have gaps on either side (that and as I said, you can't actually mount it, you'd need to have a long bracket coming off which would look odd)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-roof-light-bar-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

OP
OP
doccoch

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i answered that in my OP. 40" lightbars also have gaps on the side. It's my preference. Anyone done this or seen a mount where would work?

I want width of lights as pic below. Of course not with rack.

Ford Bronco Baja Designs XL linkable with 6 lights instead of 8 as a roof / hood light bar? Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 9.08.49 PM

so what I'm hoping to find is a roof light bar mount that is turned medially to hold 6 lights instead of laterally to hold 8. There are currently lots that hold 40" lightbars. Wondering if they can be adapted?
Ford Bronco Baja Designs XL linkable with 6 lights instead of 8 as a roof / hood light bar? Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 9.31.17 PM

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i answered that in my OP. 40" lightbars also have gaps on the side. It's my preference. Anyone done this or seen a mount where would work?

I want width of lights as pic below. Of course not with rack.

Ford Bronco Baja Designs XL linkable with 6 lights instead of 8 as a roof / hood light bar? Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 9.31.17 PM

so what I'm hoping to find is a roof light bar mount that is turned medially to hold 6 lights instead of laterally to hold 8. There are currently lots that hold 40" lightbars. Wondering if they can be adapted?
Sorry no. The Baja Kit only works with 8 lights, as it bolts onto the factory bolt area.

You'd need a roof rack or something else to hold 6x XL lights
Sponsored