First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im still debating if I go with mid black diamond squatch(if and when mansquatch is real) or just basic badlands. would be nice to have the inverter, the climate control, and the garage(gate in my case)opener. But I do not want a 56" tv on the dash or heated butt wipers. Whats next on board bidet?
Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't disagree, however, for me, my current ride has none of that and I like driving it.

I never say, "I wish this had..."

So, for me, the standard package has MORE than my ride now. It's an upgrade that doesn't cost me anything extra.

2-door, CO, 2.7, tow package, done.

Completely understand. Not everything needs to be a value play.

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im still debating if I go with mid black diamond squatch(if and when mansquatch is real) or just basic badlands. would be nice to have the inverter, the climate control, and the garage(gate in my case)opener. But I do not want a 56" tv on the dash or heated butt wipers. Whats next on board bidet?
I really do not want a 12" screen on top of a digital dash. Hell digital dash and 8" have redundancies.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really do not want a 12" screen on top of a digital dash. Hell digital dash and 8" have redundancies.
Maybe my wife's car is set up wrong, but her 8 inch screen is freakin' bright. And kinda distracting at times.

Making that thing 4 MORE inches larger just isn't a selling point for me.

Of course, I'm not a techno-junky so my 3 year old phone, and my 38 inch TV is good enough for me.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else out there going Badlands but NOT getting MID, or adding sound deadening? Add a manual into that mix for ultra exclusivity... Any takers? Just curious how rare my girl will be. Unicorn status?

Not trying to debate your builds or why I did what I did.... You probably get it or you don't... but I am curious how alone I am.....
I would say pretty rare...will be at Barrett Jackson some day

Sponsored

nsmiller0807

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2019 Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered BL, 2.3L, auto, High Pkg, MIC top, and tow pkg

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe my wife's car is set up wrong, but her 8 inch screen is freakin' bright. And kinda distracting at times.

Of course, I'm not a techno-junky so my 3 year old phone, and my 38 inch TV is good enough for me.
you can actually set those screens to dark mode too..at least in some Ford Products

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I hear you on this. I would never want to give the GF an extra 4" just on the off chance she then demanded it all the time. It's not like we all have an extra 4" for just such an occasion, am I right!

Okay, on the main topic here: Just to confirm, "bare bones" would exclude the automatic transmission, 2.7 engine and any up-charge options (including wheel locks or tri-coat paint as examples). Sure seems that 99% of the "bare bones" folks in this thread just happen to have thousands of dollars worth of upgrades.

I'd be in the actual bare bones club here except for mid pack. Badlands, 2.3/MT, not a single cost option on the order sheet except roof sound deadening and mid-pack.... So still not cool enough for this exclusive club. 😔

swampgoat

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco xlt 5 speed manual, 2020 f350 tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im going 2 door BL, 2.3, 7 speed manual. I only added the roof rack, trailer tow package and the optional wheels. I am going to get the free headliner.... because its free... kind of

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
‘22 Badlands Mansquatch. Wheel locks. CG, probably with white top. Possibly black top. I’ll order sound-deadening headliner, if it’s not standard. During the winter I was vacillating on the mid package(heated seats), but the warmth of spring has me convinced I can live without it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im going 2 door BL, 2.3, 7 speed manual. I only added the roof rack, trailer tow package and the optional wheels. I am going to get the free headliner.... because its free... kind of
But then you cant wipe passenger vomit off as easily?

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear you on this. I would never want to give the GF an extra 4" just on the off chance she then demanded it all the time. It's not like we all have an extra 4" for just such an occasion, am I right!

Okay, on the main topic here: Just to confirm, "bare bones" would exclude the automatic transmission, 2.7 engine and any up-charge options (including wheel locks or tri-coat paint as examples). Sure seems that 99% of the "bare bones" folks in this thread just happen to have thousands of dollars worth of upgrades.

I'd be in the actual bare bones club here except for mid pack. Badlands, 2.3/MT, not a single cost option on the order sheet except roof sound deadening and mid-pack.... So still not cool enough for this exclusive club. 😔
i did add beadlock capable wheels, and will be getting rings. my "wheel locks" are 5.7mm, if you follow.

i wanted the seat heater for my aging technician back as a heating pad on drives home but the associated systems in mid pack are evil. no lane departure for me. No additional 360 "tech". you lose towing/payload capacity. the raptors without the bullpoo package have like 500lb additional payload.

my last build was a compound turbo Cummins 4BT widebody Toyota Pickup with Methanol injection. I required ZERO electronics to run well. An EMP would take out my meth Injection but I'd still run all day long.

Today i'm clost to wanting a mechanical injection truck again. I had a BMW crash in programming and lose the cluster. its still dead, and its not why the car came in. Yesterday I had a TPMS take out half of a K-CAN Bus and not all the modules in a row, or topographically related. I am really upset the Bronco is FNV architecture and not old school like the current ranger. Over the air updates are not a good idea in my opinion when cars crash in a stable environment with a 80A powersupply.

Rob W.

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the Lux package for the garage door opener.

feeble

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1977 Cobra II Monroe Handler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door A51 BL, 7 speed, added the optional wheels, tow, brush guard, paint film and block heater