Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i did add beadlock capable wheels, and will be getting rings. my "wheel locks" are 5.7mm, if you follow.

i wanted the seat heater for my aging technician back as a heating pad on drives home but the associated systems in mid pack are evil. no lane departure for me. No additional 360 "tech". you lose towing/payload capacity. the raptors without the bullpoo package have like 500lb additional payload.

my last build was a compound turbo Cummins 4BT widebody Toyota Pickup with Methanol injection. I required ZERO electronics to run well. An EMP would take out my meth Injection but I'd still run all day long.

Today i'm clost to wanting a mechanical injection truck again. I had a BMW crash in programming and lose the cluster. its still dead, and its not why the car came in. Yesterday I had a TPMS take out half of a K-CAN Bus and not all the modules in a row, or topographically related. I am really upset the Bronco is FNV architecture and not old school like the current ranger. Over the air updates are not a good idea in my opinion when cars crash in a stable environment with a 80A powersupply.
Oh, I follow. Chicks dig the 5.7mm of extra wheel lock!

You make a solid point about all these vehicles being built on an ever-increasing foundation of pixie harmony and spotless tubes of the internets. As OEM's have come to grips with the most substantial mechanical issues to the point that reliability on even the cheapest car made is astronomically better than cars from even 15 years ago, their new weaknesses are over-reliance upon a delicate infrastructure and slave to internet. Perfect for the first world! What could possibly go wrong?

And if anything ever did go wrong, which it wont, simply throw it away and buy a new one!

Meanwhile, i'm re-jetting a new street demon 525cfm on the T-bird after suffering through years of tunability issues on the Holley 750 double pumper. Pretty sure the only internet connectivity needed is so that I can stream a sermon from the Reverend.

FWIW, static drop on a shop-mates Galaxie 500
Ford Bronco Bare-bones Badlands Unicorns static dro
Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the fence about pulling a 180 and going minimalist standard package on my 4dr 2.7 Badlands order...currently have the Lux package selected. Few things are pushing me to reconsider. Namely the front collision/ACC sensor in the lower bumper and the grill mounted camera. So far the 4WP winch bumper and the factory Ford winch mount both block the factory camera. Not a big deal for the standard/mid package guys, but anyone with the high/lux package is gonna have to wait for someone to develop a hidden winch bumper (looking at you ARB). Even with that you’re still looking at relocating the front ACC sensor (and possibly the intercooler) and having a bumper with provisions for front sensors...meh. I’d rather have the winch bumper of my choice over cameras.

Also worried about owning a tech loaded newer car outside the warranty period. Did some reading and it seems a lot of people with higher optioned vehicles have a not insignificant number of issues with tech as the vehicle approaches 5-7 years old or older. I’d like to avoid that if possible, especially on a convertible that will most likely get rained on at some point in it’s life. Don’t think the wireless charger, heated seats, steering wheel or auto dimming mirror would like being ....

You also get a heck of a payload boost if you leave off the tech features. Decisions decisions...either gonna get a hell of a bumper to bumper warranty or swap my build to standard and use the extra $ for off-road mods.

Does anyone know if the standard Bronco trim still comes with a 12V plug in the rear? Thinking of future fridge mount/power needs. And the standard only comes with 2 USB plugs up front?

Pretty torn but I think I may be convincing myself to go with the minimalist standard trim more and more. Plus I REALLY don’t want all the driver assist features that the higher packages force you to get. Decision decisions.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, kinda.

I ordered a BL, 2.7, Sasquatch, with the low package. Less tech the better if you ask me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the fence about pulling a 180 and going minimalist standard package on my 4dr 2.7 Badlands order...currently have the Lux package selected. Few things are pushing me to reconsider. Namely the front collision/ACC sensor in the lower bumper and the grill mounted camera. So far the 4WP winch bumper and the factory Ford winch mount both block the factory camera. Not a big deal for the standard/mid package guys, but anyone with the high/lux package is gonna have to wait for someone to develop a hidden winch bumper (looking at you ARB). Even with that you’re still looking at relocating the front ACC sensor (and possibly the intercooler) and having a bumper with provisions for front sensors...meh. I’d rather have the winch bumper of my choice over cameras.

Also worried about owning a tech loaded newer car outside the warranty period. Did some reading and it seems a lot of people with higher optioned vehicles have a not insignificant number of issues with tech as the vehicle approaches 5-7 years old or older. I’d like to avoid that if possible, especially on a convertible that will most likely get rained on at some point in it’s life. Don’t think the wireless charger, heated seats, steering wheel or auto dimming mirror would like being ....

You also get a heck of a payload boost if you leave off the tech features. Decisions decisions...either gonna get a hell of a bumper to bumper warranty or swap my build to standard and use the extra $ for off-road mods.

Does anyone know if the standard Bronco trim still comes with a 12V plug in the rear? Thinking of future fridge mount/power needs. And the standard only comes with 2 USB plugs up front?

Pretty torn but I think I may be convincing myself to go with the minimalist standard trim more and more. Plus I REALLY don’t want all the driver assist features that the higher packages force you to get. Decision decisions.
ALL OF THIS.

Those systems fail, and arent cheap to fix.

More payload.

I dont need a SCREEEN on my dash, an 11 inch center stack, AND A cell phone recording trail footage. Caught that part right? SO far the trail recordings seem to be VIA cell phone with performance pass adding telemetry to the video.

I was on the fence and went basic B. Too much to go wrong, dont need driving aids, more potential for issues.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else out there going Badlands but NOT getting MID, or adding sound deadening? Add a manual into that mix for ultra exclusivity... Any takers? Just curious how rare my girl will be. Unicorn status?

Not trying to debate your builds or why I did what I did.... You probably get it or you don't... but I am curious how alone I am.....
With the minimal choices for the bronco I highly doubt you will be alone, maybe in a minority for the first production run though.

I went that route with my '08 jeep, Rubicon with the only option being a block heater. Funny story about that, I was convinced I would have to order to get what I want (I always get exactly the options I want and nothing more, reduces buyers remorse that way). I walked into my home town dealer and asked the first salesperson I see to talk about the order, a young guy, and he insisted we look up in the dealer inventory to see if they have what I wanted. I laughed to myself and said OK, I knew there was no way in the world what I wanted would be on a lot anywhere. After all, what kind of a sales manager orders a stripped down Rubicon? And, who else, besides me, would even want that? Well, the dealer had the exact one, even the color, sitting on a lot down at their dealership in Lander, WY.

The moral of the story maybe, is that no matter how special you think you are, there is someone, many actually, out there just like you.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, gonna swap to the standard package tomorrow. Joining the bare bones Badlands club :cool:
Sponsored