First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
Changing my base steelies to sasquatch wheels/tires. I will remove the crash bars...what needs to be done at the "spare tire" area for the sasquatch wheel to fit...? Pictures if available! Thanks! That's another reason to love this forum, folks always helpful! thanks!
Sponsored

EaglesFan91

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only thing I have seen you may need to do is trim down the stops on the back of the swing gate where the tire rests or order a set they put on a SAS equipped vehicle. Other than should be good to put on.

If you want your third brake light to be a bit more visible look at adding an extender so it will sit up a bit higher than the tire.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think there is an “extender” that needs to added to the carrier for the extra tire width? Or not deal with it and put a put a cover on the base spare so ya don’t add extra weight to the tail gate (the spare is just to get ya to the to the tire store anyway)...

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The SAS tire will be a little CLOSER to the back of your car. Less than a quarter for an inch, so I would guess that you won't need to do anything, or just a little trim to make it perfect...

Ford Bronco Base to Sasquatch Spare tire change 1663256322125
Sponsored