First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey guys picking up BFG AT KO 285/75/16 today on base wheels. What PSI are you guys running on that setup? Or any guidance about where to start with those. My local tire shop loves to over inflate tires
Sponsored

mitchxc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys picking up BFG AT KO 285/75/16 today on base wheels. What PSI are you guys running on that setup? Or any guidance about where to start with those. My local tire shop loves to over inflate tires
I just got this size tire on base wheels put on 2 days ago and they put them at 38psi. But honestly I’m not sure what they should be at either? The Ford app says 35 but that was assuming stock OBX.

OP
OP

fhotchki

Base
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just got this size tire on base wheels put on 2 days ago and they put them at 38psi. But honestly I’m not sure what they should be at either? The Ford app says 35 but that was assuming stock OBX.

Thanks. How does it ride?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is nothing magic about PSI. It is based on the weight of the vehicle. The door sticker suggested PSI is based on GVWR for the specific size tire indicated on the sticker only. If you are no where near gross weight, you do not need that much PSI. If you a running a different size or type tire as listed on the sticker, it doesn't mean any thing.

Figure out how much weight you need to support. Then find your tire size on a chart like this: How to apply the load inflation tables (toyotires.com)
Make sure you get the right table for P-metric, LT, etc. This will give you a good starting point for what your PSI should be.

The more weight you have, the more PSI you need. If you have a 4dr with 4 of today's average size Americans on board plus skids, winch, etc. You need a lot more PSI than the guy in a 2dr running topless, no winch, etc. It's all about weight.

Last edited:
OP
OP

fhotchki

Base
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is nothing magic about PSI. It is based on the weight of the vehicle. The door sticker suggested PSI is based on GVWR for the specific size tire indicated on the sticker only. If you are no where near gross weight, you do not need that much PSI. If you a running a different size or type tire as listed on the sticker, it doesn't mean any thing.

Figure out how much weight you need to support. Then find your tire size on a chart like this: How to apply the load inflation tables (toyotires.com)
Make sure you get the right table for P-metric, LT, etc. This will give you a good starting point for what your PSI should be.
Thanks

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

White works so well on the base Bronco! Looks fire 🔥

Like @kodiakisland says, pressure varies depending on usage. You can load up with typical cargo and occupancy and do a chalk test:
https://www.intercotire.com/using_chalk_method_determining_psi

I've gone from the stock 40 down to 35 on my 315's and I'm probably still overinflated for what I do so I'll be reducing the rears even more and running a chalk test to see how it works out. A wider tire needs less pressure than a narrower tire to support a given weight. Overinflated is safer than underinflated but neither are great for tire wear or handling.

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you have any more pictures of the bronco with these tires? Looks perfect. I was gonna had different rims and tires to my base model but I think im gonna run the stock steelies and 285/75r16. It just complements the retro look. Thanks