Sponsored

Bash plate order and RCI slider question.

Sdjohnson

Wildtrak
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey all,

First question, anyone order the bash plates from Ford Accessories recently? I'm wondering how long to expect to wait before they arrive at the dealer? I ordered the complete package.

Second question, I also ordered the RCI rock sliders. From what I've researched, to install them I need to loosen the gas tank skid plate to install them. With this in mind, would it be better to install the sliders first, then install the ford oem gas tank skid? Or vice versa? Just want to do it the easiest way possible.

Thanks!

UPDATE: The bash plates came super quick. Just shy a week and they were already at the dealership. Now just waiting on the RCI sliders.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was looking at the RCI fuel tank skid plate recently, and IIRC the instructions for it say to install their sliders first, if installing both. I would guess same goes for the Ford plate.

OP
OP

Sdjohnson

Wildtrak
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks! That's what I figured.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all,

First question, anyone order the bash plates from Ford Accessories recently? I'm wondering how long to expect to wait before they arrive at the dealer? I ordered the complete package.

Second question, I also ordered the RCI rock sliders. From what I've researched, to install them I need to loosen the gas tank skid plate to install them. With this in mind, would it be better to install the sliders first, then install the ford oem gas tank skid? Or vice versa? Just want to do it the easiest way possible.

Thanks!
I have the RCI Fuel tank skid and sliders and you should install the fuel tank skid first. We did a video of the sliders and showed how we did the fuel skid bolts.

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The slider bracket should go between the frame and the skid plate bracket. On my 2 door (factory gas tank skid) I only had to loosen a couple skid plate bolts in addition to the one that got removed and slid slider bracket in.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sdjohnson

Wildtrak
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the RCI Fuel tank skid and sliders and you should install the fuel tank skid first. We did a video of the sliders and showed how we did the fuel skid bolts.

Thanks. I'll check out the video.

OP
OP

Sdjohnson

Wildtrak
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The slider bracket should go between the frame and the skid plate bracket. On my 2 door (factory gas tank skid) I only had to loosen a couple skid plate bolts in addition to the one that got removed and slid slider bracket in.
Thanks for the info!
Sponsored