Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
unless you are doing serious off roading, bash plates are really not necessary.
I wouldn't say that...for those doing a lot less than "serious"; I would want protection. If you run rocky trails at all, I would at least want the factory BL/BD plates, and heavier duty than that if "serious".
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Stay bar disconnect not a required feature for you? I would think that it would be easy to have something like what is on the Badlands wired to an Aux switch to disconnect the front stay bar.

Sorry for the novelā€¦.I could talk about this for daysā€¦.
I shortened the novel above on purpose. The 2 door already has the gas tank armor and the other armor doesn't seem to hard to make (considering that I am planning to build a custom bumper). So that's why I wasn't worried about not getting the BL/BD. The MOD bumper won't work with ACC anyway.

Now with regards to the SBD, I am hopeful that an easy to use/access manual SBD will be available, because it is really clear that the Sway Bar Disconnect greatly enhances the capability of the Bronco. I can certainly live without a front locking differential or the sway bar disconnect, but if I could only pick one - I would pick the SBD.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I shortened the novel above on purpose. The 2 door already has the gas tank armor and the other armor doesn't seem to hard to make (considering that I am planning to build a custom bumper). So that's why I wasn't worried about not getting the BL/BD. The MOD bumper won't work with ACC anyway.

Now with regards to the SBD, I am hopeful that an easy to use/access manual SBD will be available, because it is really clear that the Sway Bar Disconnect greatly enhances the capability of the Bronco. I can certainly live without a front locking differential or the sway bar disconnect, but if I could only pick one - I would pick the SBD.
I guess I should say I will be a four door. šŸ¤£

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stay bar disconnect not a required feature for you? i plan on squatching whatever I get, so I will have 35s with front and rear lockers. I did get to test drive a Wildtrak for a day while my truck was in service and loved it. I wonā€™t be in a position to need Baja mode, so the thought of a Wildtrak is out the window, although I loved the seats.

I want the stay bar disconnect, but think it is much more of a want than need. I would love to video of someone taking anything OTHER than a Badlands on the Rubicon trail or Moab doing some serious crawling.

If I am not going Badlands, my next choice is the Black Diamond. All the same GOAT modes as Wildtrak, except switching Rock Crawl and Baja. Pluses to Black Diamond is steel bumpers and armor underneath. The interior is not my decision making point because I think all are serviceable and good. MGV seems to be a fan favorite and Iā€™ll try to work on picking up some Wildtrak seat covers as I know there are people putting on other options after pickup.

If GOAT modes donā€™t matter, as in I am just going to pick my modes, such as 4A, choose which lockers engaged, etc, I may push down into the base model and then just build from there as I save a few bucks here and there.

Really, for me, I think it is going to come down to the Stay bar disconnect. If there were people out there wheeling their rigs with the stay bar connected and still going over things that Loren Healy was doing in the Fun-Haver, I would not hesitate to get a non-Badlands trim. I sent a message on the fun-haver website and hoping to hear back. I do not plan on crawling under my Bronco at trail heads to disconnect my stay bar and tie it up and out of the way.

I would think that it would be easy to have something like what is on the Badlands wired to an Aux switch to disconnect the front stay bar. When power is applied is disconnects. When power is lost or turned off, the stay bar reconnects. Open/closed circuit. It would not talk to any of the GOAT modes, but I donā€™t care about thatā€¦.

Sorry for the novelā€¦.I could talk about this for daysā€¦.

Personally I would not get hung up on the disconnect. In one of his videos, he actually climbed something in Moab and you can hear them say something about the sway bar, and he responded with, "I forgot to turn that on" (meaning it was left connected).

I just got back from the Moab off Rodeo, and I was in a wild trak, which of course does not have the disconnect. They were no issues. I got that thing up on three wheels all the time (ironically inside the cab you can barely tell you lifted a tire).

And, in front of me was a badlands who is lifting tires everywhere I was. It's just a nature of IFS.

In addition, of course this is just speculation, but many people think they will be some sort of aftermarket sway bar disconnect similar to what Wranglers can get.

The only other thing that I may mention, is that some folks had said that the disconnect does allow for a smoother ride. I don't know how true that is or not, But unless you're into serious rock crawling, you don't need a disconnect to get over pretty decent obstacles.

IMO, The key is Sasquatch because of the larger tires, but moreover the front locker.

I would not hesitate to order either a black diamond, or a big bend with the Mid package as long as they were Sasquatched.

Oh.. One more thing. You commented about the 4A... That is not for off-road use. That's for on-road only. The one thing I learned at the rodeo, was a side of sport and Baja modes, The best mode for off roading is simply normal, and you manually press the 4L button and then have the two locker buttons at your fingertips.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol... Having off roaded in Moab without a Disconnect I'm the opposite. Larger tires at a front locker was way more critical than a sway bar disconnect. We went over things that I just can't see something without a front locker being able to do (well without being significantly modified).

But stock, two lockers and 35-in wheels is a winner.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol... Having off roaded in Moab without a Disconnect I'm the opposite. Larger tires at a front locker was way more critical than a sway bar disconnect. We went over things that I just can't see something without a front locker being able to do (well without being significantly modified).

But stock, two lockers and 35-in wheels is a winner.

That's interesting feedback. I was considering something like a Torsen for the front axle to get past my lack of sasquatch, it's not as heavy duty as the M210, but it would do the trick in 99.275% of what I would likely attempt.

I agree that 32" tires are too small, I went with some 33.5" tall tires, kind of a happy median between the 35's and the 32's. I will also probably do a 1" spacer lift.

As far as the Adv 4x4, it does have the lower gearing for off-road (I thought that there was at least one other feature related to it, but I couldn't find it).

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As far as the Adv 4x4, it does have the lower gearing for off-road (I thought that there was at least one other feature related to it, but I couldn't find it).
You mean besides the "A" feature šŸ˜

They seem to mate that transfer case with Sasquatch, I'm not sure if you can get for a without sas watch but maybe (BL?).

Personally I really liked the 4A for roads with either rain or spotty snow.

Ironically that's one of the downsides with Jeep. Their 4A also gets you front CV axles instead of the U joints So you're getting a little "hidden change" They don't disclose on their website.

But with Bronco, I wasn't as concerned because they pair it with their off-road package (aka Sasquatch).

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Personally I would not get hung up on the disconnect. In one of his videos, he actually climbed something in Moab and you can hear them say something about the sway bar, and he responded with, "I forgot to turn that on" (meaning it was left connected).

I just got back from the Moab off Rodeo, and I was in a wild trak, which of course does not have the disconnect. They were no issues. I got that thing up on three wheels all the time (ironically inside the cab you can barely tell you lifted a tire).

And, in front of me was a badlands who is lifting tires everywhere I was. It's just a nature of IFS.

In addition, of course this is just speculation, but many people think they will be some sort of aftermarket sway bar disconnect similar to what Wranglers can get.

The only other thing that I may mention, is that some folks had said that the disconnect does allow for a smoother ride. I don't know how true that is or not, But unless you're into serious rock crawling, you don't need a disconnect to get over pretty decent obstacles.

IMO, The key is Sasquatch because of the larger tires, but moreover the front locker.

I would not hesitate to order either a black diamond, or a big bend with the Mid package as long as they were Sasquatched.

Oh.. One more thing. You commented about the 4A... That is not for off-road use. That's for on-road only. The one thing I learned at the rodeo, was a side of sport and Baja modes, The best mode for off roading is simply normal, and you manually press the 4L button and then have the two locker buttons at your fingertips.
Thank you for your info. That is probably one of the better posts/replies Iā€™ve had coming back to me. There is definitely a lot to learn and consider. I keep coming back to the Black Diamond again and again. I suppose that is where I am supposed to be. I just donā€™t want buyerā€™s remorse thinking I should have bought a Badlands.

When driving the Wildtrak for a day, I was smiling from ear to ear all day. In the end, we really need to stick to our budget and try not to be car poorā€¦.

I may even save $5k and say the heck with it, stay at a base interior and push all the way down to a Base Sasquatch. It gives me everything I need right?!?!? Then go aftermarket for bumpers and under armor as time and money allow. In the end, Iā€™m not sure how often Iā€™ll use GOAT modes, except sportā€¦.Iā€™m more apt to pick what drivetrain mode Iā€™m in and which lockers Iā€™m using.

Now if we can just get a few more options into the Base lineup since we lost two cool colors. Maybe a Cactus Gray????

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for your info. That is probably one of the better posts/replies Iā€™ve had coming back to me. There is definitely a lot to learn and consider. I keep coming back to the Black Diamond again and again. I suppose that is where I am supposed to be. I just donā€™t want buyerā€™s remorse thinking I should have bought a Badlands.

When driving the Wildtrak for a day, I was smiling from ear to ear all day. In the end, we really need to stick to our budget and try not to be car poorā€¦.

I may even save $5k and say the heck with it, stay at a base interior and push all the way down to a Base Sasquatch. It gives me everything I need right?!?!? Then go aftermarket for bumpers and under armor as time and money allow. In the end, Iā€™m not sure how often Iā€™ll use GOAT modes, except sportā€¦.Iā€™m more apt to pick what drivetrain mode Iā€™m in and which lockers Iā€™m using.

Now if we can just get a few more options into the Base lineup since we lost two cool colors. Maybe a Cactus Gray????
Yeah alot to think about. Just be careful with the Base. I mean it is seriously stripped down (can you even get Mid on it)

I swear I saw a pic of a Base interior and they didn't even have the grab handles!

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah alot to think about. Just be careful with the Base. I mean it is seriously stripped down (can you even get Mid on it)

I swear I saw a pic of a Base interior and they didn't even have the grab handles!
Yeahā€¦.The reality is that Iā€™m leaning towards a Black Diamond. It has everything I want except the Stay Bar disconnect. I really like the Wildtrak seats, so will be looking for those skins. I already have a line on a set if I decide I donā€™t like MGV.

I view the Wildtrak and Black Diamond on the same level except for one GOAT mode. Obviously there are differences, but for what I want they are pretty similar.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah alot to think about. Just be careful with the Base. I mean it is seriously stripped down (can you even get Mid on it). I swear I saw a pic of a Base interior and they didn't even have the grab handles!
No, you can't get the mid pack on it.

Depending on what you are looking for, in general, most people are going to be happier with mid pack and above.

The base has many features that we take for granted today, but modern cars are rather remarkable today. What we considered expensive options in the past are practically necessities today.

Most people looking to spend between 30-40k are going to be looking at a mid pack BB or BD.

Above 40k the OBX and BL start to shine as the obvious choices, especially since they are the only ones with high and lux packages.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

This was my exact same experience at the Las Vegas Off Roadeo. I drove a Wildtrak and went over, around, and through anything that I wanted and never really missed the sway bar disconnect. As da_Jokker said, you get plenty of capability out of the 35-inch tires and SAS. I got a tire suspended in the air a few times, but nothing that stalled me. I also think the front locker is undervalued. There were a couple times going up ledges where it really helped. Iā€™m sure there are situations where the SBD will help, but after my Off Roadeo experience, I quit stressing over my selection of WT over Badlands.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, you can't get the mid pack on it.

Depending on what you are looking for, in general, most people are going to be happier with mid pack and above.

The base has many features that we take for granted today, but modern cars are rather remarkable today. What we considered expensive options in the past are practically necessities today.

Most people looking to spend between 30-40k are going to be looking at a mid pack BB or BD.

Above 40k the OBX and BL start to shine as the obvious choices, especially since they are the only ones with high and lux packages.
Priced out, 2021 before taxes at the prices Iā€™ve been given after discounts (approx, rounded up or down), all being 4 door SAS, soft top.

Base with Base Interior, $42k

BB with Mid Interior, $46K

BD with Mid Interior $46.5k

BL with Mid Interior $50.5k

BL with Base Interior $48.5k

Wildtrak with Mid Interior $50k

With trying to get the most well rounded Bronco I can, while staying as low as I reasonably can with budget. I think I am at the Black Diamond. It gives me rubber floors, steel bumpers, armor underneath. I think it gives me the best bang for my buck based on what Iā€™d like to have, what I would try to upgrade on any other model and would like but think I can live without, such as Stay Bar disconnect and cloth seats.

Anyone else going they this process that has input would be great since so wasnā€™t picked up for a 21MY. I feel like I am missing something.

I am really enjoying all feedback and read every post. THANK YOU šŸ™šŸ˜

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't understand why people give a shit about goat modes. Cars have been coming with different modes for years and very few actually do anything. Pretty much just cars with electronically adjustable suspension or exhaust flaps...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Priced out, 2021 before taxes at the prices Iā€™ve been given after discounts (approx, rounded up or down), all being 4 door SAS, soft top.

Base with Base Interior, $42k

BB with Mid Interior, $46K

BD with Mid Interior $46.5k

BL with Mid Interior $50.5k

BL with Base Interior $48.5k

Wildtrak with Mid Interior $50k

With trying to get the most well rounded Bronco I can, while staying as low as I reasonably can with budget. I think I am at the Black Diamond. It gives me rubber floors, steel bumpers, armor underneath. I think it gives me the best bang for my buck based on what Iā€™d like to have, what I would try to upgrade on any other model and would like but think I can live without, such as Stay Bar disconnect and cloth seats.

Anyone else going they this process that has input would be great since so wasnā€™t picked up for a 21MY. I feel like I am missing something.

I am really enjoying all feedback and read every post. THANK YOU šŸ™šŸ˜
I didn't double check your prices but based on what you listed, this is why a WT is so appealing. You get mid, aux switches, 2.7, auto, Sasquatch, 4A, MIC (?), Baja, Sport, and all for only 4k more.

You just can't beat it unless you really want that wash out interior.
Sponsored