Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone know if the Ford front bash plates will fit in place of the plastic ones on the Base with the plastic bumper? I’m looking for a new steel bumper down the road, but in the meantime I’d like to swap out my plastic ones with the Ford metal ones if possible.

On build and price for the Base, when you select bash plates it forces you to also include the modular front bumper. I’m just not sure if that’s because they physically won’t fit with the plastic bumper or if it’s just because Ford wants to group them together as a package as they think most people would want both for off-roading.

Thanks!!
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if the Ford front bash plates will fit in place of the plastic ones on the Base with the plastic bumper? I’m looking for a new steel bumper down the road, but in the meantime I’d like to swap out my plastic ones with the Ford metal ones if possible.

On build and price for the Base, when you select bash plates it forces you to also include the modular front bumper. I’m just not sure if that’s because they physically won’t fit with the plastic bumper or if it’s just because Ford wants to group them together as a package as they think most people would want both for off-roading.

Thanks!!
Will not fit without the modular bumper.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks!!
There’s another member on here who has installed one and he cut the recovery hooks off to get the front bash plate to fit. I’ll copy and paste his comment below. I’m picking up my skids this week and over the weekend I plan to do the same thing but try and make it work with the plastic base bumper for time being till a aftermarket winch bumper I like is available.

“I just installed the oem skid plates on my Base with SAS and I don’t have the modular bumper either. To fit the front skid plate, I had to cut off the tow hooks for the front lip of the plate to sit flush with that mount. I was fine with cutting them off since they were useless with the aftermarket bumper I installed. The other two small plates had no problems.
For the gas tank skid I waited until the tank itself was under half full, because you have to take off the existing straps holding it up. I used tie wire to hold it up temporarily, took off the straps, bolted up the new skid loosely, cut the wires out, and tightened everything up. Overall, pretty simple, but the tank skid is heavy.
The skid plate kit sold for a 4 door has everything you need, including bolts and instructions. Only thing it lacks is the correct mount up front if you want to keep tow hooks.”
Sponsored