Sponsored

Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD. Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered an OBX with SAS, MOD BUMPER, thought that the steel bash plates were steel till I climbed under and to my amassment they were cheep plastic. One rock or snow drift and that cheep plastic skid plate would be junk. Has anyone else have this same problem? I have contacted my dealership to look into the problem.
Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed 3E68D637-4FBB-47C8-9A96-42BBB8F9195A
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The bash plate towards the very front (basically under the bumper) should be steel. Beyond that, OBX doesn’t offer any more skid plates. So the plastic you are seeing are probably “protection”, but not bash plates by any means.

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The bash plate towards the very front (basically under the bumper) should be steel. Beyond that, OBX doesn’t offer any more skid plates. So the plastic you are seeing are probably “protection”, but not bash plates by any means.
I ordered the steel plates and they showed up plastic not too happy. It‘s on my window sticker

Sponsored
OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe they didn’t show up yet? Sometimes upgrades ship separate and the dealer puts them on. On the suburban z71 package they don’t come with running boards anymore. They are shipped to the dealer and they put them on.

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe they didn’t show up yet? Sometimes upgrades ship separate and the dealer puts them on. On the suburban z71 package they don’t come with running boards anymore. They are shipped to the dealer and they put them on.
Maybe

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered an OBX with SAS, MOD BUMPER, thought that the steel bash plates were steel till I climbed under and to my amassment they were cheep plastic. One rock or snow drift and that cheep plastic skid plate would be junk. Has anyone else have this same problem? I have contacted my dealership to look into the problem.
The bash plate is steel but otherwise than that there are no skid plates. Kind of disappointing but you'll have to look aftermarket.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only the plate under the mod bumper is steel on the obx. I had to order the hash plates separately from ford got $640 bucks and have them installed.

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please keep us updated. Would like to know outcome as well. Hope all works out.
I was also missing the upgraded floor mats and the bag for the 2nd row roof panel

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Only the plate under the mod bumper is steel on the obx. I had to order the hash plates separately from ford got $640 bucks and have them installed.
That’s what I thought but mine came in plastic junk I wanted the steel
Sponsored