plumbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Putting a non-polar capacitor (bass blocker) in line with your kick panel speaker is perfecly fine. This is just a low order - high pass filter and will not cause harm. In fact, it could be considered half of a crossover to your subwoofer (assuming that it has a low pass filter applied).

Most of us are amping the kick panel, and will select a high pass value based on our system. In these cases, the kick panels would be high passed above 60, 80, or 120 Hz. If not amped, all frequencies supplied by the head unit will go to the kick panels.

You can acheive a similar high pass frequency (say 75Hz) by putting in single large capacitor, or by putting in two 150Hz bass blockers in parallel (assuming that the 150Hz rating is for 4 ohms). I have done this in the past, and it works fine to limit low or sub-bass input to woofers. However, in this case I think that your JBL nano will want all the help that it can get, and I would not go to the effort of "bass blocking" your kick panel speakers.
I didn't put a bass blocker on the kick panel.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I understand using Base blockers on the front dash speakers, but do I even need the 300 Hz blockers in the rear pods since that channels output is limited by the head unit anyway?
I appreciate the help.
I installed 4'' Kickers on the front and rear speakers. I did NOT use base blockers on the front and they sound amazing.

I also put sound deadening material on the side panels of the truck and in the speaker compartments.

406g

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well thanks to the sound advice I got from reading all the information I could dig up on this site I have a sound system that I am extremely happy with for less than $500.00.
300 Hz bass blockers on the front 4" speakers is the only base blockers I used, and the JBL BASSPRO NANO under the front seat fills the interior with more than enough bass!
And no distortion from any of the speakers since 15 on the volume knob is plenty loud for my 56 year old ears playing 80's rock.
😎🎸🎹🎶🥁😎
Thanks.
Do you have any photos of the sub installed under the seat? Drivers seat or passenger?
Sponsored