Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My rig will be arriving with the B&O system and i plan to upgrade the 4" speakers right off the bat. I've read that the B&O amp has it built in. If i don't need them i won't get them. I've seen video's on the base 6 speaker system and it made a big difference. Much appreciated
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anxious for ice mountain prisoners to be freed so the audiophiles can figure out the B&O upgrades instead of me guessing at it. Seems base audio has lots of info but not much on Lux package.

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My guess is no. Looking at the schematic the IP right/left, kick panel and subwoofer are out of dsp/amp while center and rear pods are out of head unit. Most likely are crossed over in dsp with a high pass filter on tweeter of coaxial IP speakers. Hopefully will know soon as the EDD clock started today!
Ford Bronco do B&O 4" speakers need bass blockers? C8425BE8-82BD-495F-98F2-B2A94E572577

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My rig will be arriving with the B&O system and i plan to upgrade the 4" speakers right off the bat. I've read that the B&O amp has it built in. If i don't need them i won't get them. I've seen video's on the base 6 speaker system and it made a big difference. Much appreciated
did you find a good answer for this?

Sponsored

E. J

Big Bend
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SCab 4X4 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd suspect no bass blocker is needed coming from my car audio experience going back to my Chevy Vans in the 80's. Keep any bass you can get. Bass disappears on the highway--not litterally. Speakers that can actually produce bass sounds are what I want. I'd rather be able to reduce it with variable controls then something unchangeable.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even my 2021 base stereo had filters on the 4" speakers, so I doubt you'd need them for the B&O.

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd suspect no bass blocker is needed coming from my car audio experience going back to my Chevy Vans in the 80's. Keep any bass you can get. Bass disappears on the highway--not litterally. Speakers that can actually produce bass sounds are what I want. I'd rather be able to reduce it with variable controls then something unchangeable.
4 inch speakers arent meant for big bass production. If you're putting more power into them, then it's worth using bass blockers to get more volume without damaging them.

I damaged the cone of my 4 inch speakers because of this. Had to replace it. Put bass blockers on them and now they scream.

This all depends on if the stereo or amp is already filtering the bass out, of course.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The B&O system from the factory has a Midrange Speaker in the Center Dash, Kick Panels and Rear Pods with Coaxial in the Dash Corners. The B&O Amp also has a DSP that is configured to those type of speakers.

I have changed out all the speakers with No Bass Blockers in my 2-Door B&O System. There is a GREAT improvement in sound over stock speakers. Kicker Sub included. No Amp added. Actually sounds pretty damn good!

However, I do not have Midrange Speakers in the Kick Panels or Rear Pods. I may do this next. For Science, of course.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I changed out the speakers and after trying 3 different bass blockers, I chose to run without. I think the dsp in the b&o already does so from the amp.
Sponsored