First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Karl_in_Chicago front dash and rear pods on my ‘22 are the same part number (M2DT-18808-AB) and both have capacitors
IMG_1911.jpeg
Thanks for the research! Makes sense that they'd source the same units, simpler BOM/co$t and all, just wasn't certain. So anyone "unlocking" the rears on the standard head unit via Forscan needn't be concerned with if they need BB's on the rears - they are already there! Now quality of the signal and ability of the speaker to process it . . . that's why we're all here. 😉
Sponsored

sbonomo

Wildtrak
First Name
stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3/F-150 XL eco beast
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
100% for sure add the bass blockers. I didn't even think about it when i originally had the speakers and kicker amp installed. After the fact i installed a set of 300hz bass blockers to the front and it made a world of difference. You can add more bass to the entire system through the head unit and the sound is so much clearer. Now i am on to figuring out how to add an acceptable amount of bass to the entire system which is still severely lacking without adding a box or spending a gazillion dollars on a custom box that goes in the factory location. My current plan is to add a pair of 6.5" bass woofers in place of the worthless rear pods!

ttps://amzn.to/357eFVu these work really well and are easy to install.

OP
OP
Robchavous

Robchavous

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I tossed some 300hz blockers in with my Crutchfield order.

jcdrico

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
100% for sure add the bass blockers. I didn't even think about it when i originally had the speakers and kicker amp installed. After the fact i installed a set of 300hz bass blockers to the front and it made a world of difference. You can add more bass to the entire system through the head unit and the sound is so much clearer. Now i am on to figuring out how to add an acceptable amount of bass to the entire system which is still severely lacking without adding a box or spending a gazillion dollars on a custom box that goes in the factory location. My current plan is to add a pair of 6.5" bass woofers in place of the worthless rear pods!

ttps://amzn.to/357eFVu these work really well and are easy to install.
Sorry im just getting into upgrading came upon your post. How do these bb install. Thanks

sbonomo

Wildtrak
First Name
stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3/F-150 XL eco beast
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry im just getting into upgrading came upon your post. How do these bb install. Thanks
Very easy. You wire the bass blocker directly to the positive wire (i just bought a basic electrical connection kit from harbor freight - clipped the positive wire, used a crimp tool to connect the blocker and reattached the positive wire to the speaker). The hardest part was getting the grill off. I broke one so be extra careful. see picture of what it should look like: wiring pic. Do this on both speaker and you are done. It only took about 30-min for both sides.

CSheya

Base
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco, GMC Sierra Denali HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are bass blockers needed if replacing front dash speakers?

I'm planning to install Kicker KS 4" speakers in the dash / rear pods and put a CompRT 6.75" in the factory sub box with a Fusion amp. Obviously doing the Forscan changes to get power back to the rear.

I've seen some conflicting info on the usefullness of bass blockers in the dash. Just trying to get a consensus on if they are needed with my planned setup.
I just installed Infinity REF-4032CFX Reference 4 Inch Two-Way Car Audio Speakers in the dash on my 22 base 2dr-
without bass blockers and they sound so much better than expected, the bass response is great and the entire range so crisp. I am going to add them to the rear pods as well. Then I will add the Infinity Basslink SM2- Powered, 8” Underseat Subwoofer on the drivers side and report back. I may then add the infinity 6.5" in the kicker panel if I feel it's needed.
I'm doing 1 step at a time to see the progression of each add-on.
The sub has a remote bass level boost so I will keep the bass slightly lower on the OEM unit and higher on the sub. I don't do Forscan, Mac only house....
Sponsored