Sponsored

BD 7spd + Mid inquiry

Should black diamond be allowed manual + Mid?

• Total voters

dabush1980

Black Diamond
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the options I wanted with BD, but looks like Ford wants you to upgrade two models and pay almost 50k for it. Kind of ridiculous that you can not get a model for 40k with manual and mid package.

BME16

Black Diamond
First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 135i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Made initial res based on BD + 7spd manual & mid package. Would love to see that as a possibility.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And for another $14 I can get this to keep my hands warm, AND it will match the accent color as well!!
1607600709432.png
Are those velocity blue? Perfect for the Black Diamond!

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Poll Flame me if you wish, but I am curious how many would do bd Manual + Mid if the option was to be allowed? I am pretty disappointed we are forced to BL for mid features for no apparent reason.
I support this mainly because I want it extended down to Big Bend. Was completely ready to pony up for ManSquatch and Mid. Would have my perfect Bronco. And then they play games to try and squeeze even more money out of me.

Was already bad enough realizing they did this in the first place with base 4-doors and the manual...then had this happen again. I still want a Bronco and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but the games the product marketing team played with contenting mean I have a pretty negative impression of this company before even getting behind the wheel.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I support this mainly because I want it extended down to Big Bend. Was completely ready to pony up for ManSquatch and Mid. Would have my perfect Bronco. And then they play games to try and squeeze even more money out of me.

Was already bad enough realizing they did this in the first place with base 4-doors and the manual...then had this happen again. I still want a Bronco and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but the games the product marketing team played with contenting mean I have a pretty negative impression of this company before even getting behind the wheel.
Atlanta you can get heated seats on Big Bend. And if B&P can believed, the heated seats on Big Bend don't cost extra. You just have to get the desert tan instead of gray.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wishful thinking, the heating element is not a component of the cover or the foam, so to think an allocation of extra sandstone covers would be heated doesn't hold water. Definitely a misprint.
The weirder part is the original trim-level comparison chart lists heated seats as a standard feature on Big Bend. So it's also may be a misprint that the gray doesn't say heated.?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Atlanta you can get heated seats on Big Bend. And if B&P can believed, the heated seats on Big Bend don't cost extra. You just have to get the desert tan instead of gray.
I don't follow what you just said (Atlanta?!), but I know none of it reflects Ford's current option structure - or even what B&P shows.

Yes, Big Bend lets you get heated seats through Mid just as you can on Black Diamond - and in any interior color, for that matter - but as is the case on Black Diamond, Mid is not available with a stick. Hence my post (and frustration with Ford).

Last edited:

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't follow what you just said (Atlanta?!), but I know none of it reflects Ford's current option structure - or even what B&P shows.

Yes, Big Bend lets you get heated seats through Mid just as you can on Black Diamond - and in any interior color, for that matter - but as is the case on Black Diamond, Mid is not available with a stick. Hence my post (and frustration with Ford).
DANG AUTO CORRECT!
"at least" not "Atlanta"

B&P lets you get heated seats without mid-package on BB, so supposedly that will be the cheapest route to heated seats with a manual. And several places on Ford's website mentions heated seats as standard on BB. So maybe there's a bunch of errors, but I'd be tempted to do BB just for the cheap locker option and the hot seats if it weren't for the fact that I dislike the way it looks.?

Last edited:

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

DANG AUTO CORRECT!
"at least" not "Atlanta"

B&P let's you get heated seats without mid-package on BB, so supposedly that will be the cheapest route to heated seats with a manual. And several places on Ford's website mentions heated seats as standard on BB. So maybe there's a bunch of errors, but I'd be tempted to do BB just for the cheap locker option and the hot seats if it weren't for the fact that I dislike the way it looks.?
You must have a magical build and price tool that I don't, as I see ***no*** way to add heated seats on Big Bend 2- and 4-doors on the B&P tool apart from actually selecting the Mid package (ctrl-f, and type "heated," and the only thing it highlights is the content that comes with Mid...). And changing the interior hue to sandstone doesn't do anything to change this...

And if this is one of those mentions you...uh, mentioned...read carefully. Everything I see for BB presently on the page indicates heated seats are simply available. I want to give their copywriter a big ol' dope slap after reading this...it's clear as mud unless you read between lines.

Ford Bronco BD 7spd + Mid inquiry 1607752446959

Believe me, if I'm wrong and there magically IS a way to add heated seats on a BB within B&P without tacking on Mid and abandoning my manual, I will eat a hat and consider this a Christmas miracle...but nothing I see (and after having confirmed all this with sources at Ford) says otherwise.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hopefully they sort it all out in the next couple of weeks. Quite a few orders would be getting switched around if they offered bd mid man. But they already got most of us backed into a badlsnds right where they want us
Badlands will never be in my budget and manual tranny is one of my few non-negotiables.

I am willing to push my budget up a few notches for hot seats, so Ford will be lose more than just the $1400 from me not getting mid, they will lose a ton because without heated seats in the BD, I will go back DOWN a trim level or two.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You must have a magical build and price tool that I don't, as I see ***no*** way to add heated seats on Big Bend 2- and 4-doors on the B&P tool apart from actually selecting the Mid package (ctrl-f, and type "heated," and the only thing it highlights is the content that comes with Mid...). And changing the interior hue to sandstone doesn't do anything to change this...

And if this is one of those mentions you...uh, mentioned...read carefully. Everything I see for BB presently on the page indicates heated seats are simply available. I want to give their copywriter a big ol' dope slap after reading this...it's clear as mud unless you read between lines.

Ford Bronco BD 7spd + Mid inquiry 1607752446959

Believe me, if I'm wrong and there magically IS a way to add heated seats on a BB within B&P without tacking on Mid and abandoning my manual, I will eat a hat and consider this a Christmas miracle...but nothing I see (and after having confirmed all this with sources at Ford) says otherwise.
Ford Bronco BD 7spd + Mid inquiry Screenshot_20201211-230329_Chrome

If I choose the Medium Sandstone it says heated seats on this info page and in the final build summary. I'll recheck, but unlike mid, I don't think it changed me to auto.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Screenshot_20201211-230329_Chrome.jpg

If I choose the Medium Sandstone it says heated seats on this info page and in the final build summary. I'll recheck, but unlike mid, I don't think it changed me to auto.
EDIT: okay, I see where you found it (under details) - but go ahead and add it, and see what it then lists under summary at the very end. No mention of heated seats.

Ford Bronco BD 7spd + Mid inquiry 1607753473943

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If that does magically add heated seats and a rear armrest (AND CUPHOLDERS!), I owe you a beer and my gratitude - and I'll absolutely be ordering sandstone in my BB.

(but I'm willing to bet it's a typo :cool: )
Sponsored