Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve narrowed it down to these two. Parameters are as follows; I’ve never done off roading but I plan to join the local club. Love to hike and want to do fire roads and beginners stuff. I live in New Hampshire
Do I need Rock crawl?
I prefer the interior of OBX and the LED lights. I’m not sure I want MGV or leather.
the only advantage I see in the BD is rock crawl.
I plan to get 2.7 and advanced 4x4.

I see BD has a plus of rock crawl
Minus no LED or cloth interior

OBX plus is interior and LED. Minus no rock crawl.

do I need RC ? I’m new to this so opinions Wanted.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve narrowed it down to these two. Parameters are as follows; I’ve never done off roading but I plan to join the local club. Love to hike and want to do fire roads and beginners stuff. I live in New Hampshire
Do I need Rock crawl?
I prefer the interior of OBX and the LED lights. I’m not sure I want MGV or leather.

It would be sad to pass on what you want to rock crawl, and then never rock crawl. You can do a lot of off road without ever crawling rocks. You need to watch videos of that and ask yourself if it's something you really want to do. But if you do, you'll want the BL for the sway disconnect.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do I need Rock crawl?

You first have to decide what you will be using your Bronco for. When you (or anyone) says rock crawling are you talking about MOAB type RC or just normal rock beds and some intermediate stuff like up in Sedona? With my Ranger I've done every trail in Sedona, some are easy and there are some tricky areas and to be honest I've never even used my rear locker once. Now I wouldn't take it to MOAB and expect it to climb the expert areas but you'd be surprised what you can do with a 4x4. I suspect most here (myself included) will never use their Badlands features to it's full potential. Most are going to be a DD with some weekend off roading which really the base model will handle just fine. I like all the tech (I have it now) so I really want the High package but the BD doesn't offer it.

Ford Bronco BD vs OBX opinion IMG_1492

Ford Bronco BD vs OBX opinion IMG_2617

Ford Bronco BD vs OBX opinion IMG_2618

Ford Bronco BD vs OBX opinion IMG_2603

OP
OP
Bertbronco

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You first have to decide what you will be using your Bronco for. When you (or anyone) says rock crawling are you talking about MOAB type RC or just normal rock beds and some intermediate stuff like up in Sedona? With my Ranger I've done every trail in Sedona, some are easy and there are some tricky areas and to be honest I've never even used my rear locker once. Now I wouldn't take it to MOAB and expect it to climb the expert areas but you'd be surprised what you can do with a 4x4. I suspect most here (myself included) will never use their Badlands features to it's full potential. Most are going to be a DD with some weekend off roading which really the base model will handle just fine. I like all the tech (I have it now) so I really want the High package but the BD doesn't offer it.

Thanks for feedback and pics.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bertbronco

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rock crawl? Are you talking about a goat mode? That is just software, most likely fairly pointless software to boot.
Yes talking about goat mode RC. OBX only has 6 modes. Hoping it’s still good for off road. Limited time I do it.

OP
OP
Bertbronco

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for feedback and pics.
I was thinking of getting the 21 Ranger with FX4 package. Will probably be enough for me and I love having a truck. I think it’ll look great in cactus gray.
Sponsored