Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get greedy when pricing out all the options on the B&P. I want it all. One good thing about the BD is, it stops me at the Mid package. Plus going with the 2.7 and currently thinking I'll get squatchy. BD keeps me just within my budgets while loading it out. But it should be a nice ride which ever model you go with. I can't wait to see these Bronco's on the streets and the trails.
This is exactly right. I drive like maybe 10 miles a week (work from home) and 90% of my off roading will be during hunting seasons in California, Idaho, and sometimes Wyoming. Thats it. Maybe 7500 miles a year. I don't need BL or WT but I want them. I was intent on just doing OBX but it is $54k when I am done. BD keeps me from going overboard for sure, lol.
Sponsored

Clint Callahan

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me, it was more about not buying stuff I'll never use, like a disconnect that I don't know what you do with unless you're crawling rocks, and the front locker unless I do something super stupid...you do get those BFG 33's....but it's quite a cost step up. Oh, and the signature lights.
One huge factor for me is if I’ll be able to add the lights to a BD later. Obviously you’ll be able to, but I’m sure they’ll find a way to charge you a grand for them. IMO, very bronco should come with the LED signature lights. It’s 2020... if a base bronco can’t be bought for under $30,000, I would expect it to come with the signature lights ford has. My wife bought a Mazda CX-5 for $23,000 and it has LED everything. Such a cut corner cop out from ford ??‍♂

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I'm torn between 'this might be the last truck I ever buy, so go for it!' to the accountant in me saying, 'no!'.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sway bar disconnect being with a flip of a switch would be nice if you are out climbing some mountains where it’s freezing outside and don’t want to get out to unbolt the sway bar but you are correct. Realistically it’s not “needed” as you can remove the other sway bars manually. Buts it’s a cool feature to have if you are on some trails where you need to get up some rocks, click off sway bar, climb said rocks, click on sway bar and away you go
I'm not sure I'm going to get that deep off road where disconnecting the swaybar is absolutely necessary. But my concern is it's an electrical assembly that is under the car exposed to the most hostile environment, which tells me it will eventually break. It looks like an expensive assembly to repair or replace: electric motor, position sensor, gear set.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure I'm going to get that deep off road where disconnecting the swaybar is absolutely necessary. But my concern is it's an electrical assembly that is under the car exposed to the most hostile environment, which tells me it will eventually break. It looks like an expensive assembly to repair or replace: electric motor, position sensor, gear set.
I agree but I can’t see it not being able to be replaced with a normal sway bar once it does break. Normal sway bars won’t be that expensive and will be easy to put on once the electronic one fails

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is there really a big deal about incandescent tail lights vs. LED other than LED is "cool"

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree but I can’t see it not being able to be replaced with a normal sway bar once it does break. Normal sway bars won’t be that expensive and will be easy to put on once the electronic one fails
True I guess, but why get the electric bar in the first place, then have it break, and replace it with the lower-cost-to-repair non-electric version. I think serious crawlers just disconnect before they go trail riding anyway. I'm not that serious of an off-roader that it makes that much difference to me. My Hummer H3T has a nice 4x4 system with locking front diff, but I've not used it that much. The H3T is so rare that (1 of 2,400) that trashing it off-road would be tough for me to take. LOL.

I'd like to have the locking diff on the BD, but it comes with too much other stuff I don't want or care to have. If there is going to be so much aftermarket support for the New Bronco, hopefully a front locking diff swap will eventually be available.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True I guess, but why get the electric bar in the first place, then have it break, and replace it with the lower-cost-to-repair non-electric version. I think serious crawlers just disconnect before they go trail riding anyway. I'm not that serious of an off-roader that it makes that much difference to me. My Hummer H3T has a nice 4x4 system with locking front diff, but I've not used it that much. The H3T is so rare that (1 of 2,400) that trashing it off-road would be tough for me to take. LOL.

I'd like to have the locking diff on the BD, but it comes with too much other stuff I don't want or care to have. If there is going to be so much aftermarket support for the New Bronco, hopefully a front locking diff swap will eventually be available.
For me it’s about the $4k price difference to get the beefier front axle, Front locker, bilstein suspension, and 33’s as all that aftermarket would be way over $4k. I agree about the E sway bar disconnect and I wish they would let us take it off as an option lol

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For me it’s about the $4k price difference to get the beefier front axle, Front locker, bilstein suspension, and 33’s as all that aftermarket would be way over $4k. I agree about the E sway bar disconnect and I wish they would let us take it off as an option lol
The builds between the 2-door BD and BL with the same options for me: sound insulation, Bar doors, and tow package is $6,045. All I'd want from the BL is the front diff. I'm banking on a electronic diff swap will be far less that $6K; and that's if I decide later if I want one. $6K upfront is not an issue for me now, but I want less content so not as much stuff breaks later when I'm retired. LED taillights, BFD to me. I like the base tailights because they are more retro, as with the headlights.

Std. tires are 32" for BD and 33" for BL, so that's just over 3/4" more clearance. Not sure if the BL has more suspension height than that BD though.

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there really a big deal about incandescent tail lights vs. LED other than LED is "cool"
Wondering the same. I assume LED may be a bit brighter. So maybe safer. They look a bit better. I don't get "needing" them though.

Incandescents are likely much cheaper to replace if needed. The "inferior" tails are fine with me. I'll never see them in action.

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought that all the Broncos have LED lights.
The difference is “signature lights” vs standard.

at least that’s how I read it.

I like the look of standard head lights better.

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One huge factor for me is if I’ll be able to add the lights to a BD later. Obviously you’ll be able to, but I’m sure they’ll find a way to charge you a grand for them. IMO, very bronco should come with the LED signature lights. It’s 2020... if a base bronco can’t be bought for under $30,000, I would expect it to come with the signature lights ford has. My wife bought a Mazda CX-5 for $23,000 and it has LED everything. Such a cut corner cop out from ford ??‍♂
Aftermarket lights?

Clint Callahan

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aftermarket lights?
Ha! No, I won’t make the mistake of aftermarket again. Dropped $800 on aftermarket lights on my tundra and the DRL bars don’t work after a year and one of them has moisture inside that repeatedly fills up in my drivers side lamp every time it rains. The worst $800 I’ve ever spent. From now on, I will do OEM and do it right. And wait for ford to offer it done right
Sponsored