First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, I mostly care about the driver but would be nice to have it on both.
I think the idea is that tilt is about positioning you for the pedals. the passenger has no need for tilt.
Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
MGV looked great... But here in hot ass Arizona, we went to the dealer multiple times last summer and had to change to a trim where we could get cloth.

The MGV was scorching hot compared to leather and drastically hotter than cloth. My wife nearly burned her legs in their Badlands mannequin. Parked side by side it was an easy comparison.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MGV looked great... But here in hot ass Arizona, we went to the dealer multiple times last summer and had to change to a trim where we could get cloth.

The MGV was scorching hot compared to leather and drastically hotter than cloth. My wife nearly burned her legs in their Badlands mannequin. Parked side by side it was an easy comparison.
This is what I was afraid of with the MGV. It probably does not matter for most parts of the country but my time will be spent in the deep south and Florida.

If I could add one thing to the Bronco it would be ventilated seats. I was really hoping the Bronco Raptor had them.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We went MGV, I'm sure it will be no hotter than a motorcycle seat sitting out in the sun all day. Our first build had leather until I touched the MGV, I just feel like it will age better than the leather that were on the dog and pony Ford show with wrinkles all over the outside bolster.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have MGV in my BL and am extremely satisfied with it. I drove a couple Broncos at the Off Roadeo that all had leather, and I feel the MGV material is superior.

Consider these things when deciding between MGV and leather

1. Do you want full power seats? go leather
2. Do you want carpet? go leather
3. Do you absolutely have to have rear seat flip down arm rest w/ cupholders? go leather
4. Do you absolutely have to have adjustable tilt front seat headrests? go leather

I'm annoyed that 3. and 4. aren't available with MGV (apparent Ford cost cutting IMO), but those weren't worth switching to leather.

The seat heaters in the MGV is excellent, and usually too hot on level 3 for me after the first 5 mins, and the washout floor is clutch since I always use rubber monster mats in my other cars anyways.

Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my Badlands since Dec 18th, so month and a half ish... I love the MGV - almost feel like the seats were made specially for me. And I've sat in and driven a couple bronco's with the leather option. MGV all day every day. cheers!

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also non-memory seats was a huge deciding factor for me on seat material in our Badlands.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have MGV in my BL and am extremely satisfied with it. I drove a couple Broncos at the Off Roadeo that all had leather, and I feel the MGV material is superior.

Consider these things when deciding between MGV and leather

1. Do you want full power seats? go leather
2. Do you want carpet? go leather
3. Do you absolutely have to have rear seat flip down arm rest w/ cupholders? go leather
4. Do you absolutely have to have adjustable tilt front seat headrests? go leather

I'm annoyed that 3. and 4. aren't available with MGV (apparent Ford cost cutting IMO), but those weren't worth switching to leather.

The seat heaters in the MGV is excellent, and usually too hot on level 3 for me after the first 5 mins, and the washout floor is clutch since I always use rubber monster mats in my other cars anyways.
Curious if the heated seats come up onto the back at all. It seems rare to find that. I'd rather heated lower back and even shoulders than my butt. Seems thats rare except for luxury vehicles.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious if the heated seats come up onto the back at all. It seems rare to find that. I'd rather heated lower back and even shoulders than my butt. Seems thats rare except for luxury vehicles.
It definitely goes up the back, it doesn't go to the outer edges to like the corner of your shoulders but its definitely bottom and back cushions.

Sponsored

dmmjr_gas

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser - Magma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all, first off this is my first post - brand new to the group and have my order in for a 4 door Badlands. I know this topic is covered in older feeds but looking for updated info based on everyone's experience over time with the seat types.

I am between the leather and MGV seats - I usually get leather in vehicles but like the idea of the vinyl for durability, ease of cleaning and like that you can wash out the floors. I also wonder how the leather does with sun exposure over time with the top down. To me leather is always more "premium" but I hear great things about MGV....

Thoughts?
I got leather in my 4dr Badlands 7MT. If I had a do over, I'd do the MGV so I could get the rubber floor. Apparently, if you get leather, they assume you must need carpet. I don't! Carpet is a PITA to keep clean if you plan to use the truck as intended and not as a mall crawler.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also non-memory seats was a huge deciding factor for me on seat material in our Badlands.
no one gets memory, are you saying you didnt need power if it isnt memory anyway?

RSHart

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2013 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most "leather" seats are leather on the bottom and back only. I do NOT yet have my Bronco but drove to a place where some MGV Badlands were being displayed. The MGV felt much softer and better IMHO than leather. Hopefully, in a week or so I will have a better informed opinion.
That softer feel is what has me nervous about wear and tear on the MGV.

RSHart

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2013 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all, first off this is my first post - brand new to the group and have my order in for a 4 door Badlands. I know this topic is covered in older feeds but looking for updated info based on everyone's experience over time with the seat types.

I am between the leather and MGV seats - I usually get leather in vehicles but like the idea of the vinyl for durability, ease of cleaning and like that you can wash out the floors. I also wonder how the leather does with sun exposure over time with the top down. To me leather is always more "premium" but I hear great things about MGV....

Thoughts?
I prefer leather any day but if it is a coin flip for you consider this, I believe the MGV comes with the rubber wash out floors in Badlands where leather comes with carpeting. Unless that has changed.
Sponsored