BD vs BL - 4dr Squatch

weezy_jw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I 100% believe Ford kept to the mid package on the BD and no signature LED is to force people to upgrade to the BL.

That said, I’m going sasquatched BD. I like the mid (don’t want to pay for high), and that regular LED headlights with the amber horizontal running lights look pretty good too. I might try to upgrade later, but not worth the price of the BL in my opinion.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DaveH

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not in the transfer case. 2.72 vs 3.06
This makes me think the sasquatch has the same transfer case as the BL: https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf

TRANSFER CASE
Standard: 4x4 with part-time selectable engagement – two-speed electronic shift-on-the-fly 2.72:1 low ratio​
Optional: Advanced 4x4 with automatic on-demand 4H engagement – two-speed electromechanical transfer case 3.06:1 low ratio​

Sasquatch includes the Advanced 4x4. I'm thinking "Optional" refers to the sasquatch package, not the BL trim. I could be wrong. I can find this explicitly stated anywhere.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me the battle between BD and BL is all about the signature lights & and the ability to upgrade to a package higher than mid. If you don’t care about those things than it really comes down to what interior you like the best, really. Also the grill and headlights give each vehicle a different look, so which look strikes you the best?

21A013CF-1B6E-424A-8C61-6A25E0D5B67D.png

D840C634-287C-4A19-9150-B8616778EFA2.jpeg
That seems like a $300 fix

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This makes me think the sasquatch has the same transfer case as the BL: https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/bronco/pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf

TRANSFER CASE
Standard: 4x4 with part-time selectable engagement – two-speed electronic shift-on-the-fly 2.72:1 low ratio​
Optional: Advanced 4x4 with automatic on-demand 4H engagement – two-speed electromechanical transfer case 3.06:1 low ratio​

Sasquatch includes the Advanced 4x4. I'm thinking "Optional" refers to the sasquatch package, not the BL trim. I could be wrong. I can find this explicitly stated anywhere.
My point of reference showed Sasquatch package making no mention of the Advanced Transfer case in the description on the model comparison & the advanced T-case is an option for BD. I do see it on the B&P now that it will be added.

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just think of Badlands as 4 extra $1000 dollar payments, that's how I justify it to my wife.

OP
OP
DaveH

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My point of reference showed Sasquatch package making no mention of the Advanced Transfer case in the description on the model comparison & the advanced T-case is an option for BD. I do see it on the B&P now that it will be added.

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf
Thanks. The reason I started this thread was to make sure I understood the difference between BD and BL. I didn't know about the transfer case differences between the different trims and packages so I learned something. While it doesn't pertain directly to the topic of this thread, all the more reason the sasquatch packages is a good value vs those that are debating doing their own upgrades from non-squatch. I don't think I've seen the transfer case differences being mentioned when people are discussing the differences.

Just think of Badlands as 4 extra $1000 dollar payments, that's how I justify it to my wife.
LOL. My wife knows I am the frugal one. She trusts me to buy just what I think I need. (Hmmm, I supposed that would exclude the entire Bronco purchase.) For reference, my DD is a base Focus, and for when I need more vehicle, I have a '96 Expedition with 200K miles.) In fact, she has been telling me to make sure I get the options I want since I intend to have my Bronco for many years to come. Can't abuse that trust. Plus, 4x$1000 could go toward some aftermarket toy for my Bronco that I would get more use out of.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one has seen the upgraded instrument panel. I would imagine it is all digital just like every other Ford.
I think you have that backwards. We've only seen the high instrument cluster. The basic cluster is probably 2 mechanical dials and a small screen in between.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. The reason I started this thread was to make sure I understood the difference between BD and BL. I didn't know about the transfer case differences between the different trims and packages so I learned something. While it doesn't pertain directly to the topic of this thread, all the more reason the sasquatch packages is a good value vs those that are debating doing their own upgrades from non-squatch. I don't think I've seen the transfer case differences being mentioned when people are discussing the differences.
No doubt, some of the information is still fluid and not set in stone, but hopefully they will have it nailed down before the ordering starts :sneaky:

make sure I get the options I want since I intend to have my Bronco for many years to come.
Being as you are like me & intend to keep this vehicle for many years, I would suggest that even if it cost a little more & if it's within budget, to get what you really want in the trim of the truck. Accessories and such can be added over time, but factory options usually can't. The short term sting will fade long before the constant reminder that for just a few more dollars a month I could have got what I really wanted.

I intend this to be the last vehicle I buy because to quote a 70's tv show "8 is enough" to last the rest of my lifetime. :p
Sponsored